The gardeners have downed tools

Day

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, so you're picking me up on choice of words and semantics then, figures of speech?

No, it's not semantics its totally different meanings

Of you say you know something it means you have checked and know its correct

If you say you have been told something it means it may not be correct.

No, it's not semantics its totally different meanings

Of you say you know something it means you have checked and know its correct

If you say you have been told something it means it may not be correct.

<Bananas>

Being as though there is nothing topically being discussed, the conversation is based on hypothesis, and I clearly said "I pass on things I hear, from varying sources, some I imagine has been embelished, other stories will be total truth, but I don't need to be called a liar or whatever for sharing what I know." which mentioned 'embelishments' etc, you're obviously just having a dig at me for having a dig's sake!

1, Please 'remind me' of said scandalous gossip.

2, Self-appointed spokesman? Grow up ffs. It's been pretty clear that I speak for myself only, if other's agree, that's fine, if they don't, they're idiots, er... that's fine too!

Oh, and I'm very nice too. Nicer by far than the bloke who's just gone to Sheffield. I've never changed any of my employees names from Tomasz to "cu*t". I've never bullied anyone either!

What are you Implying ?

<Bananas>

Being as though there is nothing topically being discussed, the conversation is based on hypothesis, and I clearly said "I pass on things I hear, from varying sources, some I imagine has been embelished, other stories will be total truth, but I don't need to be called a liar or whatever for sharing what I know." which mentioned 'embelishments' etc, you're obviously just having a dig at me for having a dig's sake!

Nope I'm not. You like posting things you hear and passing them off as fact, but don't like it when pulled up on it.

Before hitting reply check what you have written.

Oh and that paragraph you have just quoted shows that you don't check your posts because it starts off saying things you hear and by the end they have become things you know. It soubd like you are a little confused.

Nope I'm not. You like posting things you hear and passing them off as fact, but don't like it when pulled up on it.

Before hitting reply check what you have written.

Oh and that paragraph you have just quoted shows that you don't check your posts because it starts off saying things you hear and by the end they have become things you know. It soubd like you are a little confused.

But I wasn't sharing anything so you're talking nonsense. You cannot pull me up for passing something off as fact when there's nothing being 'passed off'!!

But I wasn't sharing anything so you're talking nonsense. You cannot pull me up for passing something off as fact when there's nothing being 'passed off'!!

I'm not talking about that post - which was your way of explaining why you post so many stories that you hear.

I'm talking about your posts detailing all of the things you "know" about contracts etc.. Which are the things you are told and pass off as fact.

I'm not talking about that post - which was your way of explaining why you post so many stories that you hear.

I'm talking about your posts detailing all of the things you "know" about contracts etc.. Which are the things you are told and pass off as fact.

okay, well if I say "I was told" in the same sentence, or "I'm led to believe", then that would be a clue. If you can give me an example. As for the Savage contract, yeah, I'm pretty confident I 'know' that. ;)

Why is what Rush said necessarily "rubbish"? I don't think that comment by him was exactly controversial - I think most people would agree that picking his best 11 players first and foremost was exactly what Clough did.  Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.

He often seemed (to me) to be reluctant to make substitutions or dramatic changes, which kind of indicated that he was more concerned with having what he thought was his best 11 on the field.

He'll do the same at Sheff Utd, and good luck to him, I hope it works out and I hope he starts to feel better about what happened here soon.

Why is it rubbish?

1. Its totally inappropriate to be talking like that in an open forum.

2. Sam seems to presume that he knows more about football management than the previous manager.

3. It is obviously factually untrue to suggest that nigel clough did not consider systems and formation.

Everyone knows that i have been critical of NC & co but i would accept that they did try different systems and formations .e.g.

4411 with Commons playing in the hole

442 with wingers - commons and teale etc

4231 with bailey and savage in the holding roles, commons bueno and cywka all in attacking midfield roles.

442 with a diamond midfield of hughes, bryson and eustace playing deep, ward behind the strikers

433 with ward up front with martin and russell, etc

451 ete etc

Why is it rubbish?

1. Its totally inappropriate to be talking like that in an open forum.

2. Sam seems to presume that he knows more about football management than the previous manager.

3. It is obviously factually untrue to suggest that nigel clough did not consider systems and formation.

Everyone knows that i have been critical of NC & co but i would accept that they did try different systems and formations .e.g.

4411 with Commons playing in the hole

442 with wingers - commons and teale etc

4231 with bailey and savage in the holding roles, commons bueno and cywka all in attacking midfield roles.

442 with a diamond midfield of hughes, bryson and eustace playing deep, ward behind the strikers

433 with ward up front with martin and russell, etc

451 ete etc

Absolutely all of which were personnel driven.

Absolutely all of which were personnel driven.

Lol

Well a team sheet usually has names on it.

And its not a bad idea to find a system which suits the personnel.

Jayram

Good riddance - bunch of amateurs.

Why would you say that after 4+ years dedicated effort, which when analysed, has been very successful. It’s truly lost on me.

McClaren has inherited a fantastic infrastructure, some excellent players, a team growing in value and a team that would have made the play offs irrespective of his appointment.

How you can classify that development as amateurish is churlish and loses sight of the excellence that has been achieved.

It’s Cloughs team at the moment, lets hope that it’s kept together for the final push!

Archived