Jack Cork

DcFc Dyycheee

Hart, Walker, Jagielka, Gerrard, Townsend, Welbeck, Walcott, Ox etc. etc.

Welbeck, walcott and ox. Hardly striking fear into brazil and Spain is it!

Hart is having a nightmare lately, walker seems to be going backwards. Jagielka is a decent prem defender at best! Gerrard was an absolute legend, well past his best now though.

Townsend shoots everytime he gets the ball, needs to use other options more.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hart, Walker, Jagielka, Gerrard, Townsend, Welbeck, Walcott, Ox etc. etc.

Hart has been awful for 18 months

Walker not much different to Johnson, good bombimg forward, average as a defender

Jagielka probably better than Jones/Smalling but as equally suspect as Cahill

Gerrard I did mention but even he has never really shone on the big stage against good teams, a few Hollywood passes paper over a lot of cracks

Townsend I will agree is a breath of fresh air and is probably the only exciting player we have

Walcott would be good if we were in a 100m race, no end product

Ox I like but has not done anything over a sustained period of time yet

I was probably wrong when I said there wasn't anyone who could make a major difference but I watched the match on Friday and thought even with some of our better players out there we would have lost because we could not handle the style of their game.

Against Montenegro and Poland we played quick, exciting, attacking football which is the style that suits us best. As soon as we go and try to be all continental and playing ball retention we will get caught out 9 times out of 10 because we are not good enough to play that way.

Hart - Premier League winner

Glen Johnson - Premier League winner 

Gary Cahill - Champions League and Europa league winner

Phil Jones - Premier League winner

Ashley Cole - Champions League / Premier League / Europa League...etc winner

Jack Wilshere - PFA team of the year

Frank Lampard - *see Cole

Steven Gerrard - Champions League winner

Michael Carrick - Champions League winner / Premier League winner

Daniel Sturridge - Premier League / Champions League / FA cup...etc winner

Wayne Rooney - Premier League / Champions League...etc winner

You'll struggle to find another national side that's proven so much over the years.. we're not Brazil, Argentina or Germany.. but jesus - we're better than flaming Southampton.

Hart - Premier League winner

Glen Johnson - Premier League winner 

Gary Cahill - Champions League and Europa league winner

Phil Jones - Premier League winner

Ashley Cole - Champions League / Premier League / Europa League...etc winner

Jack Wilshere - PFA team of the year

Frank Lampard - *see Cole

Steven Gerrard - Champions League winner

Michael Carrick - Champions League winner / Premier League winner

Daniel Sturridge - Premier League / Champions League / FA cup...etc winner

Wayne Rooney - Premier League / Champions League...etc winner

You'll struggle to find another national side that's proven so much over the years.. we're not Brazil, Argentina or Germany.. but jesus - we're better than flaming Southampton.

Thing is how many of those players have done anything on the international scene?

None really. The only time I remember Gerrard performing to his maximum on the big stage was the Champions League final. That cracking performance aside there's very little to remember. 

The problem England have is getting our good players to play at their maximum on a consistent basis. They can do it in the Prem for their clubs but they cannot adapt to the international scene. Look at Rooney, he's been a massive disappointment for England. None of the better players listed have got past the quarter finals in a major international tournament. 

And looking at a defence of Jones, Cole, Cahill and Johnson makes we worry about our World cup campaign. Sad fact is we are not good enough and haven't been since Euro 96. 

Anyway back on topic, Jack Cork? Yes, yes and yes again.

Thing is how many of those players have done anything on the international scene?

None really. The only time I remember Gerrard performing to his maximum on the big stage was the Champions League final. That cracking performance aside there's very little to remember. 

The problem England have is getting our good players to play at their maximum on a consistent basis. They can do it in the Prem for their clubs but they cannot adapt to the international scene. Look at Rooney, he's been a massive disappointment for England. None of the better players listed have got past the quarter finals in a major international tournament. 

And looking at a defence of Jones, Cole, Cahill and Johnson makes we worry about our World cup campaign. Sad fact is we are not good enough and haven't been since Euro 96. 

Anyway back on topic, Jack Cork? Yes, yes and yes again.

Could be said about loads of the top players though - 

Rooney for instance has a better goalscoring record at international level than Messi and Ronaldo.

Peter Crouch pisses on all of them of course  :lol:

Could be said about loads of the top players though - 

Rooney for instance has a better goalscoring record at international level than Messi and Ronaldo.

Peter Crouch pisses on all of them of course  :lol:

I'll give you Crouchie and maybe Ronaldo, however Messi has 37 goals in 83 apps vs Rooney's 38 goals in 87 apps (how many of those goals have come against San Marino)  ;)

It's also not solely goalscoring I very rarely see Rooney play as well in an England shirt as I do a Manure one. I don't tend to see that with Messi.

I'll give you Crouchie and maybe Ronaldo, however Messi has 37 goals in 83 apps vs Rooney's 38 goals in 87 apps (how many of those goals have come against San Marino)  ;)

It's also not solely goalscoring I very rarely see Rooney play as well in an England shirt as I do a Manure one. I don't tend to see that with Messi.

I've only watched Messi a handful of times for Argentina but he always seems to disappoint.

Ronaldo on the other hand, is constantly the best player on the park for Portugal

I think if Cork is a target it will be determined by three factors:

Cisse, Hughes and other sales

If Cisse turns out to be a class signing and we look firmly set to get to the top end of the league, he will be less inclined to buy another CM.

If Hughes goes then this will just blow everything out the water, however we should still have targets in mind if Hughes did go.

Finally if we are able to offload, Davies and Bailey. This would free up wages, although Bailey and Davies' wages will probably total that of Corks entire wage.

Billy Davies had done everything Billy Davies could do to beat this hen, you can't fault his work ethic, don't ever question Billy Davies's work ethic. But when Billy Davies is competing against hens of this calibre, with the top class budget for hen feed and chicken runs, Billy Davies work ethic can only get you so far. Billy Davies's chairman needs to decide, and make no mistake about it, whether we want this Billy Davies to compete at the top level and if we do, then Billy Davies will have to be provided with sufficient funds to enable Billy Davies to compete with hens of this quality.

Now suck Billy Davies off will you big nose, Billy Davies has got a bung to arrange with Billy Davies's cousin.

Archived