Keogh/Keane

CapeTownRams

Certainly a blow losing Keogh  - and for (on paper) the most difficult of the short term games (Hudds). But I do wonder whether it might actually be a blessing in disguise since it gives Keane a chance to play. I believe he is certainly no worse than Keogh and may actually be the better player. The only area that I think Keogh might bring something more to the table is in commitment to that last ditch 50/50 tackle or some diving block - something that might end in injury. Just think Keane (as a loanee) may be less inclined to give that extra 1%. But that aside I think he's a great stand-in.

Thing is that this injury shows exactly why we need cover for Keogh (and certain of our other key players e.g. Wisdom) and also why we need Keane on a season long loan. Fact is, if he isn't playing regularly Utd won't extend his loan when it ends in Jan. With him playing then they are far more likely to do so. Which I believe is vital.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to be honest I thought that when Keogh went off the pitch today we lost our way at the back, Keane looked to eager to get forward and was out of position a number of times needing colleagues to cover for him and in turn pulling them out of position, buxton seemed to be affected the most with his new defensive partner, it lead to a wayward twenty minutes where if it wasn't for a couple of key saves from grant the result could have gone the other way, I think we will miss keough.

to be honest I thought that when Keogh went off the pitch today we lost our way at the back, Keane looked to eager to get forward and was out of position a number of times needing colleagues to cover for him and in turn pulling them out of position, Buxton seemed to be affected the most with his new defensive partner, it lead to a wayward twenty minutes where if it wasn't for a couple of key saves from grant the result could have gone the other way, I think we will miss keough.

spot on

I read on here that Keogh was crap, loads of posts on it actually.

Can't say he was playing that well earlier in the season, but he has been on top of his game since McClaren breezed into town.

Keogh was really poor earlier this season. Thought everything could be solved by doing it with aggression.

Looks relaxed lately and confident. Been near to faultless.

Great turn around. Same with Forsyth. Danny Mills words ring true here

I read on here that Keogh was crap, loads of posts on it actually.

Keogh wasn't crap. He is.

It's easy to be centreback in a team which is defending so well as a unit.

We might be winning and keeping clean sheets, but I wouldn't say our CB's are that good. (They are good enough for now, but not good enough in PL...)

Keogh has improved a lot in the last few weeks. Keane looks good but I just can't work out the purpose. We wouldn't bring someone in on loan to warm the bench for the season, so if Keogh wasn't injured would he have swapped out Buxton at some stage? Would be mad to do so IMO.

Keogh wasn't crap. He is.

It's easy to be centreback in a team which is defending so well as a unit.

We might be winning and keeping clean sheets, but I wouldn't say our CB's are that good. (They are good enough for now, but not good enough in PL...)

I think that sentence,  says a lot about a lot, The whole point about Managers and players is to find good players who can listen and put into practice what a manager wants,and make it seem easy, the fact we are more solid now, and defend well as a unit surely has to be because of that,meaning in my view, Keogh isnt crap. He might not have been great, but no-one can deny his improvement which says more about his previous coaches.....

Keane clearly has ability but we did look shacky yesterday, maybe it was down to the change but also wisdom had probably his worst game since he had been here it happens. One thing we will certainly score more with keane, he wins a lot in the opposition boxes, just needs to find the target but I guess that's why he is a defender not a centr forward

Archived