Middlesbrough

Boroinbishop

1. Sorry but without looking it up I can't think of who actually plays for Boro! Does that striker still play for you, Juzlikovelic or whatever his name was?

2. Dawkins, Martin, Russell.

3. Attack

4. 4-3-3

5. 2-0 to Derby

Who are your danger men?

Jutkiewicz probably won't play, he looks to be on his way out to blackburn in january

Our danger men this year are Adomah, Carayol, Kei Kamara and when he's got the right head on Emnes can be premiership class player.

Grant leadbitter is suspended for us so dean whitehead will probably start

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. We always seem to struggle witJutkiewicz and Leadbetter is a decent player as well. If they aren't playing then Adomah has been banging a few goals in but he doesnt look anything special from what i have seen (football league highlights).

2. Every player in front of Eustace

3. Midfield

4. 4-3-3

5. Derby 4 - 1 Middlesbrough 

Boro fan here. Think a key factor in this match will be how well your defence can deal with pace. Our main quartet of attacking players (kamara, Emnes, Carayol and Adomah) are absolutely rapid. In addition to this Kamara has an absolutely humongous leap on him and rarely loses a header (although the quality of his knock downs leave a fair bit to be desired). I don't think it'll be the walk in the park you guys seem to think it is, but more of a closely fought contest. I could be wrong however, I'm no mystic Meg!. Best of luck for the remainder of this season after the full time whistle has been blown here, and beware of being confident of promotion so soon. Believe me we were in a similar situation this time last year. We were top by the end of November and didn't drop out of the top six for a good chunk of the season, then the new year came and we ended up closer to relegation than promotion, even though we'd managed to win 8 straight games through October and November! As I said earlier best of luck, and if you do get to the premier league, try to not have a repeat of your last stint in the top flight ;)

If you're after a sensible answer Bishop, ignore the above. 

Fact is Boro have good pace, as their posters have said, and it looks from the way they set up they will defend deep and hit us on the break. That's how Burnley, Leics, Reading beat us, but obviously that was when Cloughie was in charge.

In the home games since McLaren took over, we've had home games v Leeds (hopeless), Birmingham (one dimensional) and Sheff Weds (really hopeless). Tonight I imagine will be the stiffest home test since he took over and it will be interesting if Boro sit deep and we don't get an early goal, how we will handle it.

We can't defend. So unless your lot don't bother turning up, it will be a formality. I think I said 3-1 to Derby over on our forum, so I think that's a good prediction. The only time I think we have won at Pride Park in recent years was that end of season affair a few years back when Main scored the winner. Aside from that, its not a happy hunting ground for us when the teams are somewhat evenly matched-up. 

I don't think we have the players or confidence at the back to play a tight game. Let's be honest Leeds beat us and they are absolute *****, so you should have no problems. We have only won one away game in the league in this entire calendar year so that tells you all you need to know about how much the team is going through the motions at the moment. 

Anyways I would be happy with a point tonight, but I just don't see it. I reckon we'll score though. We always do. The players like to give us that brief moment of hope before it gets dashed again thanks to a under-hit backpass or someone attempting to clear the ball into touch. 

If you're after a sensible answer Bishop, ignore the above. 

Fact is Boro have good pace, as their posters have said, and it looks from the way they set up they will defend deep and hit us on the break. That's how Burnley, Leics, Reading beat us, but obviously that was when Cloughie was in charge.

In the home games since McLaren took over, we've had home games v Leeds (hopeless), Birmingham (one dimensional) and Sheff Weds (really hopeless). Tonight I imagine will be the stiffest home test since he took over and it will be interesting if Boro sit deep and we don't get an early goal, how we will handle it.

The difference between Boro and Burnley, Leics and Reading is that the latter 3 can actually defend very well. (13, 18 & 20 goals conceded compared to Boro's 26).

Every time I've seen Boro play (and the stats also suggest this), they play a lot like us. It's going to be an open game, I'm sure of that.

The difference between Boro and Burnley, Leics and Reading is that the latter 3 can actually defend very well. (13, 18 & 20 goals conceded compared to Boro's 26).

Every time I've seen Boro play (and the stats also suggest this), they play a lot like us. It's going to be an open game, I'm sure of that.

You're forgetting that was under the previous manager, from what we've seen so far form Karanka is that he wants to make us hard to beat then throw on some attacking players around 70 mins to try go for the win, could be a very boring first 70 minutes

We're a lot better going forwards than we are defending. We've scored a heck of a lot of goals, but conceded a lot too. In our last game our defence looked much more solid than it has for pretty much the entire season so far, granted 1 game is nothing to base anything on. 

I think we'd be fools not to try to attack you as our attacking players are far superior to our defenders. 

You're forgetting that was under the previous manager, from what we've seen so far form Karanka is that he wants to make us hard to beat then throw on some attacking players around 70 mins to try go for the win, could be a very boring first 70 minutes

Ah, that's fair enough. I'd actually forgotten about the new manager and I can't claim to have seen Boro since he's come in.

We're a lot better going forwards than we are defending. We've scored a heck of a lot of goals, but conceded a lot too. In our last game our defence looked much more solid than it has for pretty much the entire season so far, granted 1 game is nothing to base anything on. 

I think we'd be fools not to try to attack you as our attacking players are far superior to our defenders. 

You've just described Derby down to a tee as well to be honest.. Even down to the last bit, where we've conceded only 1 goal in our last 3 games.

It seems Boro and Derby are very similar teams :lol:

I always wondered how Boro went on such a bad run... I liked Mowbs as a manager aswell, I thought he had WBA playing some great football..

This game has goals in it.. If there aren't 3 or more goals then something isn't right..

The thing is, we haven't seen Boro play much and they haven't seen us play much.. It's all paper talk at best.. They probably look at our midfield of Bryson, Eustace and Hughes and think 'who the feck are they?' or they look at the likes of Forsyth and Buxton and automatically assume we're bang average..

Players are just that.. We've seen over the years it's not always the teams with the best players that do well but one with the best team..

I look at Boro's front 4 and think they're better than ours... But in reality I'd argue our front guys link better together and are better off the ball.. We haven't scored 33 goals by fluke..

I reckon one set of fans will go home tonight quite suprised and had clearly underestimated their opponents.. We'll know at 9.30pm which set of fans that was

Went on Boro's forum, and saw a thread entitled "Championship XI". About 75% of them put Hughes in, and at least two put Hughes and Bryson in. So I'm not sure we've got the team of unknowns we used to have.

High score draw for me still.

Saw a few Wisdom's in there too.

Archived