Johnny Russell

uttoxram75

Maybe Vaughan wanted to go back to Huddersfield after a settled loan spell? Maybe they offered more. 

What have you seen in Bennett that you've not in Russell ?

To be honest Bennett appears to be more direct & less light weight ...not to mention I like to see our youth players coming through, especially if the other player in competition with him doesnt appear to be that much better..

If the matter with Vaughn was money which I suspect it probably was, then I think the fact that the mega rich Huddersfield were able to out bid us typifies the attitude of the board towards signing quality..

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why then, having seen Todd. McFarland, Mark Wright and Igor, do i love Jake Buxton to bits?

Sometimes its about the player as a person. People who worship success only will not understand that.

I know you will Eddie........ ;)

Aye.

Was absolutely gutted when I discovered we weren't getting James Vaughn but yet another SPL lucky dip player...How the fook did Huddersfield end up with Vaughn & we end up with Russell (just my feelings on the matter)....so far I haven't seen anything from him that has convinced me he is the the forward we need to help us with a promotion push...Bennett over Russell for me..

There's also the fact that Vaughan seems unable to go more than 5 minutes without breaking something. There's no point spending £1m+ on a player if he's going to miss more games than he plays.

To be honest Bennett appears to be more direct & less light weight ...not to mention I like to see our youth players coming through, especially if the other player in competition with him doesnt appear to be that much better..

Bit harsh on Russell, if it wasn't for that penalty miss he's be averaging a goal every two games. That said, 4 in 10 isn't a bad start for a player in a tougher division, playing in a stuttering team.

Bennett has looked sharp and hungry, we'll never know if he'd have produced in the 10 games if he'd have been given them. We need to use him sparingly though, easy to burn such a young player out at this level. It's tough.

There's also the fact that Vaughan seems unable to go more than 5 minutes without breaking something. There's no point spending £1m+ on a player if he's going to miss more games than he plays.

O that old chestnut, yes he had injury issues in the past, but I thought that these had cleared up over the last couple of seasons...I can remember one player breaking something during this period though, think his initials are J R..Then his fan club keep saying he is still looking for fitness several months after he'd recovered from the break...

Bit harsh on Russell, if it wasn't for that penalty miss he's be averaging a goal every two games. That said, 4 in 10 isn't a bad start for a player in a tougher division, playing in a stuttering team.

Bennett has looked sharp and hungry, we'll never know if he'd have produced in the 10 games if he'd have been given them. We need to use him sparingly though, easy to burn such a young player out at this level. It's tough.

Understand, but his confidence seems to be very low. Sometimes a bit of time as a sub helps to get things back in perspective. Bennet is 17 and should get a run out in my opinion. Strong, direct, very quick, all of which we need urgently.

Please tell me people aren't going to start crucifying Russell already? Not Sammon all over again, give the guy a chance, he's only been here 5 minutes.

Not crucifying him at all. I think he'll be a good player for us, but to be fair, the game against passed him by completely and his head looked down. Maybe a spell out of the team could be good for him in the long run.

Not crucifying him at all. I think he'll be a good player for us, but to be fair, the game against passed him by completely and his head looked down. Maybe a spell out of the team could be good for him in the long run.

I refer to Needles and Sheeponacid................sound familiar?

I refer to Needles and Sheeponacid................sound familiar?

Refer to those who kept on insisting that Sammon would come good (some still do)...sound familiar...not saying by the way that he is a poor player, just not in the same league as Vaughn & no better than better, if not inferior to Bennett...

Archived