Coutts out for 5 months

HeyHudson

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much season over then

Funny, I thought that the signing of Eustace was a little unnecessary as we had lots of midfielders, now it looks as if it was a bit of a masterstroke

Does anyone know when Bailey is due back - surely this is his chance to force his way back onto the bench

Oh man alive.

I never thought I'd see the day when one of our own fans would be pleased a player was injured for 5 months.

It's not as if the lad has been a poor signing taking a wage for doing bugger all.

Meant it was an opportunity if we choose to take it not a negative. If we choose to make it a negative then Clough will harp on about for the next 4 months, if we choose to make it a postive we will better the player we have injured in the loan market. Up to the club to decide which path they choose. 

I may be alone, or certainly in the minority, but I think Coutts is vital to us when we play well.

His workrate is phenomenal and often understated, and in the same way people slate James Milner for England, players like Coutts are vital in making the rest of the team click.

It's no coincidence that whilst Coutts has moved from the right (or been dropped), the right back has looked decidedly shaky.

I am devastated by this news. Well, maybe not, because when this injury starts effecting the team, many fans won't notice what has caused it and may turn on Clough.

5 months for a dislocated knee cap is a bit long isn't it?!?

I've done my knee... admitted I'm not a highly tuned professional footballer. I was a addicted professional Sunday morning clogger and part time school boy/angry teenager.

5 months!

Always gives his all

Sorry not for me, regardless of people's opinions on Coutts I can't see anything good about this, the lads dislocated his knee cap and under going surgery.

All the best Paul and a speedy recovery.

Been there myself not nice, 5 months with professional physio. 5 years for me and I'm still not right.

Coutts seemed half the player when Brayford wasn't in the team, a typical example of two players really clicking and bringing out the best in each other.

What this bad injury news means though is that we've now completely lost the right flank of the team in comparison to last season (where the brayford/coutts partnership was one of the strengths) - so we face a complete rebuilding job. Neither Smith nor Freeman have impressed yet and unless Nigel discovers some balance to the midfield quickly (track record suggests he won't) then we face another season of hovering around mid table while we gradually (oh so gradually) "improve"

Archived