Rush interview tonight

-JW-

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds to me like Sam Rush is playing football manager.

Is he going to make all the coaching appointments? I think he is playing a game which is more suitable to robots rather than people, how can you make a manager work with people who he isn't used to working with? It sounds like he is going to hire coach for coach, in each position - rather than bringing in a manager and allowing him to bring in his own staff.

But who knows, I suppose it works on the approach you prefer. My major hold up with Clough was how tight his scouting system were, which restricted us in a lot of ways. But, even then I was never sure about who put that structure there in the first place! 

He'll get on well with Mostyn then.

Let's not be blind to the fact that what Rush is doing here is trying to get us to NOT notice that every other interview he's done so far where he has backed Clough and told us everything is OK has been LIES.

Mark my words. This is a desperate roll of the dice by a man who has ZERO idea of how to achieve what it is he's being paid A LOT OF MONEY to achieve.

Let's not be blind to the fact that what Rush is doing here is trying to get us to NOT notice that every other interview he's done so far where he has backed Clough and told us everything is OK has been LIES.

Mark my words. This is a desperate roll of the dice by a man who has ZERO idea of how to achieve what it is he's being paid A LOT OF MONEY to achieve.

what did you want him to say?

"Oh, he's walking a bloody tight rope a tell yer!"

Falls in line with the rumours.

Nigel wanted to run the show. As a manager used to before this modern director ***** started.

Remember the search for a director before and it just went silent as rumours that Nigel wouldn't accept it were creeping out?

Now Rush, supposedly wanting to bring 3 players in that he identified, was again reminded that Nigel is manager.

Would it be slightly exaggerated to call this a power struggle? Probably? But certainly Nigel doesn't appear to have been open to interference or 'help'.

Now they'll do it without him.

Perhaps this could have been avoided if Nigel had of accepted a selected assistant and some influence on signings.

I respect Nigel for wanting to run the show. It's what his job is. But football is changing. Now he's out of work.

What a ***** ending.

Get the structure sorted quickly Sam. And don't make a mistake with the selection process. You will not get the same patience again. I don't see fans giving the new structure another 5 years.

In fact I'd rather give Nigel another 5 years than a DoF and a manager or two.

I'm a bit depressed. Need some wins to cheer me up don't you folks?

Wow, announce a loan signing and the club already have somebody lined up..disgusting behaviour

Sam rush may be good at some things but can and should never claim to know more about football than nigel clough.

So we want to get promoted quicker but what happens if mclaren doesnt do it this season? Do we sack him and become one of these typical clubs with zero stability

I will mclaren support but the shady behaviour of rush has made me very distrusting of the man

Archived