Retro Shirts

SinfinMark

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

Have you got a pic of all your shirts together @loweman2 would be excellent to see the full collection in one go.

And yes, I am well jealous.

Hi @Mick Harford, there is no such picture at present ? this due to the fact that there are around 150 of them, my Mrs thinks there are about 15 !! I just have to keep sending them off to the lock up ! I would be in big trouble if she saw them all !

It is something I would like to see myself though, I am currently working on a very special 1968/69/70 shirt at present to get it signed by as many of the team as possible, just had a visit from Peter Daniel who has kindly signed a lot of stuff and been to see me and my old man as part of my project of getting my dad to meet as many of his heroes as possible ! 

Thanks for the interest ?

• 2 months later...
On 17/01/2018 at 11:31, Mick Harford said:

Resurrecting an old post, as just seen this awesome thread.

The Red and black stripes was to be the original, word is that Bob Maxwell refused to have a red change shirt due to the Forest connections so Umbro produced it in grey for us instead but as the decision was made late on the red shorts and socks had to stay as (I think) the replicas had already had a sizeable production run whereas the shirt hadn't.

Kev Savage had the sample shirt, which was this.

cmorOKj.jpg

yXeP4HG.jpg

You can see it advertised in the bottom right of this pic

vMpsmwD.jpg

Some more pics of the red shirt enigma !

97A3E47F-A0FA-4541-BC50-DA633F8CC464.jpeg

1940A291-742F-43B6-859A-753812EE4DE6.jpeg

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Really think you need to have a chat with Derby museum about showing your collection, it’s utterly amazing and I’m so jealous! ?

Hopefully something will happen, I have been approached to make a book about the shirt history of derby county and they will use the shirts for images which sounds like a great idea, I just want to get them all out and have a look at them myself, I think there are around 150 player worn / issued and club shop bought, some with names and numbers and sleeve badges, many of them signed by the individual player or the squad, I imagine they would look quite impressive all set out on mannequins ! With various wigs and beards (ala derek hales).

its almost reached its end now, I wanted to collect the shirts in my lifetime, still a few early ones missing but not bad.

i just like to share them with you guys, I would love for some sort of museum at pride park, we will see what happens but thanks for the continued support and interest from yourself @philmycock and the rest of the guys. ?

2 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Hopefully something will happen, I have been approached to make a book about the shirt history of derby county and they will use the shirts for images which sounds like a great idea, I just want to get them all out and have a look at them myself, I think there are around 150 player worn / issued and club shop bought, some with names and numbers and sleeve badges, many of them signed by the individual player or the squad, I imagine they would look quite impressive all set out on mannequins ! With various wigs and beards (ala derek hales).

its almost reached its end now, I wanted to collect the shirts in my lifetime, still a few early ones missing but not bad.

i just like to share them with you guys, I would love for some sort of museum at pride park, we will see what happens but thanks for the continued support and interest from yourself @philmycock and the rest of the guys. ?

I think they should somehow incorporate the museum into the East Stand plaza, a bit like the Hard Rock Café concept but all Derby. Would be great to be surrounded by all that history while dining/drinking before or after the game. 

37 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Is there any particular shirt you’re missing from your collection??? Or do you have the lot???

I’m sure I had one of those, another that went missing. No longer got my collection anyway, I was going to camping in my old shirts as they would make a great one man tent, but I donated them to @Boycie, fit him perfectly apparently.

2 minutes ago, David said:

I’m sure I had one of those, another that went missing. No longer got my collection anyway, I was going to camping in my old shirts as they would make a great one man tent, but I donated them to @Boycie, fit him perfectly apparently.

They still smell of you

x

Archived