Player Ratings for today?

drgoodspeak

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Grant, Ward and Forsyth were below par...

Everyone seems to like Forsyth, but I thought he was poor, I dunno - he seemed to be turning a corner but after yesterday I thought he'd just done a full circle.

Could be wrong though, much like Freeman against Leicester - thought he was awful at the game, watched it back and he did okay. Even making very important challenges when asked. 

Martin my MOTM definitely, thought he was class. 

Grant - 5 it really was a poor error for the goal. Did come and punch some other crosses well though and made some good saves. Eric Steele get to work!

Smith - 6 really good going forward. We seemed to try and play through him a lot from goal kicks, similar to how we used Brayford. Very good going forward, not quite as good defensively though.

Keogh - 6 Average game, dealt well with the Leeds pressure in the first half. Still looks a bit shaky.

Whitbread - 7 I felt he had a good game. He's very good in the air and I think he's an improvement on Buxton.

Forsyth - 6 A bit better on the ball. A couple of good crosses and did his job at the back.

Eustace - 9 Did fade a bit in the second half but he was brilliant again. We've had tidy ball players in centre mid for a while now and its nice to have somebody that will go through a player and can win the ball.

Bryson - 7 Another good game, hes on fire at the moment and has really took a step up this season. Hardly put a pass wrong.

Hughes - 8 Great goal and another good game. Seems to be loving the freedom of the attacking midfield position hes been playing. Always looks a serious threat when he gets the ball between their midfield and defence.

Russell - 7 Took his goal really well and held the ball up well when he needed too. Does tend to lose his man when hes expected to track back on the right wing.

Martin - 9 Another great game, was involved in all 3 goals. His job is to get the ball to the midfielders and he couldnt be doing it much better. Wins abosultely everything below head height and does enough to put the centre backs off the aerial challenges for it to drop into midfield. Absolute bargain.

Ward - 7 A lot better but still isn't at his best. The formation definitely suits him and hopefully his form will pick up.

Mclaren -  Did everything right. Possibly a bit silly to bring Bennett on when he was likely to have to do a lot of defensive work.

The formation worked really well with either Russell and Ward pulling in with Martin when the ball was on the other side of the pitch. It allowing all of our attacking players to express themselves and it seems mad that we havent been set up in a similar way until now!

Thought Grant, Ward and Forsyth were below par...

Everyone seems to like Forsyth, but I thought he was poor, I dunno - he seemed to be turning a corner but after yesterday I thought he'd just done a full circle.

Could be wrong though, much like Freeman against Leicester - thought he was awful at the game, watched it back and he did okay. Even making very important challenges when asked. 

Martin my MOTM definitely, thought he was class. 

I thought Forsyth played well yesterday.

I still think Smith is a poor player. Whilst everyone was quite rightly criticising Grant for flapping at that cross, Green completely outjumped Smith to head it back across. He can't cope with wingers running at him, can't cross and hardly ever overlaps.

MOTM was the SE corner. quality all game and drowned out the leeds fans. every time they chirped up with their one and only song it got boo'd out the ground. "leeds is a sh'thole, thats why ur still here" after we scored the third was class.

some really good performances all round. martin, russell, hughes and bryson were all excellent. steady eddie eustace did his job well. whitbread looks good with keogh. for me forsyth seem a bit slow to know what he is going to do and takes a few seconds longer to make his mind up than anyone else. wardy drifted in and out, smith was ok but there were a couple of times first half where he could have bombed on into space but held back. lee grant looks like he has never caught a cross in his life and a few times ballsed up the communication with the defence leading to corners which we are still very nervy at.

all in all it looked positive but were we really that bad anyway? 

And jake played in midfield. One midfielder for another...

Could this be a genuine role for bucko moving forward? On the base of it sounds silly but he's got a decent technique and range of passing. Could do with learning the position and bit of work on mobility but maybe he could do a job if eustace cant play every game?

Archived