Retro Shirts

SinfinMark

9 hours ago, loweman2 said:

haha thanks, i actually ordered one last week from ebay just waiting for it to arrive, it was £30 and an L.

I was looking at the the sizes, the Bukta L is 42-44", this seasons Umbro large is 41-43", so im guessing it will be a bit bigger, just not sure on the fit (obviously modern shirts are much more fitted than the older ones). Hopefully it will be here this week and ill find out, if not ill be putting it back on ebay and looking for a medium.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Another rarity from 70s

DSCF6278.JPG

OK, here's a question for any of you that can remember the '70s kits. My first replica kit was this style, but in the home colours.Note the 'open' diamonds on the sleeve/shoulder trim. Now the photos of the match kits I can find online all seem to have 'closed' diamonds - see the pic below. Did the design change? Maybe the real and replica kits were slightly different? Any ideas?

s-l300.jpg

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

OK, here's a question for any of you that can remember the '70s kits. My first replica kit was this style, but in the home colours.Note the 'open' diamonds on the sleeve/shoulder trim. Now the photos of the match kits I can find online all seem to have 'closed' diamonds - see the pic below. Did the design change? Maybe the real and replica kits were slightly different? Any ideas?

s-l300.jpg

there were a lot of differences on the shirts in the 70s, basically it was the same shirt for 1975 76 77 and 78 but with differences on the diamonds, the 75 championship winning shirt was plain but with the big blue collars, like the charity shield shirt, as can be seen below this was also the case in the semi final in 1976 against Manchester united, then 76/77 season the filled in diamonds appeared and then 77/78 the open diamonds appeared, they also used a number of away kits over those years, red, blue and yellow not to mention the Argentina shirt !

75 charity shield shirt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dT0J_GFfMU

fa cup semi final april 1976 shirt

76/77 shirt

77/78 shirt

10219541fb0d27dc00117fb733631eda.jpg

Well my 93 bukta home shirt arrived yesterday. Unfortunately the large is a bit too big for me, not too bad across the chest but the sleeves are way too big. Its a shame as the shirt is absolutely mint. If anyone is interested in it let me know otherwise its going back on ebay, my hunt for one in medium continues

5 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

What a team ! Hard to believe it was 20 years ago !

IMG_0497.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

Now that's a keeper. Great shirt and some awesome names.

I scan eBay quite often to look what's selling and when you compare that bad boy to the team of 11/12 signed shirts people are trying to flog for £60 it's almost embarrassing! Who actually cares about or even remembers Paul Connolly and Dave Martin?! :lol:

Some top shirts there @loweman2

6 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Now that's a keeper. Great shirt and some awesome names.

I scan eBay quite often to look what's selling and when you compare that bad boy to the team of 11/12 signed shirts people are trying to flog for £60 it's almost embarrassing! Who actually cares about or even remembers Paul Connolly and Dave Martin?! :lol:

Some top shirts there @loweman2

Thanks @Mr Tibbs and I agree some of the tripe in the last 15 years is worthless, as for names this is my shirt of choice ! 

IMG_0002.JPG

Archived