• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, curtains said:

Yes the American war against the British   

The revolution.

I am on about the ENGLAND bit .

It has a significance 

We kinda discovered the whole country, and they named a team after their winning of a war against the English. Wouldn't really sympathise with a team like that. 

14 minutes ago, Srg said:

We kinda discovered the whole country, and they named a team after their winning of a war against the English. Wouldn't really sympathise with a team like that. 

Doesn't seem to be many references about the Patriots bit of the name around. 

Might just be that the team are Patriotic to New England. 

Originally they were called The Boston Patriots .

Also affinity doesn't always directly refer to sympathy it often means close to for instance. 

Felt sorry for Atlanta Falcons as they came so close and they are a very good team and must be so disappointed.

The BBC is magnificent, having the entire match on iPlayer for a month. Tried to go the entire of yesterday without finding the result, stayed off here, didn't look at Twitter. All my efforts undone when I checked my emails.

Watched up to 28-12 in the 4th Q and couldn't go on knowing what happened. Near perfect 3/4, only to completely bottle it.

One gutted Falcons fan here.

13 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

The BBC is magnificent, having the entire match on iPlayer for a month. Tried to go the entire of yesterday without finding the result, stayed off here, didn't look at Twitter. All my efforts undone when I checked my emails.

Watched up to 28-12 in the 4th Q and couldn't go on knowing what happened. Near perfect 3/4, only to completely bottle it.

One gutted Falcons fan here.

Sincerely do feel for you, knowing how gutted I'd be in your position.

But as a Saints fan in the position I'm in, I'm grateful to the Falcons for losing the way they did. Even gave everyone a new adjective for heroic chokes.

3 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

If you'd have said Falcons would be in the Superbowl at the start of last season, I'd have laughed pretty hard.

As long as we replace Kyle Shanahan sensibly (Chip Kelly rumoured, no ta) at OC then I'd say there's a decent chance of getting there again.

Chip Kelly would be awful. One track college coach who half-succeeded at Eagles while his track caught people by surprise. 

Ive supported the NY Giants as long as I have supported the rams, both teams i started following in 1985 or 1986.
Seems crazy people deciding which team to follow now.

That falcons lost was only comparable to Milan losing to liverpool after a half time lead of 3-0, and the dortmund team which was 3-1 up at anfield and winning on away goals with 20odd mins to play. All 3 cases had fans sat there staring and wondering what the f*** just happened. Total daylight robbery.

Even derbys lose to qpr when they only had one shot on target was nothing compared to the falcons implosion.
Gotta to feel from them, dont think they can come back from this for a few years... oh and still hate the Patriots. They are the NFL version of manchester united under Fergie..... cant wait for bellichick and brady to just f*ck off and retire so we can have an even parity NFL again.

On 2/7/2017 at 17:52, jagerbob said:

Ive supported the NY Giants as long as I have supported the rams, both teams i started following in 1985 or 1986.
Seems crazy people deciding which team to follow now.

That falcons lost was only comparable to Milan losing to liverpool after a half time lead of 3-0, and the dortmund team which was 3-1 up at anfield and winning on away goals with 20odd mins to play. All 3 cases had fans sat there staring and wondering what the f*** just happened. Total daylight robbery.

Even derbys lose to qpr when they only had one shot on target was nothing compared to the falcons implosion.
Gotta to feel from them, dont think they can come back from this for a few years... oh and still hate the Patriots. They are the NFL version of manchester united under Fergie..... cant wait for bellichick and brady to just f*ck off and retire so we can have an even parity NFL again.

I'm hoping this doesn't happen, but losing Shanahan as OC is a blow.

The offense isn't a problem, and the defense has been improving all season. 

Decent draft, add a bit of experience and nous to both offense and defense will hopefully see the Falcons through for another tilt.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like we've lost Calais Campbell to the Jaguars and Tony Jefferson to the Ravens. Shame to see Calais go in particular, who's spent his entire career in the desert. Need to hold onto DJ Swearinger now, otherwise our secondary is suddenly completely depleted.

Started listening to the around the NFL podcast recently. Really regular uploading podcast that's great if you've still got the NFL bug post-season. Its full of writers instead of ex-pro's, so the talk is fairly fun and colloquial, it's not too technical that you have no idea what they're on about.

23 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Looks like we've lost Calais Campbell to the Jaguars and Tony Jefferson to the Ravens. Shame to see Calais go in particular, who's spent his entire career in the desert. Need to hold onto DJ Swearinger now, otherwise our secondary is suddenly completely depleted.

Started listening to the around the NFL podcast recently. Really regular uploading podcast that's great if you've still got the NFL bug post-season. Its full of writers instead of ex-pro's, so the talk is fairly fun and colloquial, it's not too technical that you have no idea what they're on about.

That Podcast is absolute greatest. Also recommend Move the Sticks and the PFF Podcast amongst others. Move The Sticks will be fantastic in the run up to the draft... ESPN First Draft will be good too as that ramps up over the next month.

Really happy with our free agency so far.

Tony Jefferson is a great pickup for us, and at just 25, it's rare to pick up someone for their prime via free agency. Pair him with Weddle and we've got a top 3 safety pairing. If Jimmy Smith can stay healthy at corner and if we can add another via the draft near the top to go along with Tavon Young in the slot, we're suddenly very saucy in the secondary.

Resigning Brandon Williams was amazing. Cost us a pretty penny but I love the guy. His attitude is fantastic and ive been sold on him since we drafted him and there was the video of him walking on his hands at 320pounds, which is just stupid.

Danny Woodhead will effectively replace Juice on 3rd downs, so can't complain with Juice getting that ridiculous 49ers contract.

We're linked with Mo Claiborne who would be a decent pick up for the right price. We still need a receiver, MLB, corner and edge rusher. So we need to fill this with cheap talent and via the draft.

On 10/03/2017 at 13:14, Srg said:

Tony Jefferson is a great pickup for us, and at just 25, it's rare to pick up someone for their prime via free agency. Pair him with Weddle and we've got a top 3 safety pairing. If Jimmy Smith can stay healthy at corner and if we can add another via the draft near the top to go along with Tavon Young in the slot, we're suddenly very saucy in the secondary

Jefferson is a great pickup. Outplayed Mathieu most of the season, your D has become a no fly zone all of a sudden.

Notice very few of the vet RB's have gone, surprised someone like Cleveland haven't pulled the trigger on a big name yet (AD, Charles) yet, but they seem to have some sense this year

13 hours ago, r4derby said:

Jefferson is a great pickup. Outplayed Mathieu most of the season, your D has become a no fly zone all of a sudden.

Notice very few of the vet RB's have gone, surprised someone like Cleveland haven't pulled the trigger on a big name yet (AD, Charles) yet, but they seem to have some sense this year

Charles been heavily linked to Seahawks, but I think people are just waiting for the market to die down for veteran running backs, and also see if any cuts arise. I'm surprised we jumped on Woodhead like we did.

Archived