The gardeners have downed tools

Day

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first reaction Mostyn is that you're incredibly full of **** and you'll say and write anything to get a reaction.

But just in case

If Archie Gemmil or anyone connected to Archie read this. I love Scot Gemill to bits, alwasy did and always will, but Archie???

Archie how popular were you with the players at Forest when you were coach?  How well did you do at Rotherham when Brian got you the job? You were hated sunshine, hated.

That's what really pisses me off, even people who should show a bit of respect and loyalty are having cheap digs.

Mostyn you must really be a a special person that so many players and coaches talk so openly to you. I'd love to meet you to find out who you are and what you've done to deserve such respect from those inside football.

Fecking Archie Gemill, let me buy you a pint and we'll have a chat about it if you want Archie. Now I'm grown up you wouldn't be able to scare the **** out of me which was basically your only tactic.

As phil collins sang and it's quite apt as it about cowardice and betrayal.....

I was there and I saw what you did, saw it with my own two eyes....

Fair point I guess, except that Mostyn didn't post that and I did.

Rams confirm departures of coaching staff members.

Derby County can this afternoon confirm that Andy Garner, Gary Crosby, Johnny Metgod, Martin Taylor and Simon Clough have left their positions at the club, following a period of time on gardening leave.

The Club would like to take this opportunity to wish each individual the best in their future careers.

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derby-county-club-statement-221013-1130223.aspx#7zUV7FvQPyICb9HM.99

Good riddance - bunch of amateurs.

Right folks, had to do a little minor editing due to personal comments being made. Keep things civil and things will be great.

I dont know why this thread turned into an argument but lets all think before we type, and not get so wound up about people disagreeing with each other.

Some will say Clough and co were not good enough to take us up (I might even be one of them)

Others say he might have been given time with the current squad that most people agree is an improvement on last season

Others might say they are absolute rubbish coaches - despite managing to keep us in the championship for 4 seasons on a tight budget buying cast offs and unknowns

Lets just say some of us will never agree, and stick to discussing posts and not the people making the posts

Good news that NC and his staff have got fixed up.

They did a good if unspectacular job and got precious little thanks over the spell they were here and leave with my good wishes.

No point arguing about what Nige did for Derby folks. We need to move on.

He's picked a bad job imo because the team doesn't reflect the ambition. They are pretty garbage. They have Frankenstein's monster playing CB and Marlon King upfront who looks like he's had a lovely summer. He's about as pacey and Shaun Barker was 12 months ago.

Premier League in 5 years? Big ask. It'll take 1 and a half to get out of L1 at the first attempt.

I don't know if they've noticed but they have been a top team in L1 for sometime and not finished the job.

Lower end L1 is the perfect level for Nigel to work at - I imagine he will keep them up and I wish him well, but I just can't see him achieving what they expect in that timescale.

Lower end L1 is the perfect level for Nigel to work at - I imagine he will keep them up and I wish him well, but I just can't see him achieving what they expect in that timescale.

Just watched the press conference and the club guy was quite definite in not putting a time scale on when they wanted to achieve the success by. think the 5 years is paper or media talk.

Just watched the press conference and the club guy was quite definite in not putting a time scale on when they wanted to achieve the success by. think the 5 years is paper or media talk.

Was heartening to hear Clough said that he's not a miracle worker and the next step will be getting them out of the relegation zone then build on that basis, we'll see how many plaudits he gets when Utd finish mid table and Clough proclaims he's made a steady start building the team, the exit door beckons....

Was heartening to hear Clough said that he's not a miracle worker and the next step will be getting them out of the relegation zone then build on that basis, we'll see how many plaudits he gets when Utd finish mid table and Clough proclaims he's made a steady start building the team, the exit door beckons....

Their chairman spoke about admiring the derby model, cutting wages and integrating youth. Don't think they'll be in a hurry to push him out if he manages to do what they ask.

Their chairman spoke about admiring the derby model, cutting wages and integrating youth. Don't think they'll be in a hurry to push him out if he manages to do what they ask.

The two statements dont reconcile, they have a new money bags shareholder yet they are happy to wait for youth players to come through, they are quite happy for Clough to patiently build a team yet they have bulleted about 4 managers in the same number of years for not getting them out of Div. 1, the chairman speak with forked tongue, seriously think if Clough doesnt pull his socks up he'll be following them

The two statements dont reconcile, they have a new money bags shareholder yet they are happy to wait for youth players to come through, they are quite happy for Clough to patiently build a team yet they have bulleted about 4 managers in the same number of years for not getting them out of Div. 1, the chairman speak with forked tongue, seriously think if Clough doesnt pull his socks up he'll be following them

Their fans wont be as patient as we were especially as they are in league 1. I work with a lot of them and they are underwelmed at best. They want to build and get youth coming through which team doesnt but they also expect to get out of league 1 very soon

Their fans wont be as patient as we were especially as they are in league 1. I work with a lot of them and they are underwelmed at best. They want to build and get youth coming through which team doesnt but they also expect to get out of league 1 very soon

The number of managers shown the door recently speaks volumes about their ambitions, I just hope Clough is under no illusions about what a successful season is and makes sure he aligns his opinions with the chairman's pretty rapidly if he hasnt already done so

Archived