Middlesbrough

Boroinbishop

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys seem confident of keeping a clean sheet, i can't see us not scoring, we're scoring for fun at the minute, barring our last game where we only got one.

If we can hit you on the counter i think you'll struggle to cope with the pace of our front four (Kamara, Carayol, Emnes and Adomah) who are all lightning quick.

We're a very good counter attacking side because of the pace we have, i don't think your full backs will be venturing forward in a hurry.

I can't see us getting anything more than a draw at best out of this one, if we can stay solid at the back we could nick it 1-0, more likely to be 3-2 to you or something like that.

You guys seem confident of keeping a clean sheet, i can't see us not scoring, we're scoring for fun at the minute, barring our last game where we only got one.

If we can hit you on the counter i think you'll struggle to cope with the pace of our front four (Kamara, Carayol, Emnes and Adomah) who are all lightning quick.

We're a very good counter attacking side because of the pace we have, i don't think your full backs will be venturing forward in a hurry.

I can't see us getting anything more than a draw at best out of this one, if we can stay solid at the back we could nick it 1-0, more likely to be 3-2 to you or something like that.

i think, if we turn up and play as we know we can, you wont be able to stop us from scoring, if you want anything from the game, you're going to have to score more than us

If Derby could turn it on to the extent they did in the first half against Wigan, and sustain it for 90 minutes, then I'm afraid that you would need a calculator. Derby as a pure footballing team are absolutely streets ahead of anything else this division has got to offer going forward - and as far as 'scoring for fun' is concerned, Middlesbrough are, indeed, the second-highest scorers in the league with a creditable 27. Just 6 behind the highest scorers in the league - Derby.

This could be an absolute classic.

If Derby could turn it on to the extent they did in the first half against Wigan, and sustain it for 90 minutes, then I'm afraid that you would need a calculator. Derby as a pure footballing team are absolutely streets ahead of anything else this division has got to offer going forward - and as far as 'scoring for fun' is concerned, Middlesbrough are, indeed, the second-highest scorers in the league with a creditable 27. Just 6 behind the highest scorers in the league - Derby.

Been on that beer again eddie? I agree though, we are the best footballing side in the league.

It's going to be 0-0 now!

I don't care what boro do well or don't do well. Showing that if we play to our potential we win, we're tearing teams apart! A case of playing well, attacking and getting three points!

A lot of teams have come to us and sat back and we've struggled to break them down. Even Wednesday managed to keep us out for quite a while.

If you're a good counter attacking side it should make a great game. It's the way to beat us at Pride Park.

Should be good.

Been on that beer again eddie? I agree though, we are the best footballing side in the league.

What part of what I typed are you disagreeing with ('on the beer again' surely means that you are in disagreement with something)? 

The football we played in the first half, against a team with one of the more miserly defences in the league, was irresistible. Perhaps it didn't come over that way on the radio, but we really were that good for a time. Wigan, to their credit, threw the kitchen sink at Derby in the second half, but we toughed it out thanks to a bit of luck and some resolute defending by Keogh, Bucko and a top goalkeeping display by Grant.

Middlesbrough are indeed the second-highest scorers in the Championship, but their defence is even leakier than ours is/was.

1. who are you most worried about from the Boro team

2. who should we be worried about

3. the strongest area of your squad, Defence, midfield etc.

4. How can we expect to see you line up

5.  score predictions

1) Adomah always seems to look a player when I see him.

2) Will Hughes. Give him a yard to get his head up, and the next thing you know there's a white shirt clean through.

3) Midfield

4) 433. Defensive midfield player, two wingers, two attacking midfield players, one up top.

5) 2-0. Optimism doesn't come easy after 5 years of mediocrity but on the evidence of the last month we're going to have to much for anyone in the middle of this league at home. Although who knows with the Championship?

What part of what I typed are you disagreeing with ('on the beer again' surely means that you are in disagreement with something)?

XxThe football we played in the first half, against a team with one of the more miserly defences in the league, was irresistible. Perhaps it didn't come over that way on the radio, but we really were that good for a time. Wigan, to their credit, threw the kitchen sink at Derby in the second half, but we toughed it out thanks to a bit of luck and some resolute defending by Keogh, Bucko and a top goalkeeping display by Grant.

Middlesbrough are indeed the second-highest scorers in the Championship, but their defence is even leakier than ours is/was.

no eddie i don't disagree. I've always known what we are capable of. Just can't get my head round so many positive posts on here.

no eddie i don't disagree. I've always known what we are capable of. Just can't get my head round so many positive posts on here.

Have a quick look and a laugh at LTLF when you get a chance. The scum have had to resort to 'well, we took more to Wigan than you did' in order to score imaginary points. The funniest of all though is the cretin who thinks that if Forest don't get promoted this season, they ought to appoint McClaren as manager again.

Once stumbled across a shabbily dressed chap dismantling a shopping trolley at 9.30pm behind the Captain Cook Square shopping precinct in Middlesbrough town centre. He was sat on the floor quietly working away. We asked him if he was ok to which he replied "fook off, can't you see i'm busy".

strange place...

Get away with you and yer stories. You were just checking to see if they dismstle shopping trollies different up there than in Utch!

Got your number we do.

Get away with you and yer stories. You were just checking to see if they dismstle shopping trollies different up there than in Utch!

Got your number we do.

Looking for the occasional carelessly abandoned trolley with a £1 coin still embedded, no doubt.

If you come to Pride Park and try to play fluid, attacking football, we'll rip you apart.

The teams that do well against us are the ones who maintain a rigid formation that we struggle to break down. Burnley and Leicester were very good at this.

Prediction: classic 3-1 scoreline.

Archived