Palace in peace

CPFCNAC

Hi there,

Although a life long palace fan, I have always admired Derby and hope you do well this year. Having said that, in relieved we have overcome the 11 point you set, as i was genuinely worried about that at one stage.

I wanted to ask what you thought of Dean Moxey because he's been quality for us since he joined. Also, is Martin being played as a centre forward, because when he was at Palace, he was played in midfield, and I didn't like him there.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moxey was average. He never really got a fair crack mind... Was a classic case of getting on the wrong side of Clough somehow and then that was it.

And yes, Martin is up top. And is the focal point from which everything else stems.

Yes, that's how i liked him to play(Martin), in the role Glenn Murray played for us last year

He is the perfect striker for the passing football we play. His size can be deceptive, he would never win headers all game. But play it to feet/chest and it usually sticks.

I thought Moxey did OK for us, but must have come on some as I'd never have had him down as a Prem player.

As said above, Chris Martin has played up top and been excellent.

Good luck to Palace too.

Jonathan Parr is an odd player. Very good going forward for a LB, although some of his positioning is questionable. Havnt seen him in the prem, but he was great in the 2nd division and comes up with the odd goal or assist. Very consistent and would not want to lose him.

Moxey was naive in defence. He used to get caught out a lot and was reckless.

Looked like he could be decent going forward if he was given the freedom and confidence.

Basically his decision making was poor. He himself looked ok.

I remember Palace coming here and Martin played a playmaker role behind Murray but infront of your midfield.

He was a right moaning fooker but he managed to do less diving than when he came with Norwich.

I don't think he's ever played or ever will play that deep with us. He's played as a fellow striker with Sammon but it seems our main plan is to surround him with players that are fast and energetic and like beating a man. He's our main man though. He's class. Brought the best out of Craig Bryson. For such a team player he's got a lot of goals

Moxey was just settling and playing his best football when nigel spat him out and we spent several seasons with a bald welsh ageing midget at full back instead.

One of nigels most stupid decisions.

Moxey was just settling and playing his best football when nigel spat him out and we spent several seasons with a bald welsh ageing midget at full back instead.

One of nigels most stupid decisions.

I would say they were on par with each other, never rated Moxey

I would say they were on par with each other, never rated Moxey

....but what did it say about nigel?

When he arrived, the fanfare was that he knew the non-leagues and the lower league gems.

Moxey was just about his first signing from a league 2 team.

Signings like moxey were supposed to be the bedrock of the new future.

So when he starts binning his own signings, what does that say?

Thats when i lost faith in his judgement.

....but what did it say about nigel?

When he arrived, the fanfare was that he knew the non-leagues and the lower league gems.

Moxey was just about his first signing from a league 2 team.

Signings like moxey were supposed to be the bedrock of the new future.

So when he starts binning his own signings, what does that say?

Thats when i lost faith in his judgement.

A manager signs a player and then sells him for the same amount when he finds someone better. Disgraceful.

Well yes I do. I think eventually most fans agreed with that view.

Yet hasn't what moxey gone on and done totally proved that wrong? He is now looking the part, well according to the palace fans, in the premier league.

Well football as they say is about opinions and I never thought Roberts was an improvement or had more ability than moxey.

Yet hasn't what moxey gone on and done totally proved that wrong? He is now looking the part, well according to the palace fans, in the premier league.

Well football as they say is about opinions and I never thought Roberts was an improvement or had more ability than moxey.

I don't think Roberts has more ability than Moxey, I just think he defended better for Derby. Moxey was second choice at Palace in the championship, but Parr got injured and Moxey took his chance. Every time I have seen him play in the Prem, he has given a goal away.  

Eddie Lewis played in the Prem at left back. It doesn't make him a Prem left back.

Archived