preparing for a defeat....

Mostyn6

Is the point of this thread, nobody can criticise McClaren even if we get absolutely pummeled because they're far superior and as long as they try which apparantly some games we don't try it's all good? Anyone remember Cardiff away last season? They were more dominant last season than Qpr have been this, so far.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their record is pretty impressive but if you break it down it all points to us going there expecting to beat them.

They've won 5 games 1-0. They haven't scored more than 2 in a match all season.

We've scored 3 goals in 3 of our 7 away games and we're averaging better than two a game. The only side to stop us scoring away from home so far is Forest.

In their 6 home games they've played they've scored 8 goals..

In the 7 away games we've played we've scored 16.

How can we be expecting to lose this?

We aren't expecting to lose this . Simmo said at the open training session at Pride Park today they are looking forward to the game. We are going for a win no problem. Rams players looked fantastic in training today really sharp.

Is the point of this thread, nobody can criticise McClaren even if we get absolutely pummeled because they're far superior and as long as they try which apparantly some games we don't try it's all good? Anyone remember Cardiff away last season? They were more dominant last season than Qpr have been this, so far.

I suppose that's what I'm asking. Will people turn up on here should we lose, slating the decision to change manager and saying it's season over?

What the hell this is football did you expect Yeovil to beat Forest or WBA to beat Man U. If you could predict football results the bookies would be out of business

What a bizarre thread..

Anyway, any draw in the NPC is 2 points lost.. So we should be doing our utmost to win the game..

The NPC is full of bang average clubs who play average football.. You can see when one team is clearly outclassed in the PL and then comes down and finds themselves winning games quite comfortably..

QPR are average. We can quite easily win, or quite easily lose 3-0 because we're pretty average too..

As long as we go for it, I don't care.. attitudes of being happy with a point or pulling everyone back and clinging onto a 0-0 or 1-1 and celebrating like we've won the league is shameful at this level.

If we lose.. well then we need to win the next game..

Although it's only October, it will be tough to make the top 6 anyway.. We need to be consistant which we're clearly not.. We're never far away from going on a non-winning streak of 4 or 5 games.. That can't happen if you want to be in the top 6

What a bizarre thread..

Anyway, any draw in the NPC is 2 points lost.. So we should be doing our utmost to win the game..

The NPC is full of bang average clubs who play average football.. You can see when one team is clearly outclassed in the PL and then comes down and finds themselves winning games quite comfortably..

QPR are average. We can quite easily win, or quite easily lose 3-0 because we're pretty average too..

As long as we go for it, I don't care.. attitudes of being happy with a point or pulling everyone back and clinging onto a 0-0 or 1-1 and celebrating like we've won the league is shameful at this level.

If we lose.. well then we need to win the next game..

Although it's only October, it will be tough to make the top 6 anyway.. We need to be consistant which we're clearly not.. We're never far away from going on a non-winning streak of 4 or 5 games.. That can't happen if you want to be in the top 6

I think we will finish top 6 and I'm not a betting man.

Their record is pretty impressive but if you break it down it all points to us going there expecting to beat them.

They've won 5 games 1-0. They haven't scored more than 2 in a match all season.

We've scored 3 goals in 3 of our 7 away games and we're averaging better than two a game. The only side to stop us scoring away from home so far is Forest.

In their 6 home games they've played they've scored 8 goals..

In the 7 away games we've played we've scored 16.

How can we be expecting to lose this?

Stats are confusing as obviously we haven't played a side in the calibre of QPR.

I suppose that's what I'm asking. Will people turn up on here should we lose, slating the decision to change manager and saying it's season over?

Trust me they will be, just the same as the anti Clough brigade were smarting after the Leeds and Watford wins. Our league position at the end of the season will be the proof. I thought the decision was wrong but I'll be more than happy to be proved wrong.

Are you serious of course we can win this they ain't that great. We have every chance.

Please read what I write before you reply.

We absolutely can beat QPR but I'm merely stating that it's a little unrealistic for fans to suggest we should be winning it.

Please read what I write before you reply.

We absolutely can beat QPR but I'm merely stating that it's a little unrealistic for fans to suggest we should be winning it.

I thought you said who in their right mind thinks we should be winning this and I interpret that to mean we have no chance or at least should have no chance.

I think we have every chance of winning.

If I'm incorrect I apologize.

We'll have to agree to disagree Vulcan. i think this is a massive game. I don't think we won enough massive games over the last few years and to see real progress we've got to start sooner rather than later.

Watford was massive and we won it.

Birmingham was massive and we didn't.

