'Why has he changed it, why aren't we playing 442'

I told him we were playing 442

To top his earlier comment 'We'll never win with one up front' 

I walked away.

Surely they shouldn't be let out of the house

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do people really believe formations are that important? I hate 442 myself because I think it's a bit wooden. But it can still be as positive or as negative as you like.

People used to cry for 442 when Nige was playing 451 because they seemed to think the '2' would give us more chance of scoring. You could play with a '3' instead. If you can't get the ball, your passing is ***** and you defend like partial sighted pensioners it won't mean a thing.

Incidentally, completely off topic (almost), I went on Wiki to read facts about Claude Davis so I could say something ridiculous, and I started looking at our records, and saw a guy called Jack Parry who scored 110 goals for us, and I read this from his page, and it tickled me so I thought I'd share:

Parry's wit made him a popular member of the dressing-room and once Ralph Hann was treating him in a match. Fearing concussion, Hann asked him where he was. "I'm at Wembley, we're beating Brazil 2-0 and I've scored both." Parry replied

Do people really believe formations are that important? I hate 442 myself because I think it's a bit wooden. But it can still be as positive or as negative as you like.

People used to cry for 442 when Nige was playing 451 because they seemed to think the '2' would give us more chance of scoring. You could play with a '3' instead. If you can't get the ball, your passing is ***** and you defend like partial sighted pensioners it won't mean a thing.

Formations are important but people read to much into them. At the end of the what's the difference between 451, 433, 4411, 4231 and 4141? They're all the same formation essentially just with players playing different specific roles. You could even class 4231 and 4411 and even our very own 'diamond' formation as a variant of 442.

Yesterday however, when we played a wingerless diamond our fullbacks became exposed and were slaughtered.

At the end of the day managers should just try to play their way and react and alter tactics if you're failing to impose your style on the opposition.

Incidentally, completely off topic (almost), I went on Wiki to read facts about Claude Davis so I could say something ridiculous, and I started looking at our records, and saw a guy called Jack Parry who scored 110 goals for us, and I read this from his page, and it tickled me so I thought I'd share:

Parry's wit made him a popular member of the dressing-room and once Ralph Hann was treating him in a match. Fearing concussion, Hann asked him where he was. "I'm at Wembley, we're beating Brazil 2-0 and I've scored both." Parry replied

Even stranger than that, my Grandad was telling me at the game how he saw Jack Parry in Derby the other week… spooky.

At the game yesterday, an East Stander said to me

I walked away.

I had this as well! Man next to me moaned for a good ten minutes about why we hadn't played 442, I explained that we were playing 442. "we've only got one striker on though was his response" I then said that Michael Jacobs was playing up front. Which was met with "he's a winger though"!

Just told him to watch the f'in game at this point

A guy in front of me one game was shouting "You are playing too slow Derby" 30 secs later we took a quick throw in and lost the ball for him to shout "Slow it down Derby" well shall we speed it up or slow down? ****!!

A couple of delightful chaps had me in a bit of a rage a few seasons ago, we were playing Leicester away, I was working an evening shift so listened to 1st half at home before work left HT and we were losing 1-0 didn't listen to 2nd half as making my way to work and got to work to see the final score of 2-0 about half hour later these 2 chaps came in asking the score, they had been at the game but left at HT, told them it was 2-0, they then asked who to. I told them Leicester obviously as we were losing 1-0 at HT, they then asked if Savage played, I said that I wasn't sure if he came on, they asked why I didn't know, told them that I didn't catch the 2nd half as was travelling to work, to which they responded what sort of Derby fan are you if you don't know who was playing. Fooking *****. Had to walk away before I said something that my boss wouldn't have liked.

At the game yesterday, an East Stander said to me

I walked away.

Was it Boycie? :lol:

Archived