New Manager?

Catch 23

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You really need to be looking at managers out of work. Talk of getting a new man in for Tuesday just won't happen if he's currently employed.

Few managers I would like but after compensation for Nigel and his team if they wait to be sacked, compensation to get a manager and offer a decent budget to get him to come, can you really see that happening?

You really need to be looking at managers out of work. Talk of getting a new man in for Tuesday just won't happen if he's currently employed.

Few managers I would like but after compensation for Nigel and his team if they wait to be sacked, compensation to get a manager and offer a decent budget to get him to come, can you really see that happening?

We'll get the money from the Will Hughes sale.

Gutted that he's gone.

I wouldn't want a Charlie big potatoes coming to us, I'd rather someone like Appleton.

He's made a positive impact on his last 3/4 jobs and was only sacked by Blackburn because they're clueless.

He plays 433 with passing football so he'd suit the team and he takes an interest in the academy too.

Plenty of rumours flying around, and the Bookies early favourite is McClaren. I know he had some success in Holland, but his record in England is pretty poor. His time at Forest was shocking, and he had money to spend there. I hope the Board can look past any sentiment of previous links to the club, and bring in a proven winner

Harry Redknapp wants Steve McClaren to stay at QPR for the rest of the season.

The former England boss joined Rangers’ coaching team on a short-term basis during the summer and has been instrumental in their fine start to the campaign.

And manager Redknapp would like McClaren to remain with the club for longer than initially planned and help them get promoted.

He said: “Hopefully Steve will stay with us this season, help us get where we want to go and then it’s up to him.

“He’s been excellent here. He’s done a great job and I’ve been delighted with him. He’s been a good signing for us.

“It’s been good to have him around and I think it’s been good for him as well to get back doing some coaching, which he loves and was so successful with.”

McClaren, who has been in charge at FC Twente, Wolfsburg and Nottingham Forest since leaving the England job, remains keen to re-enter management in the near future.

“I’m sure he will do that,” Redknapp added.

“I’m sure when the opportunity comes and the time is right he’ll do that.”

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/harry-wants-mcclaren-to-stay-for-the-season-757752-html

Archived