Will Hughes August 2012 Rumours

ramexpat

Henderson £20m.

Yeah, yeah. He was established in a Premiership side. But he's also crap and Hughes is good.

£20m

Can you imagine Clough and co if a 20million pound bid came in for Hughes? I don't know how many ho bitches there are in Derby but they'd all be perched on Cloughs face by the end of that day.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as we can get enough £5 notes to paper over the earth I don't care.

You can't replace a Will Hughes with a Will Hughes, that's the paradox. You don't get a Will Hughes. Will Hughes moves to a different club and we don't have him anymore.

You replace a Will Hughes with a James Bailey and you've got a James Bailey.

Will Hughes is gone.

As long as we can get enough £5 notes to paper over the earth I don't care.

You can't replace a Will Hughes with a Will Hughes, that's the paradox. You don't get a Will Hughes. Will Hughes moves to a different club and we don't have him anymore.

You replace a Will Hughes with a James Bailey and you've got a James Bailey.

Will Hughes is gone.

Someone has been paying attention in class...

The £5 note is 135mm by 70mm meaning they have an area of 0.00945m² each. Now, we could discuss how we're going to paper the Earth in these notes so we get the 100% coverage, but bugger it, the difference in the answer will be effectively nothing. Instead we'll just figure out the number we'd need to have enough to cover the same surface area as the Earth. The surface area of the Earth (oceans included) is 510,072,000km², as such we would get 53,975,873,015,873,000 £5 notes or:

[size=18]£269,879,365,079,365,000[/size]

...or two hundred and sixty nine quadrillion eight hundred and seventy nine trillion three hundred and sixty five billion seventy nine million three hundred and sixty five thousand pounds.

...that's over 4000 times the World's combined GDP. Another way of thinking about it is its more than the combined wealth of 7,072,148 Bill Gates. So basically, think about a city the size of Hong Kong with each person being as rich as Bill Gates, even then they couldn't pay that fee if they spent every last bit of money they all had. Personally I'd be delighted with that kind of fee...

The £5 note is 135mm by 70mm meaning they have an area of 0.00945m² each. Now, we could discuss how we're going to paper the Earth in these notes so we get the 100% coverage, but bugger it, the difference in the answer will be effectively nothing. Instead we'll just figure out the number we'd need to have enough to cover the same surface area as the Earth. The surface area of the Earth (oceans included) is 510,072,000km², as such we would get 53,975,873,015,873,000 £5 notes or:

[size=1]£269,879,365,079,365,000[/size]

...or two hundred and sixty nine quadrillion eight hundred and seventy nine trillion three hundred and sixty five billion seventy nine million three hundred and sixty five thousand pounds.

...that's over 4000 times the World's combined GDP. Another way of thinking about it is its more than the combined wealth of 7,072,148 Bill Gates. So basically, think about a city the size of Hong Kong with each person being as rich as Bill Gates, even then they couldn't pay that fee if they spent every last bit of money they all had. Personally I'd be delighted with that kind of fee...

I'd accept that fee.

£269,879,365,079,365,000

...................and he's worth every penny............ 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

The £5 note is 135mm by 70mm meaning they have an area of 0.00945m&sup2; each. Now, we could discuss how we're going to paper the Earth in these notes so we get the 100% coverage, but bugger it, the difference in the answer will be effectively nothing. Instead we'll just figure out the number we'd need to have enough to cover the same surface area as the Earth. The surface area of the Earth (oceans included) is 510,072,000km&sup2;, as such we would get 53,975,873,015,873,000 £5 notes or:

Have you ever kissed a girl? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

The £5 note is 135mm by 70mm meaning they have an area of 0.00945m&sup2; each. Now, we could discuss how we're going to paper the Earth in these notes so we get the 100% coverage, but bugger it, the difference in the answer will be effectively nothing. Instead we'll just figure out the number we'd need to have enough to cover the same surface area as the Earth. The surface area of the Earth (oceans included) is 510,072,000km&sup2;, as such we would get 53,975,873,015,873,000 £5 notes or:

£269,879,365,079,365,000

http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/52/07399143d0c8f2300eb8daac0576d9aa/l

Walcott and the Ox were impact players, went past defenders and scored goals (or at least got into scoring positions regularly), thats why they went for such huge fees.

Hughes is a bit different. He's neat and intelligent in possession and links up well. Looks to have a real future in the game but as a team player not as a brilliant individual..

Talk of more than 3 or 4 million is a bit silly tbh. I can't see United, City, Arsenal or anyone else offering anything like that - certainly not up front.

Anyway, hope they all feck off for 3 years and let him learn his trade here at Derby.

Walcott and the Ox were impact players, went past defenders and scored goals (or at least got into scoring positions regularly), thats why they went for such huge fees.

Hughes is a bit different. He's neat and intelligent in possession and links up well. Looks to have a real future in the game but as a team player not as a brilliant individual..

Talk of more than 3 or 4 million is a bit silly tbh. I can't see United, City, Arsenal or anyone else offering anything like that - certainly not up front.

Anyway, hope they all feck off for 3 years and let him learn his trade here at Derby.

Is agree, Ox had a ratio of 1 in 4, Walcott 1 in 7, and you are always going to pay more for a winger/attacker than a midfielder, although I do disagree you can he more than £3/4 million for him. IMO he's as good as a prospect Henderson, but hasn't plate in the premiership, so I would value him at a solid £8 million.

Is agree, Ox had a ratio of 1 in 4, Walcott 1 in 7, and you are always going to pay more for a winger/attacker than a midfielder, although I do disagree you can he more than £3/4 million for him. IMO he's as good as a prospect Henderson, but hasn't plate in the premiership, so I would value him at a solid £8 million.

I really don't believe we will be offered more than £2m cash plus add ons atm. Maybe next summer if he starts to really blossom as a top player and take control of games.

What I think he's worth is immaterial really, i'm saying what I believe the top clubs would offer.

The £5 note is 135mm by 70mm meaning they have an area of 0.00945m&amp;sup2; each. Now, we could discuss how we're going to paper the Earth in these notes so we get the 100% coverage, but bugger it, the difference in the answer will be effectively nothing. Instead we'll just figure out the number we'd need to have enough to cover the same surface area as the Earth. The surface area of the Earth (oceans included) is 510,072,000km&amp;sup2;, as such we would get 53,975,873,015,873,000 £5 notes or:

Ah yes but have you considered the world isn't flat? I think you would have to multiply your result by atleast two if not three.

Ah yes but have you considered the world isn't flat? I think you would have to multiply your result by atleast two if not three.

Actually, considering the size of the cards to each the Earth is roughly flat. The fact the Earth is a sphere would have a difference, but less of one than the oblate nature of the planet or the fact that the surface isn't uniform. However, despite your apparent claim, the surface area is the correct one for the Earth and the above should be a very good approximation. Any differences caused by what was noted above would be minimal and lead to very little difference.

Archived