Rush interview tonight

-JW-

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer brown bread

As someone about to have a camera down into the intestines to confirm Coeliac disease, I'd like any bread that doesn't taste like Cardboard from October onwards. Bleh.

To anyone who doesn't know who Whitbread is, he's a decent centre half who'll easily cover Keogh's loss, signed from Norwich if memory serves along with another defender or two at the time and simply dropped down the pecking order.

As cover goes, he'll do.

Football has changed, coaches identify the players they want it's then down to the suits to thrash out a deal with agents clubs sponsors etc

Clough is a dinosaur from a bye gone era, you have to adapt or you become extinct

But that's exactly the system we had. Clough identified the players and then Glick/Rush sorted the deals out.  We're moving to a system where the manager has no say in who gets signed.

Pat Murphy @patmurphybbc 8m

@dcfcofficial @youtube Spoiler alert - any in house interviews done by football clubs r anodyne pap & usually insult 2 intelligence of fans

Pat Murphy @patmurphybbc 23m

@dcfcofficial @youtube Love 'exclusive' tag,it's only so because at this stage Mr Rush doesn't want to face independent journos #inhouse

Spot on.

Sounds to me like Sam Rush is playing football manager.

Is he going to make all the coaching appointments? I think he is playing a game which is more suitable to robots rather than people, how can you make a manager work with people who he isn't used to working with? It sounds like he is going to hire coach for coach, in each position - rather than bringing in a manager and allowing him to bring in his own staff.

But who knows, I suppose it works on the approach you prefer. My major hold up with Clough was how tight his scouting system were, which restricted us in a lot of ways. But, even then I was never sure about who put that structure there in the first place! 

Yep, those tweets are spot on re. in house interviews.

In terms of the Sporting Director role, it's something that Rush has been keen to install since he has been with us. He's noted the structure used by clubs like West Brom and wants to bring that here. It's fine by me. It's far more sustainable than the traditional approach and should stand us in good stead for the future.

Whilst Clough's sacking was harsh, in the long run, this will be more beneficial for the club.

It's two words for a start, football and relationships are hardly buzzwords are they?

Buzzword / phrase - you know exactly what I meant.

It's the context he uses the words in. He's created a term to define his philosophy. The fact that he has to go on to explain what exactly it means - because no one probably knows what he's on about unless he does - clearly points to them being buzzwords.

Couple of definitions from Urban Dictionary that seem rather appropriate:

Ambigous word (often hyphenated) that is repeated over and over to win support for a cause.

Or

These are trendy words and terms used by clueless corporate fatcats. 

Buzzword / phrase - you know exactly what I meant.

It's the context he uses the words in. He's created a term to define his philosophy. The fact that he has to go on to explain what exactly it means - because no one probably knows what he's on about unless he does - clearly points to them being buzzwords.

Couple of definitions from Urban Dictionary that seem rather appropriate:

Ambigous word (often hyphenated) that is repeated over and over to win support for a cause.

Or

These are trendy words and terms used by clueless corporate fatcats.

Cam you find something in the urban dictionary to describe any of cloughy spots match interviews when he sees one thing and nearly everyone else sees another?

Archived