No NC comments on sacking? (split thread)

PrivateDerby

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's disgusting of Nigel to not make any statement at all. HE does not need to comment about his feelings towards Rush/Glick/Appleby/Pearson/GSE etc, but I think a "I would like to thank those fans who were extremely patient with me and my team, very supportive and appreciative of our efforts and wish the club all the very best" wouldn't go amiss.

Derby fans have been divided for a while about Clough (and his coaching staff), and some of those fans were incredibly loyal to Clough.

As a man of personal dignity and decent principles, I am very surprised that Clough has yet to acknowledge those of you that did support him.

Why should he? You of all people have put him in the "employee of a company" bracket and made comments about him being paid for his time, etc etc. The outpouring of emotion when he was sacked was too much for me, it was very over the top. So if I'm of that mindset and so are others then why is it disgusting for him not to comment? Why does he owe us anything? He was employed, did his job, got sacked, he doesn't have to and isn't expected to do anything for us.

FFS you've got your wish, he's gone, leave the bloke alone. "http://cursors3.totallyfreecursors.com/thumbnails/banghead" alt="banghead">

I'm pretty sure I didn't compose this thread.

I'm also pretty sure that I am entitled to contribute to this thread.

I'm also very sure that you can ignore my posts if they bother you so much.

I'm definitely sure that I couldn't care-less how you feel about my posts and as such won't allow you to tell me what to post.

Do one.

I think it's disgusting of Nigel to not make any statement at all. HE does not need to comment about his feelings towards Rush/Glick/Appleby/Pearson/GSE etc, but I think a "I would like to thank those fans who were extremely patient with me and my team, very supportive and appreciative of our efforts and wish the club all the very best" wouldn't go amiss.

Derby fans have been divided for a while about Clough (and his coaching staff), and some of those fans were incredibly loyal to Clough.

As a man of personal dignity and decent principles, I am very surprised that Clough has yet to acknowledge those of you that did support him.

He has.

Do one.

Why should he? You of all people have put him in the "employee of a company" bracket and made comments about him being paid for his time, etc etc. The outpouring of emotion when he was sacked was too much for me, it was very over the top. So if I'm of that mindset and so are others then why is it disgusting for him not to comment? Why does he owe us anything? He was employed, did his job, got sacked, he doesn't have to and isn't expected to do anything for us.

Simply, people put their feelings for him above their ability to apply logic. He's proven a lot of his supporters wrong and they still stood by him. There are many here who feel bad, particularly so soon after he lost his mother and would want to know he's okay. Many people put Nigel on a pedestal as a man of integrity and quality, yet he's now hiding.

Simply, people put their feelings for him above their ability to apply logic. He's proven a lot of his supporters wrong and they still stood by him. There are many here who feel bad, particularly so soon after he lost his mother and would want to know he's okay. Many people put Nigel on a pedestal as a man of integrity and quality, yet he's now hiding.

Hiding? Hiding from what? From saying thanks? Hiding?! Really? That's what you're going to throw at him? Hiding? Maybe the guy just wants a bit of time away from the media. Just because he's a football manager should he be forced to talk to the press when the masses demand it? He is a free man and can do whatever he wants. He's not hiding he's just not doing what you expect him to.

He's not the subject of any investigation or scandal where he should explain himself. Let the man do what he wants to do. He doesn't have to answer to us.

I'm pretty sure I didn't compose this thread.

I'm also pretty sure that I am entitled to contribute to this thread.

I'm also very sure that you can ignore my posts if they bother you so much.

I'm definitely sure that I couldn't care-less how you feel about my posts and as such won't allow you to tell me what to post.

Do one.

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to do one.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people find some of your posts repetitive and tiresome.

I'm pretty sure your thread jizzing yourself over McLaren after only two games was quite pathetic.

I'm pretty sure if you couldn't care less how I feel you wouldn't have responded to my post.

I'm pretty sure you'll respond to this.

You have a good day now.  :)

My final thought on the matter is that ironically FFP may be Clough's biggest ally in looking for a new job..

Clubs traditionally look for a manager that has a proven track record of getting promotion, whereas FFP may see more than a few clubs looking for a manager with a proven track record of not getting relegated whilst slashing budgets & shopping on the cheap

Best of luck NC

Sorry Mostyn, but that's just ridiculous - the fact that you claim to be 'disgusted' smacks of nothing more than crocodile tears. He owes you nothing - and as far as you being extremely patient - that might have lasted a month. I was patient, but that's in my nature, and I'm sure as hell not going to get impatient now.

Sorry Mostyn, but that's just ridiculous - the fact that you claim to be 'disgusted' smacks of nothing more than crocodile tears. He owes you nothing - and as far as you being extremely patient - that might have lasted a month. I was patient, but that's in my nature, and I'm sure as hell not going to get impatient now.

I never said he owes ME anything, if anything I owe him something. My stall was set regarding Clough for a long time. I didn't stick my neck out to defend him, except when defending Derby on the whole to outsiders. But people got all wound up defending him, and they deserve, in my opinion, some sort of recognition for doing so. He lasted a lot longer than he might've anywhere else.

Nice one Mostyn. Is this just you attention seeking again by coming out with more comments to stir a reaction from people? It does amuse me how you often slip a little caveat in there that is more positive because underneath it all, you just want to be liked. You are funny but sometimes instead of posting you should just have a nice glass of milk and lie down for a bit.

When and where?

ps, not arguing, just asking as I've not seen anything, but I have had a busy couple of weeks so have probably missed it.

Monday after the sacking. Just a brief statement thanking the fans in the DET.

I'll try and find a link

Monday after the sacking. Just a brief statement thanking the fans in the DET.

I'll try and find a link

Oh, I didnt see that either.

Not that I think the fans really deserve any special recognition. They did as much booing, jeering and moaning as he did losing and playing poorly.

Archived