If we win Saturday we're right back amongst it, even a point would be brilliant as the unbeaten form continues and the belief that McClaren is a miracle worker will continue to grow.

If we lose we're back to hanging on to the coat tails of the top 6. Best case scenario is a 4 point gap but for that to happen the gap to 5th is already massive and we're down to chasing one spot.

November or not November it's as much about mentality and belief as it is about league position. We had a great chance to close the gap and we blew it, we've got another chance to really tighten things up and to put some real pressure on Blackpool, Forest and Reading, 

The lads themselves believe they're good enough to be one of the top sides, top sides go away from home and don't lose.

I agree with them and think we're good enough to go away to QPR and win

Ok let's agree to disagree. Though if I was pedantic I might point to you saying this is a must win game then saying you'd be happy with a point. Luckily though I'm not a pedantic person.

I'm definitely with you on the last bit, we shouldn't have anything to fear going there. First and foremost I would expect a positive approach and trying to win the game. If they do that, then I'll accept whatever comes our way.

We'll have to agree to disagree Vulcan. i think this is a massive game. I don't think we won enough massive games over the last few years and to see real progress we've got to start sooner rather than later.

Watford was massive and we won it.

Birmingham was massive and we didn't.

If we win Saturday we're right back amongst it, even a point would be brilliant as the unbeaten form continues and the belief that McClaren is a miracle worker will continue to grow.

If we lose we're back to hanging on to the coat tails of the top 6. Best case scenario is a 4 point gap but for that to happen the gap to 5th is already massive and we're down to chasing one spot.

November or not November it's as much about mentality and belief as it is about league position. We had a great chance to close the gap and we blew it, we've got another chance to really tighten things up and to put some real pressure on Blackpool, Forest and Reading, 

The lads themselves believe they're good enough to be one of the top sides, top sides go away from home and don't lose.

I agree with them and think we're good enough to go away to QPR and win

There are no massive games (except for Leeds or Forest, but thats from sentiment). Every game in this league, no matter the opposition is worth 3 points. Or I suppose you could say every game is a massive game. Still, no one game is bigger than another. We should be going into every game trying to win it.

I don't really think the league table matters at this point. It only matters at the end of the season. You are only looking at other teams results when looking at the table. I don't particularly care how many points off the play-offs we are now, as long as we accumulate enough throughout the season to get in there. We just need to concentrate on the old cliche, take one game at a time.

As for the game. I agree with both viewpoints. QPR are easy favourites to win this, but with our record, they will be worried and we could win. If we play well and lose then so be it. There will be weeks we play poorly and win.

Right, see where your coming from now. You are worried that people will treat Steve like you did Nigel.

I think you'll find that people who you presumably class as Clough lovers will tend to support the new management team when they deserve it and moan occasionally when they don't. 

Much like they did with the old regime.

You see the hatred and bile you had for Clough and think others will have that for Steve. You're wrong, most fans will be behind the management team if they believe they are working for the best interests of DCFC.

Ok let's agree to disagree. Though if I was pedantic I might point to you saying this is a must win game then saying you'd be happy with a point. Luckily though I'm not a pedantic person.

I'm definitely with you on the last bit, we shouldn't have anything to fear going there. First and foremost I would expect a positive approach and trying to win the game. If they do that, then I'll accept whatever comes our way.

The bit you bolded the first time you quoted me on this thread Vulcan.

It's a must win game (or at least it's a don't lose game).

I WON'T be happy with a point but I won't be gutted.

I'm getting dragged into a slightly longer "debate" than I expected making that comment that we shouldn't go into a any game expecting a loss, the reactions afterwards should depend on the opponent, losing to QPR if ANYONE goes mental then its harsh to say the least. BUt you could say the same for Reading for Leicester for Forest away and yet we all know what the OP's reactions were to losing those games. Certainly nothing in the build up a week before absolving the manager of any responsibility to go and win the game.

Let's just see where we are at 5pm, if we've lost the gap will look a lot bigger than it does now.

I'll say again, we've only lost 4 games at Loftus Road out of 20 played, 6 wins and 10 draws. We're outscoring them 2.2-1 their home v's our away form THIS SEASON.

They should be scared of us not the other way around.

Right, see where your coming from now. You are worried that people will treat Steve like you did Nigel.

I think you'll find that people who you presumably class as Clough lovers will tend to support the new management team when they deserve it and moan occasionally when they don't. 

Much like they did with the old regime.

You see the hatred and bile you had for Clough and think others will have that for Steve. You're wrong, most fans will be behind the management team if they believe they are working for the best interests of DCFC.

nice try...

Archived