are mighty derby title contenders

B4ev6is

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats wrong with you lot we stand a chance for auto forest only 26 and were on 22 and a win were only a point behind them. And were top scores of the chamship so do not tell me title not up for graps.

Don't let them get to you mate they won't be laughing when we're top. They just don't have the same DNA as us, Derby's in our DNA. together we (me and you) not them are DERBY

Whats wrong with you lot we stand a chance for auto forest only 26 and were on 22 and a win were only a point behind them. And were top scores of the chamship so do not tell me title not up for graps.

What have Forest got to do with anything? they are NOT top of the league.

My point is with a win 1point behind them and football league show tipping them for auto is a ******* joke derby better chance than they do.

a) why are you paying attention to what the FLS say?

b) how do you conclude that Derby have a better chance than Forest? They are above us.

On paper B4, the teams above us will look better placed to finish higher, and the football league show is neutral and not supporting a club. ( except Leicester )

So, many people on here want to think we can finish top, and would love it to happen. But the majority of people wouldn't dare say it as it would make them look silly if we fail to deliver the end product that this fine football we are playing at the moment is bringing.

We can all dream, if it happens B4 we will carry you down to Pride Park on our shoulders!

But Forest are not in the the automatic promotion places so that does not really prove anything.

We may be the top scorers but we have also conceded more goals than anyone else in the top half, even 3 of the bottom 4 have let in the same or less than us.

Football is not just about scoring goals.

Get the defence sorted and we may stand a chance of play offs or even automatic next season but a defence doesn't just sort itself overnight in my opinion.

Season - No. of losses by Champions -  " " Runners up - " " Playoff Winners

95/96 - 7 - 9 - 13

96/67 - 4 - 10 - 13

97/98 - 8 - 9 - 10

98/99 - 3 - 11 - 11

99/00 - 9 - 9 - 9

00/01 - 5 - 7 - 7

01/02 - 9 - 11 - 12

02/03 - 6 - 6 - 10

03/04 - 8 - 10 - 15

04/05 - 10 - 9 - 15

05/06 - 2 - 6 - 9

06/07 - 12 - 12 - 12

07/08 - 11 - 9 - 13

08/09 - 10 - 9 - 12

09/10 - 4 - 7 - 14

10/11 - 6 - 8 - 14

11/12 - 11 - 10 - 8

12/13 - 9 - 15 - 12

over 18 seasons, the averages (rounded off to nearest): - 7 - 9 - 12.

It's a strong league at the top this year, I don't think any team looking for automatic promotion can afford to lose even the average number of games. If QPR and Burnley manage to keep up the same level of performance all season they could be on course to only lose 3-4 games. Blackpool 6-7 Leicester/Reading/Forest 9-10.

For automatic promotion we'd have to go through the rest of the season losing only maybe 3/4 more games. Totally unrealistic, but we already knew that - I just thought the stats might be interesting.

I think wecan get promoted this season. Early signs are very good from the new coaching team and they are only a few games in. It feels very positive. So with more time, couple of additions or players coming back then its on alright. Nothing in this division to fear.

Oh how silly Im going to look next May... Oh well!

Archived