preparing for a defeat....

Mostyn6

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

must admit, its a strange thread. Probably says more about mostyns state of mind than owt else :o

oh, dont you blooming start an'all. Just asking how people would react, and then answering how I would react, but in the same thread! Perhaps I should have asked the question and then responded separately with my answer to make it easier for some of you! :p

you're clearly not intelligent enough to appreciate the context of which my post is written. You seem to be the only one that this is lost on... oh well. Maybe your carer can explain it to you once she's removed the drool from the end of your head-wand!

Thread title: preparing for a defeat

One wouldn't be wrong for guessing the content of said thread might be that we should maybe prepare for a defeat.

Cut creating posts from your rear end young man.

must admit, its a strange thread. Probably says more about mostyns state of mind than owt else :o

I think it is a worthy thread from Mostyn. Because he is spot on about QPR, expensive squad, with players that would get into Prem sides. I'm amazed so many think we should be winning this. The players should always be going for a win, but QPR are the polar opposite, with a board willing to spend lots, and a team that has kept many clean sheets. A draw would be a great result.

I think it is a worthy thread from Mostyn. Because he is spot on about QPR, expensive squad, with players that would get into Prem sides. I'm amazed so many think we should be winning this. The players should always be going for a win, but QPR are the polar opposite, with a board willing to spend lots, and a team that has kept many clean sheets. A draw would be a great result.

Who in their right mind thinks we should be winning this?

I think they're being tongue in cheek or their hearts are clearly ruling their heads.

Who in their right mind thinks we should be winning this?

I think they're being tongue in cheek or their hearts are clearly ruling their heads.

So, answer the question then instead of criticising it.

How would you react to defeat?

So, answer the question then instead of criticising it.

How would you react to defeat?

With an expectant air.

I've no problem with defeats against stronger opposition.

I just wish that we had a level playing field and for that reason, football is becoming oh so tedious.

Interesting thread.

Looking at the game with my head, a Derby victory seems unlikely. QPR haven't shipped many goals this season and (prepare to be torn to shreds) I feel as though the majority of goals Derby have scored over the last few games have come from errors from the opposition. Hence, I can't see QPR with their vast experience and premiership quality making the same silly mistakes. On this basis, a loss wouldn't be a surprise and it shouldn't therefore bother me to much.

On the other hand, I love Derby County. Any goal that we concede hurts and any loss that we encounter feels like the end of the world for a few hours after final whistle.

For me, I'll be disappointed if we lose, but this might be one of those games where me feeling disappointed at full time will make no difference to how I feel before the Sheff Wed game next week, I'll be expecting a win again!

I wouldn't take too much fromthe final result it'll be the intent and how we play that will be the key factor.

Regardless I believe we're capable of beating them as anyone is, we should of done a lot better against Burnley at home.

If we lose I'd say looking from the start of the season we'd of expected to lose, onwards and upwards into the wendies at home.

A point would be bloody lavly.

QPR should and most likely will be crapping themselves. Whether they've got a top squad or not.

We've got the best away record in the division, we're scoring goals for fun away from home and we're worried about them?

It's a must win game (at least it's a don't lose game) if we want to stay in touch with the play offs. Saturday gone was two points dropped and an opportunity went begging to really close the gap on the top 6.

There's no point what so ever in getting close to the play offs then dropping points again. We've got to learn to stay unbeaten and so far so good for Steve on that front. He's unbeaten so far and I expect him to be reminding everyone of that.

I'm expecting a point at least. We've got to put in another passing performance like we can and they won't be able to live with us. It's a shame Russell is not fit but we've still got enough in midfield and upfront to beat anyone. As the Watford (in patches), Brighton, Yeovil, Millwall games have proven, on our day we can smash teams off the park.

They've got a tough game away to Wigan on Wednesday while we've got our feet up concentrating on training. Energy levels should be topped up and we should be itching to show we're not scared of anyone.

Should we really accept writing games off as losses before we even kick off? Since when was that alright?

It's nothing of the sort. We could easily lose this then win our next four and find ourselves in the top six. It's not even November yet. 

It's nothing of the sort. We could easily lose this then win our next four and find ourselves in the top six. It's not even November yet. 

We'll have to agree to disagree Vulcan. i think this is a massive game. I don't think we won enough massive games over the last few years and to see real progress we've got to start sooner rather than later.

Watford was massive and we won it.

Birmingham was massive and we didn't.

If we win Saturday we're right back amongst it, even a point would be brilliant as the unbeaten form continues and the belief that McClaren is a miracle worker will continue to grow.

If we lose we're back to hanging on to the coat tails of the top 6. Best case scenario is a 4 point gap but for that to happen the gap to 5th is already massive and we're down to chasing one spot.

November or not November it's as much about mentality and belief as it is about league position. We had a great chance to close the gap and we blew it, we've got another chance to really tighten things up and to put some real pressure on Blackpool, Forest and Reading, 

The lads themselves believe they're good enough to be one of the top sides, top sides go away from home and don't lose.

I agree with them and think we're good enough to go away to QPR and win

It's funny (not funny haha but funny strange) but QPR haven't really impressed me much this season, the couple of times I've seen them.

For all their 'expensive' players that the rest of the league should fear, their main success has been at the back, where they've been as tight as something really quite tight. Then again Hull got promotion last season on much the same basis and I am sure they will be there or thereabouts but I have been surprised at how average they've looked as a footballing side.

I have a good feeling about Saturday, I don't see them taking us apart and I think we'll be up for the game. If we can frustrate them and nick a goal in the first half I think we could then look to hit them on the break, which would leave them in two minds.

I think we'll come away with all 3 points.

Their record is pretty impressive but if you break it down it all points to us going there expecting to beat them.

They've won 5 games 1-0. They haven't scored more than 2 in a match all season.

We've scored 3 goals in 3 of our 7 away games and we're averaging better than two a game. The only side to stop us scoring away from home so far is Forest.

In their 6 home games they've played they've scored 8 goals..

In the 7 away games we've played we've scored 16.

How can we be expecting to lose this?

Archived