are mighty derby title contenders

B4ev6is

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saying that I'd bite your hand off for it now!

I think we'll just miss out on the Play Offs. Tough year and we've dropped a couple of home points against Blackburn and Ipswich. We could have done more against Burnley, Leicester...

Doesn't seem to be the usual room for error this year

B4 - what is your evidence for suggesting we are better than Forest? A team who I above us in the league and just beat Leicester away convincingly?

2-0 might have looked convincing but that was anything but convincing.

Whats wrong with you lot we stand a chance for auto forest only 26 and were on 22 and a win were only a point behind them. And were top scores of the chamship so do not tell me title not up for graps.

B4, the last time I checked Forest are 5th and not in an automatic promotion place so your argument doesn't make sense.

If you're talking about pinching a play off spot many folks (including me) agree it's possible if we're there or thereabout around February, so there's no point to argue cus we're agreeing with you.  You're arguing with yourself.

I love your enthusiasm but you do go waaaaay over the top sometimes...

B4 - what is your evidence for suggesting we are better than Forest? A team who I above us in the league and just beat Leicester away convincingly?

and lost to Yeovil ?

It could be argued since we changed manager we have a better points per game average and if continued would finish above them.

we as steve pointed out; lack the C word, and no thats not boycies nickname at school but consistency.

Get that right and we will be promoted; simples really ;-)

Decided to have a look at this stage last season versus how things ended up. In order after 15 games, we have:

1 Palace 30 [finished 5th promoted via playoffs, 72pts]

2 Boro 29 [finished 16th dropped like a stone, 59pts]

3 Cardiff 28 [finished 1st promoted 87pts]

4 Hull 28 [finished 2nd promoted 79 pts]

5 Leicester 26 [finished 6th 68pts]

6 Blackburn 24 [finished 17th dropped like a stone, 58 pts]

7 Huddersfield 24 [finished 19th, dropped like a stone, 58 pts]

8 Brighton 23 [finished 4th 75 pts]

9 Derby 23 [finished 10th 61 pts]

10 Burnley 23 [finished 11th 61 pts]

16 Watford 20 [finished 3rd 77 pts]

The bad news is that the 3 promoted clubs were all in the top 4 at this stage last year. The good news is that 3 of the top 10 teams completely fell away (leaving the play-offs open). Palace struggled losing their manager, but stumbled over the finish line. Watford used the overseas loan rules to put on a spurt. For the second season in a row we sit 9th, though this time we're effectively 10th counting Wigan's game in hand. We should take heart from Brighton and Watford last season, whose record suggests we can still make a playoff place, but I fear fewer teams above us will have he calamitous drop in form that happened last campaign, backed up by last season being a record low by some margin to make the playoffs. It will be tougher this time.

TobyWanKenobi

Does anyone else have any stupid questions while we are at it??!?!?

The title will go to one of the top 3.

They have enough of a cushion that one of them will win it.

Maybe one will drop off and get caught by the play off contenders but not all 3.

Burnley or QPR for the title I think.

The title usually goes to the top 1.

Archived