Stupidist thing you've heard from a Derby fan

sage

Incidentally, completely off topic (almost), I went on Wiki to read facts about Claude Davis so I could say something ridiculous, and I started looking at our records, and saw a guy called Jack Parry who scored 110 goals for us, and I read this from his page, and it tickled me so I thought I'd share:

Parry's wit made him a popular member of the dressing-room and once Ralph Hann was treating him in a match. Fearing concussion, Hann asked him where he was. "I'm at Wembley, we're beating Brazil 2-0 and I've scored both." Parry replied

Jack played 516/1 games for Derby and was usually the one who cracked the jokes and who gave new players an appropriate nickname, when Ray Swallow arrived from Arsenal Jack had already instructed all of the players to call him Bruce, after a couple of days Ray asked why they were calling him Bruce only to be told that we didn't see many swallows in Derby so we thought Bruce Blackbird was more appopriate.

Jacks brother Ray played for Bolton and England whilst younger brother Cyril played for Notts County, his other brother Glyn was on Derby's books and played for England Boys and he goes to all of the home games with me, a real Derby footballing family.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait... Would like to throw my hat in the ring for something stupid you can all have a laugh at...

We're all getting very down after the game on Saturday BUT:

• This time last season we were sitting on 5 points...

• From the corresponding fixtures last year (including Huddersfield away as the Yeovil game) we would be on 4 points by now...

Trying to cheer people up on an otherwise depressing Monday

When the DET forum closed I looked at some Derby sites and that one was my least preferred.

Too many high horses. Not much debate it's a bit quick on the insults. I know dcfcfdavecov from this forum. Quite like him. But when I do have a read I always see a lot of petty point scoring from a lot of posters.

Maybe I just don't get the humour? Maybe it looks like that on here to outsiders? Sometimes it does get a bit silly. Mostly though you get sensible debate and the odd rant. Once in while it's truly magical when somebody has their mind changed by a counter argument.

If that thread was on here I'd probably drop an opinion in like most people should and then leave the thread alone. There's no arguing with some people. That board seems to have a lot of folks on a lot of high horses.

And the arguments with Forest fans make me cringe!

On here it's mostly someone on a wind up. Gets hostile on there. Unless I'm missing the humour again?

Whilst every forum has its share of rant filled, one-eyed arguments and knee jerk reactions that place is like their safe haven, or a beacon in the night for people with aggressively stated, stuck in the mud viewpoints.

And then there's the delusions of grandeur, I believe they DO have a sense of humour - because it nearly made me piss myself when I read someone on there genuinely trying to stake a claim as the best DCFC forum, with 'important representatives from the club' reading it as their go-to for fan opinion, or something like that.

Hey, maybe it's true, god forbid if it is, but maybe so.

It's a horrible website technically (this here is the best in that regard, no question) which isn't their fault because it's on a crap network, but come on, don't try to claim greatness when you haven't got the tools!

Maybe I'm just being harsh (?), but that forum does piss me off.

The east stand sang “stand up if you hate Forest”

My mum who has seen Derby win the league stood up thinking everyone would……………

Someone couple of rows back then said “sit down you stupid old cow”

That’s one Derby fan to another, one being a old lady, I did tell me mum things have changed a lot since Baseball Ground!

-

The people we use to sit next in the west stand had the most powerful hatred for Rob Hulse the man couldn’t do anything right, they were constantly calling him lazy and saying he had a ***** touch and calling for him to be replaced by Chris Porter!!!

-

Gary teale scoring the winner against (I think) Bristol City someone shouting “Your still w@nk you w@nk b@astard” thought that was a nice touch! From that game as well someone shouting to Paul Hartley “You been in those bins again” made me giggle

The east stand sang “stand up if you hate Forest”

My mum who has seen Derby win the league stood up thinking everyone would……………

Someone couple of rows back then said “sit down you stupid old cow”

That’s one Derby fan to another, one being a old lady, I did tell me mum things have changed a lot since Baseball Ground!

-

The people we use to sit next in the west stand had the most powerful hatred for Rob Hulse the man couldn’t do anything right, they were constantly calling him lazy and saying he had a ***** touch and calling for him to be replaced by Chris Porter!!!

-

Gary teale scoring the winner against (I think) Bristol City someone shouting “Your still w@nk you w@nk b@astard” thought that was a nice touch! From that game as well someone shouting to Paul Hartley “You been in those bins again” made me giggle

You should of nailed the cnut mate. Message me on here and I'll come give you hand...

...if you're winning.

That tall lad in the SE called a woman a slag once. She turned around and marched up and asked the big bald geezer that sits up there who shouted it. He pointed him right out! Lol.

I loved it. All she did was stick up for Sammon while everyone was slating him.

I hate bullies. More than anything in the entire world I can't stand bullies. If the bald geezer hasn't have been so quick to point out who shouted it then I would.

This ginger lad behind me at the weekend screamed "take Keogh off, he's *****, get Barker on" at the weekend, he wasn't a kid haha

Probably just taking the piss, sounds like something I would have said.. 

1 knee'd Barker would have been as efficient as fully fit Keogh at times on saturday. 

You should of nailed the cnut mate. Message me on here and I'll come give you hand...

...if you're winning.

That tall lad in the SE called a woman a slag once. She turned around and marched up and asked the big bald geezer that sits up there who shouted it. He pointed him right out! Lol.

I loved it. All she did was stick up for Sammon while everyone was slating him.

I hate bullies. More than anything in the entire world I can't stand bullies. If the bald geezer hasn't have been so quick to point out who shouted it then I would.

Ha ha cheers pal, I was with me mum and Im a good boy round me mum, dont think the bloke knew I was with her probably thought she was with the old couple to her other side!!!

he knew I wasnt impressed at half time when me mum went to the little girls room at half time, he also left 10 - 15 min early, I told him I was kind of a big deal........

Archived