The Future of Sammon

Finchley_Ram

Think a few of you are being harsh on Rich3478, some of the passing was atrocious, we lacked meaningful movement and basically looked a very tired team.

Had we lost I daresay a lot would have said the wheels had come off, down to earth with a bump etc etc

You say that as if there were no positives.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 points were a positive, Forsyths performance was a positive.

Can't think of many more.

Let's look at it:-

How much possession did we have?

How many shots/chances did Boro have?

How many touches did Shay Given need?

How many offsides did we have? (shows intent)

How many times did we touch the ball in their area?

How many crosses into the box did we make/attempt?

How many points did Middlesbrough take from the game?

You may not see those as positives, but there was only one negative, not much we tried actually worked.

You may not see those as positives, but there was only one negative, not much we tried actually worked.

Could have been more comfortable if Ward had scored when Dawkins set him up, or the header off the line from a corner went in.

1 - Lots of possession with very few chances created.

2 - 1 chance 1 goal.

3 - Not sure but don't remember him making many saves.

4 - Numerous offsides, I would see this as very poor play rather than being a positive.

5 - Not sure

6 - We got into good wide positions countless times and only managed 2 decent crosses.

7 - 0 points, already stated the points situation was a positive.

If we had put on such a display of poor passing, slow build up play and wasted good positions the way we did the other night during Cloughs reign I am sure you would not be taking the same stance you are now.

2 - 1 chance 1 goal.

4 - Numerous offsides, I would see this as very poor play rather than being a positive.

5 - Not sure

6 - We got into good wide positions countless times and only managed 2 decent crosses.

If we had put on such a display of poor passing, slow build up play and wasted good positions the way we did the other night during Cloughs reign I am sure you would not be taking the same stance you are now.

I honestly think that you are right, and that we really ought to approach the Football League to see if we can donate the 3 points we so undeservedly stole on Wednesday to a more deserving club, or even a charity.

BMO.

2 - 1 chance 1 goal.

5 - Not sure

This is just what I'm on about people just won't get over Clough and maybe I don't articulate it very well .

Every time we get a slight off day this sort of comment wil rear it's ugly head.

G STAR I'm not having a go at you for pointing this out I feel that a lot of people have this view but for me it's a false premise.

I honestly think that you are right, and that we really ought to approach the Football League to see if we can donate the 3 points we so undeservedly stole on Wednesday to a more deserving club, or even a charity.

BMO.

Ok we played brilliant with crisp neat passing, created loads of chances and if it wasn't for Shay Given we would have been 10-1.

Oh and their goal was lucky and 5 yards offside.

There we go is that better?

PS - I will ring DCFC and get them to edit McClarens press conference/interviews where he acknowledges we didn't play well

2 - 1 chance 1 goal.

5 - Not sure

Under Clough we regularly had poor passing, no build-up whatsoever and no good positions to waste, had we played like we did on Wednesday night under NC, I'd have been delighted cos it showed something lacking in recent years 'character'. No doubt in my mind that we'd have played to protect the point under NC and more than likely, with our then disorganised defence, conceded and lost.

By no means was it a vintage display, but it was convincing, for all the criticism, Boro never had a chance of beating us. Had that been the first game under McClaren following Clough's departure, it would've still been an improvement, so we are still going in the right direction. Harder to beat, more capable of scoring, and more attacking and positive.

We didn't play that well on Tuesday, Wednesday. But I was pleased with the match.

It's possible to hold both those viewpoints.

This thread isn't about the match on Tuesday Wednesday though, it's about Connor Sammon.

Sort your s*it out bruv...

Under Clough we regularly had poor passing, no build-up whatsoever and no good positions to waste, had we played like we did on Wednesday night under NC, I'd have been delighted cos it showed something lacking in recent years 'character'. No doubt in my mind that we'd have played to protect the point under NC and more than likely, with our then disorganised defence, conceded and lost.

By no means was it a vintage display, but it was convincing, for all the criticism, Boro never had a chance of beating us. Had that been the first game under McClaren following Clough's departure, it would've still been an improvement, so we are still going in the right direction. Harder to beat, more capable of scoring, and more attacking and positive.

I was by no means Cloughs greatest fan but that first sentence is utter tosh in my opinion.

I was by no means Cloughs greatest fan but that first sentence is utter tosh in my opinion.

In that case I would say you never watched Derby in that time then! Until Will Hughes came into the side, our passing was woeful. We were a diagonal hoofball side for 3 and a half years, bypassing the static Savage and co!

Hahahahaha, I'm astounded by your statement!

Ok we played brilliant with crisp neat passing, created loads of chances and if it wasn't for Shay Given we would have been 10-1.

Oh and their goal was lucky and 5 yards offside.

There we go is that better?

PS - I will ring DCFC and get them to edit McClarens press conference/interviews where he acknowledges we didn't play well

Good show. And while you're at it, ask someone if you can borrow a sense of perspective.

Archived