preparing for a defeat....

Mostyn6

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no, it's not to get us down at all. If anything, it's the opposite. I'm more positive as a Derby fan than I've been since 2001!! The point if there is one, was that there's no shame if we do lose, and it won't mean anything in the bigger picture as when totalling up the 70 points needed for a play-off place, you allow for X amount of defeats, this would be one of them. Next Saturday however... different story altogether...

Fair play sir I agree football is a ponts game and it's what let down clough in the end we played some really good football but didn't get enough points at all. Still haven't lost under Steve (my hero) but would have taken pressure off QPR if we'd have got thhree points against Brum. I'd always get the points and win than play good football that's just a bonus.

Fair play sir I agree football is a ponts game and it's what let down clough in the end we played some really good football but didn't get enough points at all. Still haven't lost under Steve (my hero) but would have taken pressure off QPR if we'd have got thhree points against Brum. I'd always get the points and win than play good football that's just a bonus.

I think the idea is to win playing good football. I am not sure how you would win a game and then play good football. What do you even mean by good football? In my book it is simply retaining possession, not giving the ball away stupidly or without thought for your team-mates, good movement, if you do lose the ball make every effort to get it back and play with a reasonably high tempo where possible. That should get a few points in any league (so long as you throw in a shot or two as well) :).

Right, see where your coming from now. You are worried that people will treat Steve like you did Nigel.

I think you'll find that people who you presumably class as Clough lovers will tend to support the new management team when they deserve it and moan occasionally when they don't. 

Much like they did with the old regime.

You see the hatred and bile you had for Clough and think others will have that for Steve. You're wrong, most fans will be behind the management team if they believe they are working for the best interests of DCFC.

I can't begin to like this post enough. Absolutely nailed this thread and several other recent ones.

You've got what you want Mostyn et al, stop the snidey comments at NC and posters who defended him against the vitriol.  

I can't begin to like this post enough. Absolutely nailed this thread and several other recent ones.

You've got what you want Mostyn et al, stop the snidey comments at NC and posters who defended him against the vitriol.  

stop stalking me.

Ah your usual retort when your agenda has been revealed.  

why must there be an agenda? I'm just a bloke with some opinions, same as you? What's your agenda? I don't think you have one other than to voice your opinion.

It was a quiet day, nothing happening on the forum, I was sitting back in my chair thinking "I reckon we might lose on Saturday, QPR are a good side. I wonder how some people will feel about it! I wonder if some people also think we could lose... I know, I'll knock up a quick post about it.."

The fact that you're a bully who victimises people cos they don't fall in line with your opinion or your idea of what people should think, doesn't mean I'm the one with an agenda. 

Leave me alone. Block my posts. Thankyou.

why must there be an agenda? I'm just a bloke with some opinions, same as you? What's your agenda? I don't think you have one other than to voice your opinion.

It was a quiet day, nothing happening on the forum, I was sitting back in my chair thinking "I reckon we might lose on Saturday, QPR are a good side. I wonder how some people will feel about it! I wonder if some people also think we could lose... I know, I'll knock up a quick post about it.."

The fact that you're a bully who victimises people cos they don't fall in line with your opinion or your idea of what people should think, doesn't mean I'm the one with an agenda.

Leave me alone. Block my posts. Thankyou.

What other forums did u post on before here?

The idea of a must win game in football is ridiculous. Not just talking about the QPR game but all games in general.

IF we were to miss out on the playoffs by 2 points, would we point to not beating Birmingham at home last week? 

Or could it not be the loss at Forest/Draw against Ipswich/ ANY OTHER GAME WE DROP POINTS. 

Even if we were sitting 3rd one point behind 2nd and the final fixture of the season was us versus them it would not be a must win game. You could and should point to the many other games during the season that points were dropped. To put such emphasis on one match is madness. 

Back to the original post though...I can see us getting something there. It suits us playing stronger opposition as it falls on them to try and win the game (thus creating space that teams who come to PP, and set up 2 organised banks of four, do not offer) and whether we like it or not our most effective goals have come from swift counter attacks.

It’s been a quiet day so far and I’ve been sitting back in my chair thinking “I reckon we might win today”.

Although QPR are a good side, we should not be preparing for a defeat. According to Sam, the board have invested enough money in the squad and the target is top 6 this season. On here it’s been said that all we needed was a manager with an attacking attitude, a can do spirit, and some rudimentary knowledge of tactics.

What can possibly go wrong?

I will be sitting in a pub in Stockholm watching England v Australia at Rugby Union.... Im the one with the headphones on listening to Derby on the brilliant DCFC mobile RamsPlayer FL app.

And they say blokes cant multi task huh!

I bet you we're drinking too!

You should go to Talang Sverige...

Archived