The gardeners have downed tools

Day

Leicester weren't impressed with us announcing Whitbread joining on the Sunday - dodgy dealings by rush perhaps.

I think they were mainly annoyed because Rush announced it on  Sunday evening and they weren't expecting to announce anything till the Monday (as they don't generally work/do business on a Sunday evening!)

This made them look foolish/out of touch – but I don't think Sam had much choice, it was crisis time, we'd sacked Nigel and we had to have something positive to say.

Even so – it would have been courteous for Derby to inform Leicester that we planned to announce it that night. They may well have tried for all we know. Pearson's displeasure was misguided I think

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember this?

Derby chief executive Sam Rush stated his side's interest in Keane when he said,"I think Michael Keane has more opportunity of coming to this club with Steve McClaren as head coach because of his relationship with Manchester United.

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/tom.wright/419669/derby-hoping-new-manager-steve-mcclaren-can-lure-manchester-united-s-michael-keane-on-loan

So where is he then Samuel?

Remember this?

Derby chief executive Sam Rush stated his side's interest in Keane when he said,"I think Michael Keane has more opportunity of coming to this club with Steve McClaren as head coach because of his relationship with Manchester United.

http://www.ftbpro.com/posts/tom.wright/419669/derby-hoping-new-manager-steve-mcclaren-can-lure-manchester-united-s-michael-keane-on-loan

So where is he then Samuel?

Decided Wisdom was a better option?

Does it really matter?

Wow

You're a proper charlie Curtains.

Instead of childish one word retorts why don't you have a go at explaining what part of my post makes you go wow?

Everyones talking about the defence being sorted when we're still conceding goals.

Let's get it sorted before we start celebrating the fact it's sorted shall we?

You're a proper charlie Curtains.

Instead of childish one word retorts why don't you have a go at explaining what part of my post makes you go wow?

Everyones talking about the defence being sorted when we're still conceding goals.

Let's get it sorted before we start celebrating the fact it's sorted shall we?

Cant be bothered with your point of view

I'll reserve judgement on Wisdom until I've seen him in action, but the defensive situation is becoming a little bizarre given that we now have two very young Premiership loanees (Smith and Wisdom), an injury-prone loanee (Whitbread), a young inexperienced right back (Freeman), a left back who isn't really a left back (Forsyth), one experienced centre-back who has under-performed this season (Keogh) and living legend Jake Buxton.

Can anyone honestly say that they can make a solid back four out of that lot which won't leak goals? I'm stumped.

Rush panicked after the criticism of fans then

I have noticed that he doesn't seem quite as assured when he starts replying to question in the pubs as he was in the summer.

I guess he realises now that ronnieronalde records his every word.

I'll reserve judgement on Wisdom until I've seen him in action, but the defensive situation is becoming a little bizarre given that we now have two very young Premiership loanees (Smith and Wisdom), an injury-prone loanee (Whitbread), a young inexperienced right back (Freeman), a left back who isn't really a left back (Forsyth), one experienced centre-back who has under-performed this season (Keogh) and living legend Jake Buxton.

Can anyone honestly say that they can make a solid back four out of that lot which won't leak goals? I'm stumped.

Give me enough sow's ears and I'll try to make a silk purse. Failing that, a rather tasty stir fry.

Give him a bit of time......say, 4 1/2 years?

I'm fine with that Curbs. There'll be no arguments from me if Steve McC is still here in 4 and a half years as I;d have to expect that means he's succeeded. It would also mean I was wrong again. Just as I was wrong about Clough being the right man to take us up. He didn't so I was wrong.

Again the point I'm making just goes totally over people's heads.

I should try to remember that this forum has representatives from all levels of intellect. I do forget that and don't dumb down my posts enough. Lol.

My point is more about people jumping the gun and lauding the fact that we've sorted the defence when we don't know yet.

We can give him marks for trying but we don't know for sure if he's cracked it until we actually DO START keeping clean sheets.

Except their family weren't tweeting good luck at derby messages to him and the DET weren't reporting he was due to sign on a Monday (which would have been two days after NC was sacked)

I think that was Larnell Cole's uncle, not Keane's family. Although I'm sure you'll find the tweet and prove me wrong.

Archived