Buxtons got a problem

davenportram

I kept wondering why they scored 3 times from set pieces in the first half so second half I started watching our CBs

Almost every corner Buxtons starting position is 3 yards behind the man he's marking. (Ie their man is between him and the ball) always going to be hard to get to the ball from their when he gives their man a head start.

On one occasion I shouted Bucko get infront of him, he followed my advice and won the header.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First half last night, he was all over the place, didn't even jump to head the ball for their 2nd goal , he played much better second half though

He did second half.

I've just watched the highlights and both the goals where he lost his man he was trailing behind when they got to the ball. That's why he didn't jump because there was no point. He needs to get his starting position sorted or he will cist us more goals from set pieces

He did second half.

I've just watched the highlights and both the goals where he lost his man he was trailing behind when they got to the ball. That's why he didn't jump because there was no point. He needs to get his starting position sorted or he will cist us more goals from set pieces

Aye he was definately off the boil 1st half.  ;)

He did second half.

I don't think he'll get the chance TBH.

Sorry but I don't think Bucco had a good 2nd half either. Every set piece he let his man go and didn't care, I can't recall him winning one header but glad others can. There was some good play in the 2nd half from him although there were some clear 'errors' also.

In fairness Bucco is Clough's man and always will be. He looked lost without Clough and I'm sure he will be the first to re-join him when he gets another managerial job elsewhere.

Bucco will also be fully aware he has probably now lost his place to Zak which again will cheese him off.

Thanks for the memories Bucco.

I kept wondering why they scored 3 times from set pieces in the first half so second half I started watching our CBs

Almost every corner Buxtons starting position is 3 yards behind the man he's marking. (Ie their man is between him and the ball) always going to be hard to get to the ball from their when he gives their man a head start.

On one occasion I shouted Bucko get infront of him, he followed my advice and won the header.

I presume this is tongue in cheek.

He did have a really poor first half, but usually he's really strong in the air and I don't think McLaren will judge him on half a game.

Welcome to the club Mr McClaren

Our aerial problems have been evident for over a season. Every other team in the league seems to have defenders who can head the ball 30 yards or more. Our defenders, chiefly Keogh and Buxton, but also the full-backs, struggle to head the ball more than about ten yards. The timing and aggression just isn't there. Keogh is too skinny and nice and gets outmuscled. Buxton is too small and doesn't have the spring to compensate. This means pressure isn't cleared and we end up defending the second ball even on the few occasions we win it. 

Muscular forwards like Vokes, Ings and co have a field day against us. We need a good defensive coach, but we also need another centre half.

Keogh would be okay as a third centre back where he could step out in front of the others to do what he is best at, i.e. intercepting moves and playing it simple.

Just watched the second half, didn't bother with the first 45. It amazing what watching a game does to dust off some cobwebs.

Christ but that was some performance.

That should give the side a massive massive lift going into Leeds. Ipswich couldn't live with them. If that was down to a half time team talk, then credit goes to McClaren for that.

With one or two loan signings coming in and Jeff, Coutts, OB and maybe even Barks to come back in. It's looking pretty healthy.

I'd love to see them go on a massive run, starting Saturday. 

Don't care who is in charge, I want this set of players to realise how good they are when they play well. 

Just watched the second half, didn't bother with the first 45. It amazing what watching a game does to dust off some cobwebs.

That should give the side a massive massive lift going into Leeds. Ipswich couldn't live with them. If that was down to a half time team talk, then credit goes to McClaren for that.

With one or two loan signings coming in and Jeff, Coutts, OB and maybe even Barks to come back in. It's looking pretty healthy. you must be on drugs !!

Don't care who is in charge, I want this set of players to realise how good they are when they play well.

With one or two loan signings coming in and Jeff, Coutts, OB and maybe even Barks to come back in. It's looking pretty healthy.

You must be on drugs !!

Archived