The gardeners have downed tools

Day

Rams confirm departures of coaching staff members.

Derby County can this afternoon confirm that Andy Garner, Gary Crosby, Johnny Metgod, Martin Taylor and Simon Clough have left their positions at the club, following a period of time on gardening leave.

The Club would like to take this opportunity to wish each individual the best in their future careers.

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derby-county-club-statement-221013-1130223.aspx#7zUV7FvQPyICb9HM.99

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sorry to see the lot of them go to be honest, I always thought it was one of Nigel's downfalls having that lot with him. (apart from JM, I should add)

to be fair, they managed to wing it for nearly five years.

I won't say which one, but at the forum last week, in a private chat, one of them told me that Pearson was told/advised when discussing appointing Nigel, by someone on the Burton board "appoint Nigel, but whatever you do, don't let him bring his backroom staff with him!"

I won't say which one, but at the forum last week, in a private chat, one of them told me that Pearson was told/advised when discussing appointing Nigel, by someone on the Burton board "appoint Nigel, but whatever you do, don't let him bring his backroom staff with him!"

Im betting it was the one who likes caravaning! Im sure it was. He likes to talk.

Probably meaning that take the manager if you have to but don't strip our coaching department bare. If I remember correctly, they didn't all come at once did they?

Metgod seemed like the only one with anything about him... but I still don't know if that amounted to much. I also know for a fact that Metgod is in Holland at the moment.

Did something happen between Nigel and Metgod? I doing a press 2+2 here but JM seemed to go from heavily involved to periphery and now not going with him.

Of course it could Metgod wanted less involvement and didn't want to go to Sheff Utd but that's boring.

Metgod seemed like the only one with anything about him... but I still don't know if that amounted to much. I also know for a fact that Metgod is in Holland at the moment.

His family have always remained in Rotterdam, that is where is family home is and they have just gone back and forth to visit each other. 

Archived