Middlesbrough

Boroinbishop

Hi guys, hope you don't mind me coming over from www.oneboro.co.uk apologies if i've put this in the wrong section of the forum.

As part of my match day thread on oneboro i like to gauge the opinions of the opposing fans, you're more than welcome on oneboro to come and comment on the thread  before, during and after the game, i'll provide a link to the thread once it is up and running.

The things i'd like to know are as follows:
1. who are you most worried about from the Boro team
2. who should we be worried about
3. the strongest area of your squad, Defence, midfield etc.
4. How can we expect to see you line up
5.  score predictions

If there's anything you need to know about the boro i'm happy to answer any questions you have.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, hope you don't mind me coming over from www.oneboro.co.uk apologies if i've put this in the wrong section of the forum.

As part of my match day thread on oneboro i like to gauge the opinions of the opposing fans, you're more than welcome on oneboro to come and comment on the thread  before, during and after the game, i'll provide a link to the thread once it is up and running.

3. the strongest area of your squad

5.  score predictions

If there's anything you need to know about the boro i'm happy to answer any questions you have.

1.Chris Riggot

2.Jake Buxton

3.Jake Buxton

4.1 goal keeper, 10 outfield players- bit boring tbh

5.Derby 3-0 Midleebrough

1. Personally I think Carayol is a great player but in my opinion Adomah is the biggest threat. He came on as a sub for Bristol City last season when we won 3-0 at home and did more in about 20 minutes than any other player had done all evening. 

2. Chris Martin has unbelievable ball retention and will lay it off for the midfielders so I would say watch out for the runners in behind, if we continue to play like we have, Ward, Dawkins and Russell. 

3. Midfield. Hughes ENG U-21. Hendrick - ROI international. Bryson - SCOT international. 

Grant

Widsom Keogh Buxton Forsyth

Hughes Eustace Bryson

Russell Martin Ward

5. 1-0 Jamie Ward

Adomah v Forsyth could be a problem

We're a proper team. I'm sure you've heard the hype around Hughes and he has inspired us but he's not really a constant match winner. We are built around him and we have good balance. No stars

Midfield. When they move it quickly and get settled we go forward very quickly. Don't let them settle and you'll do well. Easier said than done though

433. One holding midfielder and two deeper wingers. Martin at the head.

1-0. But with Wigan to play tmoz it could change our outlook

As part of my match day thread on oneboro i like to gauge the opinions of the opposing fans, you're more than welcome on oneboro to come and comment on the thread before, during and after the game, i'll provide a link to the thread once it is up and running.

5. score predictions

1. Jutkiewicz. Always dominates us.

2. Bryson and Hughes midfield tandem.

3. Attacking. Aforementioned runners, combined with Martin and the wingers. Luckily for you, Ward is out who has been scoring for fun the last few weeks. But Russell should be fit.

4. Grant, Wisdom, Keogh, Keane, Forsyth, Cisse, Hughes, Bryson, Russell, Dawkins, Martin. In a sort of 4-1-2-2-1, with a man sitting and 2 wingers come inside forwards.

5. I'd hope we can win, but I never fancy us for clean sheets. So I'd go 2-1.

Hi guys, hope you don't mind me coming over from www.oneboro.co.uk apologies if i've put this in the wrong section of the forum

As part of my match day thread on oneboro i like to gauge the opinions of the opposing fans, you're more than welcome on oneboro to come and comment on the thread before, during and after the game, i'll provide a link to the thread once it is up and running.

5. score predictions

1. Adomah, worried about him up against Craig Forsyth at left back

2. No one in particular, we work as a team, everyone's involved, arguably the best football in the championship

3. Midfield - fantastic passing and can dominate teams

4. Grant, wisdom, keogh, Buxton/keane, Forsyth, hendrick/eustace, Bryson, Hughes, Dawkins, Russell, Martin (if ward is still injured)

5. 3-1 derby

1. Personally I think Carayol is a great player but in my opinion Adomah is the biggest threat. He came on as a sub for Bristol City last season when we won 3-0 at home and did more in about 20 minutes than any other player had done all evening. 

2. Chris Martin has unbelievable ball retention and will lay it off for the midfielders so I would say watch out for the runners in behind, if we continue to play like we have, Ward, Dawkins and Russell. 

3. Midfield. Hughes ENG U-21. Hendrick - ROI international. Bryson - SCOT international. 

Grant

Widsom Keogh Buxton Forsyth

Hughes Eustace Bryson

Russell Martin Ward

5. 1-0 Jamie Ward

Keane?

Once stumbled across a shabbily dressed chap dismantling a shopping trolley at 9.30pm behind the Captain Cook Square shopping precinct in Middlesbrough town centre. He was sat on the floor quietly working away. We asked him if he was ok to which he replied "fook off, can't you see i'm busy".

strange place...

Once stumbled across a shabbily dressed chap dismantling a shopping trolley at 9.30pm behind the Captain Cook Square shopping precinct in Middlesbrough town centre. He was sat on the floor quietly working away. We asked him if he was ok to which he replied "fook off, can't you see i'm busy".

strange place...

I used to enjoy the company of Boro fans when I worked up there and stayed in Redkuh (translation: Redcar). It was during our Amigos time and their McClaren Europe time. I think they felt sorry for me, crying into my beer and muttering 'Mikkel Beck' all the time.  We had got rid of Beck about 4 years before, but such was the lasting impression he had on me, I would even cross the road if someone walked along with a Great Dane on a lead - 'just in case'.

And then one of them pointed out the sleazy dive in Redcar where Beck used to go for 'nights out'. It was as if he was haunting me - or I was caught up in a scene from "Beck to the Future".

Archived