The Future of Sammon

Finchley_Ram

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's Dawkins got to do with Sammon? Completely different type of player... Not forgetting they actually play different positions

Dawkins got nothing to do with Sammon, I didnt say otherwise. My point as macca signing another attacking player has Sammon got a future here? Macca hasnt really used sammon alot and Im assuming he must be one of the highest earners at the club.

With January coming up, getting rid of him and getting someone else could be the best option.

Dawkins got nothing to do with Sammon, I didnt say otherwise. My point as macca signing another attacking player has Sammon got a future here? Macca hasnt really used sammon alot and Im assuming he must be one of the highest earners at the club. With January coming up, getting rid of him and getting someone else could be the best option.
You're not making sense. You say that you didn't say Dawkins has anything to do with Sammon... Then ask if Sammon has got a future because we are signing another attacker?

You're not making sense. You say that you didn't say Dawkins has anything to do with Sammon... Then ask if Sammon has got a future because we are signing another attacker?

Im making very clear sence. With Macca Wishing to sign Dawkins increasing our attack force and sammon isnt really getting a look in and also one of our high earners.

Is there a future for him? regardless if sammon and dawkins are not simlar players.

Dawkins got nothing to do with Sammon, I didnt say otherwise. My point as macca signing another attacking player has Sammon got a future here? Macca hasnt really used sammon alot and Im assuming he must be one of the highest earners at the club.

With January coming up, getting rid of him and getting someone else could be the best option.

Do you mean getting rid of Salmon and use the money to bring in another striker - if so then that's a bit of a contradiction if you feel we have too many strikers.

If Martin gets injured or suspended, his logical replacement from within the current squad is Salmon - no other 'striker' fits the bill

You're listing 2 different positions there...

You've got the main striker where Martin's got that nailed down and Sammon behind him.

Then you've got the wingers with Ward, Russell and Dawkins fighting it out for the starting spot and Bennett just behind them.

Sammon's still the main back-up for his position. Albeit a very expensive one :lol:

Sammon is the only natural cover / replacement for Martin, Finchley

An injury or suspension (Martin is one booking away from a one game ban) would mean a square peg replacement or a change of formation if Sammon goes.

Your dislike of Sammon is one thing, but would you happily sabotage a winning formation or style for a game just to be rid of him?

;)

Sammon is just a different option up front. He doesn't really have a natural competitor for his place. If he's happy to sit on the bench and play bit parts where we need to try a different attacking option then he'll stay. He'll never be first choice though as we'd never start a game with the option of "big man holding up play and blasting shots into the stand"

Sammon is the only natural cover / replacement for Martin, Finchley

An injury or suspension (Martin is one booking away from a one game ban) would mean a square peg replacement or a change of formation if rol goes.

Your dislike of Sammon is one thing, but would you happily sabotage a winning formation or style for a game just to be rid of him?

;)

I would actually prefer to see Bennett play in that role if Martin was suspended, as his touch and control is superior to Sammons.

I actually think we need another striker in the Martin mould if he does get injured/loss of form. That type of striker is the pivot in this teams style of play and currently is one of the few positions we don't have like for like cover.

So as for Sammon's future? He needs to be hooked permanently and not thrown back into the pool.

Sammon / Martin

Dawkins / Ward / Bennett / Russell

Unless we sign someone in Jan Sammon is still a big part of the matchday squad. If Martin gets injured he's an able replacement. He'll have a part to play at some point as the games come thick and fast. He'll do a job for us, give everything and is a good personality to have around the place...

I would actually prefer to see Bennett play in that role if Martin was suspended, as his touch and control is superior to Sammons.

I actually think we need another striker in the Martin mould if he does get injured/loss of form. That type of striker is the pivot in this teams style of play and currently is one of the few positions we don't have like for like cover.

So as for Sammon's future? He needs to be hooked permanently and not thrown back into the pool.

Sammon over Bennett for that role any day of the week at the moment. Bennett has potential but at the moment he's very raw and i'd trust Sammon much more for that position.

Agree with the Bennett comments. Jacobs is way ahead of Mason at the moment for me. Still very much undecided on Mason as to whether he will make it at this level. His first touch has been very poor lately and you can't teach that. Either he has it or he doesn't. :(

I guess we all see different things. I like Jacobs but don't see him as as a holding striker in the Martin mould, I get that if we were talking about using him in a different formation if Martin wasn't available.

As for Sammon I just don't see it and would rather play Callum Ball as a Central Striker. For me this is more of Bennett's natural position, he's strong and has good control. I think when he has come on in wider positions he is trying to force it a bit too much. The only time Sammon is effective is if the ball is in front of him in wide areas, I think he is woeful in the central are especially when high balls come to him in that position.

Archived