5 days in.....

nfb

I have to admit to being optimistic atm, this last 5 days have filled me with hope for my beloved Rams, from Steve's appointment to the now famous half time team talk, to beating the team i want to beat most today :D  and the results came with a slightly different approach, pressing higher up the pitch, sub timings, 'tweaks' etc, but in 5 days those 'tweaks' changed our fortunes, and our mood at PP,  on Tuesday the 2nd half's atmosphere was absolutely electric and awesome, and today the SE corner was described as 'bouncing' by Ramage..... and the attendance was 26,204 ! 

So after 5 days, the whole picture is for now,brighter.....

So we now go into the international break, time for Sx3 to really get to understand the boys they have, work on coaching, tactics,and maybe bring in a new face or two........ 

Personally, im excited for the future, we are 10th with 15 points,and as it looks the teams i expected to be in the top mix are there, but looking at the table we could (with a couple of aditions as S3 see fit) be there or there abouts come January.......

I also think the board, having made this appointment to take us to 'the next level' (their words), will be more favourable to backing  S3 with funds,especially in Jan,and i have to say, ive had a sneaky bet to finish top 6....... 

Fingers crossed, and onwards and upwards......

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to admit to being optimistic atm, this last 5 days have filled me with hope for my beloved Rams, from Steve's appointment to the now famous half time team talk, to beating the team i want to beat most today :D and the results came with a slightly different approach, pressing higher up the pitch, sub timings, 'tweaks' etc, but in 5 days those 'tweaks' changed our fortunes, and our mood at PP, on Tuesday the 2nd half's atmosphere was absolutely electric and awesome, and today the SE corner was described as 'bouncing' by Ramage..... and the attendance was 26,204 !

So after 5 days, the whole picture is for now,brighter.....

So we now go into the international break, time for Sx3 to really get to understand the boys they have, work on coaching, tactics,and maybe bring in a new face or two........

Personally, im excited for the future, we are 10th with 15 points,and as it looks the teams i expected to be in the top mix are there, but looking at the table we could (with a couple of aditions as S3 see fit) be there or there abouts come January.......

I also think the board, having made this appointment to take us to 'the next level' (their words), will be more favourable to backing S3 with funds,especially in Jan,and i have to say, ive had a sneaky bet to finish top 6.......

Fingers crossed, and onwards and upwards......

Sums up how I feel, looked solid and quick today!

I think the word for me at the moment is EXCITEMENT.

Felt it prior to the game - for the first time in a long while. We all felt it during the game. And if we're honest with each other, we haven't celebrated goes with so much passion as Tuesday and today for too long now. Then, to continue it, we were even singing on the way out. Can't remember when that last happened.

I think the word for me at the moment is EXCITEMENT.

Felt it prior to the game - for the first time in a long while. We all felt it during the game. And if we're honest with each other, we haven't celebrated goes with so much passion as Tuesday and today for too long now. Then, to continue it, we were even singing on the way out. Can't remember when that last happened.

+1 different feel in the pubs before hand and I really enjoyed today .It was great to see substitutions without changing the formation ,just one for one fresh legs .Simples.

What a week to be away on holiday, been keeping touch through the forum. I was sad to see Nigel go but I have felt increasing excitement as the week has gone on and today's three points have topped it off for me.

That said i'm not sure it has created any feelings of arousal though Ramexpat but a couple more wins from Shteve and i might get wood

This is why we needed a change to lift the whole club as it had gone stale. The players were allowed to play with real freedom and it showed. It's not just about tactics but mentality

dead right  - just a more upbeat tempo to our approach.

Fair play to all Rams fans today, brilliant atmosphere. The SS was rocking.

It was funny though, the dirty fans were getting increasingly irate and the more we laughed at them the madder they got, hahahaha.

What was that fan doing though making a run for the pitch? What a prat. About 6 stewards jumped on him and got him in a headlock, think he was a Derby fan cos he came from the SE corner.

Great game. Leeds had no answer.

As usual :-D

Love it, even the replies on here are all positive, when did we last feel this good, about the future ? Mc's quote above says all we have been wanting to hear, not that he doesnt understand , or we didnt get what we deserved, but that there are weaknesses,and strengths and lots to do....... Exciting !

Onwards and upwards

Was in a state of shock on saturday evening, however, I must admit that I am feeling more confident going into

games, and for the immediate future, I do believe that the Coaching will be better, which will be reflected in the

results being more consistent.

If so a top 6 finish might yet be possible.

Love it, even the replies on here are all positive, when did we last feel this good, about the future ? Mc's quote above says all we have been wanting to hear, not that he doesnt understand , or we didnt get what we deserved, but that there are weaknesses,and strengths and lots to do....... Exciting !

Onwards and upwards

He's been impressive in interviews. Admitting he's made mistakes etc... Been a while since hearing those kind of words from our manager.

We played the formation at home we should have been playing 2 months ago. 4-3-3 is the best formation with the players we have.

Correct mate...although 4-3-3 is really difficult to play, coach. It can go badly wrong if the coaches have not got it right. I guess Nige and co didnt fancy it or rate the players enough to carry 4-3-3 instruction out.

Archived