Stupidist thing you've heard from a Derby fan

sage

Someone shouted "Bywater you're ****" when we had Frank Fielding playing.

In fairness, it was Frankie's debut :lol:

I had a Man Utd fan in the pub that was moaning and berating Nani, saying he hadn't done anything yet, I had to laugh, he was on the bench :lol: same guy on game 5 of the champions league thought England had 5 teams in the competition, Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool. Had to explain that Liverpool hadn't qualified. He had watched the other 4 games without realising. Stereotypical Utd fan.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me and Mr Tibbs has some absolute clowns behind us at Yeovil, looked like they were in their 30s - some of their comments were just embarrassing.

I burst out laughing at times, luckily they moved second half so I didn't have the constant drivel being spouted in my ear - there is another lad who used to sit near us at pride park (well still does) and he is only happy when his moaning, remember winning a game last minute once and he walked out shaking his head shouting 'Clough Out' and he used to be constant in his abuse for 'lone strikers' Hulse used to get a telling off. 

Best one for me though (although he did end up being right) was during our first season back in the championship, the bloke infront turned round to us.. 

'WHO'D YOU GET RID OF THEN' 

'don't know, why'

'I'D GET RID OF THEM ALL'

'What, even Commons and Hulse?' 

'Yeah, GET RID OF THEM ALL' 

4 years on.. we got rid of them all  :lol:

Are you Daveo in disguise ?

He is having fun and showing his love for DCFC nothing embarrassing about it at all.

Sav = legend

The embarrassing ones are the numb-nuts who still boo him before the game. It might have been mildly amusing for the first few games, months, years but now it's just ridiculous. Since Cloughie arrived and particularly this season, Savage has earned everyone's respect with his performances on the pitch, I believe he is a key part of our recent success. Seeing him in the dressing room before the Portsmouth game geeing all the players up was great (oh, hold on, it was probably just for the cameras benefit).

No-one disliked the arrogant git more than me before he came to us but he's one of ours now and has earned some respect, imo.

For me savage is a derby county legend!! I was not a big fan of his on the field BUT I have massive respect for the way he lives his life considering he was the pantomime villain!!

But for the scarf waving ( my mates scarf) he will always be a legend to me!! He proppa took the p1ss that night!! In forest own back yard!! That for me kills what Tyson did with the flag!!

God bless robbie savage!

Hi Paulo..

That was the final straw for me.. Could not bite my tongue anymore.

Still drop in have have a read from time to time.

Welcome to the board..

C'mon! Fill us all in. This ain't Derby Mad. Tell us what it was all about!

You think you can have a private joke? Not allowed. Says so in the scriptures.

Spill the gossip!

My favourite is "f'ing score" - tactical genius from a bloke sat behind me against Ipswich last year. As if the players were wondering what the object of a football match was.

When my Mrs has come to a game she has always been amused but the general abuse towards the team about how rubbish they are. This is quickly followed by the same people singing "super Derby, super Rams" - she cracks up every time

An "unnamed" friend of ours,describing in great detail,how lucky they had been,not to get filled in at West Ham,and what a great day out it was in London.

Talking to another friend a few days later,who explained he was sat next to him in pub in Derby,watching the game on the box!

When the DET forum closed I looked at some Derby sites and that one was my least preferred.

Too many high horses. Not much debate it's a bit quick on the insults. I know dcfcfdavecov from this forum. Quite like him. But when I do have a read I always see a lot of petty point scoring from a lot of posters.

Maybe I just don't get the humour? Maybe it looks like that on here to outsiders? Sometimes it does get a bit silly. Mostly though you get sensible debate and the odd rant. Once in while it's truly magical when somebody has their mind changed by a counter argument.

If that thread was on here I'd probably drop an opinion in like most people should and then leave the thread alone. There's no arguing with some people. That board seems to have a lot of folks on a lot of high horses.

And the arguments with Forest fans make me cringe!

On here it's mostly someone on a wind up. Gets hostile on there. Unless I'm missing the humour again?

Hi Paulo..That was the final straw for me.. Could not bite my tongue anymore.Still drop in have have a read from time to time.Welcome to the board..

Cheers

I have always read this board and just taken the plunge to sign up....good to see an old face ...so to speak

Archived