Bolton Wanderers v Derby County

mozza

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are joint bottom of the league after a shocking start and the pain of missing out on the play offs on the final day of last season.

Young Douglas will be under a little bit of pressure, maybe not from the board but certainly from the fans. I think he'll set them up with a view of not getting beat. He can't lose another home game this month.

We've got two ways of going at it, either we match them up and try to keep it tight, the longer it's 0-0 the more restless the fans will get.

Or we're confident and even a little bit arrogant that now's the time for us to be good enough to go to places like Bolton and bring back 3 points. To inflict our style of play onto them. Dare I say that Bolton have bullied us for the last few games we've played them. Are we ready now to out play them?

Looking at them on paper, I'd say we might struggle.

They can't have been expecting a start like they've had and it's got to be just a matter of time before quality signings like Spearing, Moritz and Baptiste start to gel with the other quality players already at the club. Looking through their squad it's amazingly strong for this level. Most teams would love to be able to call on Pratley, Wheater, Knight, Bogdan, Tierney, Eagles Chung-Yong and to be fair Beckford and David Ngog up front should be pretty formidable as well.

Eagles not being fit has obviously had a big say in results so far. I haven't checked if he started against Leeds but if he's fully fit, then they will be a stronger side.

I think the result depends on how they come at us, I'd hope they come out and try to outplay us, we're definitely suited to counter attack.

It worked at Brighton where we hadn't won in ages, it worked in the cup where we hand't won in ages, it worked at Yeovil and bloody hell if it didn't work really well at Milwall.

I'd settle for a dull 0-0 right now and after the deflating Burnley result I can't quite believe that I'm going to be confident/stupid enough to predict a professional and ruthless 2-0 away win.

Goal in each half. Keogh and Sammon (on for Martin after 60 ish)

Freedman Out??

Phew , got a prediction out of you , right at the death ..

great post tho .. ;)

Tough one to call. They cant keep losing, they've too much talent and i think freedman is a decent manager.

However, we should go into this full of confidence and if we can keep it tight, frustrate them with possession and take our chances we could be looking at another win on the road.

I'll go Bolton 1 - 3 Rams

Martin, ward and keogh with our goals

Archived