The gardeners have downed tools

Day

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know where I can get my hedge trimmed?

I understand that they have been sharpening their Blades, so Brambles (or something) Lane is a decent place to start.

Nicely put. However, I think in this case, and in many other cases across society, the negative view is usually the one where you find the most extreme views and the most hate. The extreme view ends up dominating the debate when few people on that side hold that view.

For example, a debate on immigration in the uk end up been framed as neo-nazi view vs people who think immigration brings more benefits than negatives. The real discussion should be has immigration got more negatives than positives vs has immigration got more positives than negatives. That second debate sounds boring and won't sell papers so we are stuck with the first.

This forum fell into the same trap though. Maybe we get the media we deserve. Or maybe society isn't good at standing up to loud mouth bullies.

I agree to an extent although rather than it being the negative view that creates the extreme's I think it tends to be the opposing view to the current situation. It's hard to be radical in favour of the status quo. It's when people are against something that the extremists latch on, for many a reason.

Be interesting to see where the extreme views come from in the next few months.

In all of this I think we should all say well done to Nigel and his team for their first win. Good luck to them. Maybe we should now let them go, and move on to focus on what we now have. We'll all now look out for Sheff Utd results with a passing interest to see what's happening.

Good start Nigel, good luck (why I typed that I don't know, don't think he'll read it)

Archived