No NC comments on sacking? (split thread)

PrivateDerby

Seriously, does anybody really care? He was decently rewarded financially  for his efforts as the manager here and I'm sure he will eventually get back into management somewhere, probably at L1/L2 level. He thanked the fans for their support in the immediate aftermath of the sacking and now he has gone. He strikes me as a dignified bloke who would hate to air any dirty laundry in public so why should we expect anything else from him?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice one Mostyn. Is this just you attention seeking again by coming out with more comments to stir a reaction from people? It does amuse me how you often slip a little caveat in there that is more positive because underneath it all, you just want to be liked. You are funny but sometimes instead of posting you should just have a nice glass of milk and lie down for a bit.

And the award for the most irritant poster of the year is already being awarded to....

Mostyn! :D well done sir.

Pretty sure you're both intelligent enough to find the 'Ignore User' button.

Not really sure why Nigel had to thank the fans.. For what?

Being supportive? Cheering on the lads?

I thought that was the idea... I thought that's what it means to be a supporter of DCFC. If we were supporting Nigel FC I might think differently but we don't owe him anything and he doesn't owe us anything..

He'll get another job somewhere.. So those that are really affected by the decision and wish to monitor Nigel's progress in the future they can do... The same with other likeable ex-employees of DCFC such as Stimac and Eranio, there is no harm in keeping an eye out for them and what they're upto..

Not really sure why Nigel had to thank the fans.. For what?

Being supportive? Cheering on the lads?

I thought that was the idea... I thought that's what it means to be a supporter of DCFC. If we were supporting Nigel FC I might think differently but we don't owe him anything and he doesn't owe us anything..

He'll get another job somewhere.. So those that are really affected by the decision and wish to monitor Nigel's progress in the future they can do... The same with other likeable ex-employees of DCFC such as Stimac, Eranio and Theo, there is no harm in keeping an eye out for them and what they're upto..

Corrected that for you.

Simply, people put their feelings for him above their ability to apply logic. He's proven a lot of his supporters wrong and they still stood by him. There are many here who feel bad, particularly so soon after he lost his mother and would want to know he's okay. Many people put Nigel on a pedestal as a man of integrity and quality, yet he's now hiding.

Why bring his mother into it?

He doesn't owe anybody anything, leave the man and his family alone, you owe him that much respect.

I think it's disgusting of Nigel to not make any statement at all. HE does not need to comment about his feelings towards Rush/Glick/Appleby/Pearson/GSE etc, but I think a "I would like to thank those fans who were extremely patient with me and my team, very supportive and appreciative of our efforts and wish the club all the very best" wouldn't go amiss.

Derby fans have been divided for a while about Clough (and his coaching staff), and some of those fans were incredibly loyal to Clough.

As a man of personal dignity and decent principles, I am very surprised that Clough has yet to acknowledge those of you that did support him.

Let it go Big Man. He's gone.

TobyWanKenobi

He slagged the players off enough after games, for me to think that he would happily slag the board off should they deserve it.

Archived