are mighty derby title contenders

B4ev6is

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are three teams out and away, with the season already a third of the way through. There's no particular reason to imagine two or three of them will see a loss of form. Presuming they don't, to make up the twelve point gap isn't a case of winning the next four games. It would actually need us to win the next twelve games in a row. That shows just how much ground we have to make up.

The current top three will likely all end up in the playoffs or promoted. Everyone down to Bolton is hoping for a playoff spot, so we're one of fourteen clubs going for three more spaces. We are in a good place, but have shown time and again we can be fragile. I'd put our chances of making the playoffs between 30-40%. It's great to feel there's a chance it may happen this season, but there's ground to make up and a lot of strong squads above us. Very much in our favour, is we can score goals. Against is that we often have to score three to win a game. We even had to score four just to draw against Ipswich.

I'm confident the coaching staff are working round the clock to shore up the goals conceded and, if they succeed, we have hope.

Its a step too far at the moment, I do think the top 6 is possible if we can continue playing like we did yesterday.

QPR, Burnley and Leicester are a level above us, but i think we are as good as Blackpool, Forest and Reading, and

certainly Watford and Leeds.

We still have Hendrick Couts  Barker and Whitbread to come back, so squad is gonna look better than ever shortly

we may even see more consistency due to the increase in competition!

Archived