Palace in peace

CPFCNAC

Well yes I do. I think eventually most fans agreed with that view.

Just because its your view doesn't mean its most peoples view.

It was ***** like roberts that was the reason we struggled to make mid-table.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because its your view doesn't mean its most peoples view.

It was ***** like roberts that was the reason we struggled to make mid-table.

Just because that's your view, doesn't mean it's most people's view.

I would suggest that the majority of Derby fans I know thought Roberts improved in his second and third seasons and was a viewed as a respected pro.

Jordan Stewart was replaced by Moxey who was replaced by Roberts who was replaced by Forsyth. All progress in my opinion..  

The moment I thought Clough had lost me with his judgement was Crawley away. Sitting on the bench unused all game was the guy who could swing a game. Alberto Bueno. But instead we play Ben bloody Pringle there.

I always liked the look of moxey, but he clearly did something wrong as he was soon binned by clough.

Just because that's your view, doesn't mean it's most people's view.

I would suggest that the majority of Derby fans I know thought Roberts improved in his second and third seasons and was a viewed as a respected pro.

Jordan Stewart was replaced by Moxey who was replaced by Roberts who was replaced by Forsyth. All progress in my opinion..

Maybe thats the problem. To much buy/get a new player instead of how to improve the player.

Thought Moxey was a good buy and did well pretty for us. Clearly had ability, even if he made some mistakes. But seemed a great buy and definitely someone who was good enough at the time and could get better.

On the whole I liked Nigel, but he did play Moxey as a centre forward (in fairness Moxey did OK there!) and then decided the lad's face didn't fit so he was moved on. The most inexplicable Rams left back sale decision was the Bald Eagle binning off Chrissy Powell, but it made no sense at all to me for Derby to get rid of Moxey either.

As for Martin, as others have said, he's the pivot around which our attack is built. Basically we play a front 5, with him holding the ball up well and binging the other runners into play. He and the rest of them score for fun - happy days...

A lot of ppl on here will not rate Moxey because he came from the lower leagues, but I thought he was a class player for us. Just got into Cloughs naughty corner.

Many Derby players in recent times came from the lower leagues (and I include Scotland in that description), including the magnificent and omnipotent Sir Jake of Buxton.

Many Derby players in recent times came from the lower leagues (and I include Scotland in that description), including the magnificent and omnipotent Sir Jake of Buxton

Quite right - although to be fair I think there are very few who still believe that it is a legitimate way of attacking a player.

I believe most are happy to look for potential and judge performances when assessing a player.

Quite right - although to be fair I think there are very few who still believe that it is a legitimate way of attacking a player.

I believe most are happy to look for potential and judge performances when assessing a player.

I think a massive failing of the modern day fan is to judge players on a snapshot of the current moment. Potential is so often put second. Especially on here.. i.e. people slagging Dawkins & Forsyth in their first few games.

Archived