Will Hughes August 2012 Rumours

ramexpat

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not just Will Hughes. I would be very surprised if Bryson isn't on several Premier League clubs radar. In fact the whole midfield probably is. Coutts, Hendrick, Bryson and Hughes.

Really? Bryson? Premier League? He's a decent Championship Midfielder at best imo. Hendrick, he's young which will play in his favour but he wont be Prem class imo. Coutts - were Prem clubs interested in the summer? I don't think so. If you're being sarcastic then fair play... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Really? Bryson? Premier League? He's a decent Championship Midfielder at best imo. Hendrick, he's young which will play in his favour but he wont be Prem class imo. Coutts - were Prem clubs interested in the summer? I don't think so. If you're being sarcastic then fair play... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

How much did Liverpool spend on Joe Allen? Huge fan of Bryson, the manager is clearly a huge fan too.

How much did Liverpool spend on Joe Allen? Huge fan of Bryson, the manager is clearly a huge fan too.

£15m wasn't it? What's your point? Bryson and Allen are nothing alike. Clough being a huge fan of Bryson doesn't mean he's a Premier League quality player, do you think the same with Jake Buxton?

£15m wasn't it? What's your point? Bryson and Allen are nothing alike. Clough being a huge fan of Bryson doesn't mean he's a Premier League quality player, do you think the same with Jake Buxton?

One would argue that although Bryson is obviously an inferior player to Allen, there is not a £14 million difference between what we paid for Bryson and what they paid for Allen. Allen doesn't score many goals, and he doesn't really get many assists, his all round passing play is very good, as is his energy. They're both very similar players, both run around a lot, and both can pass a ball well (albeit Allen better than Bryaon) but Bryson makes up for that with the amount of goals he's scored. Allen's never worth £15 million in a month of Sundays, but if he was Bryson would have to be valued at £5 million. The difference is not significant.

One would argue that although Bryson is obviously an inferior player to Allen, there is not a £14 million difference between what we paid for Bryson and what they paid for Allen. Allen doesn't score many goals, and he doesn't really get many assists, his all round passing play is very good, as is his energy. They're both very similar players, both run around a lot, and both can pass a ball well (albeit Allen better than Bryaon) but Bryson makes up for that with the amount of goals he's scored. Allen's never worth £15 million in a month of Sundays, but if he was Bryson would have to be valued at £5 million. The difference is not significant.

I understand what you're getting at but in the time Allen has been a Premier League player he's looked the business. £15m is a debatable fee but Liverpool have bought him for the long haul (he's only 22) and are building a team around him or at least in his style of play.

You say Bryson makes up for his inferior passing as he scores the odd goal but that is at Championship level. Could he take to the Prem and score goals? For me it's a no. He's more engine than anything else and in the Prem most midfielders are machines anyway. If and when Bryson leaves Derby I can't see us getting more than £2m for him. He's found his level.

So not only have we got a young lad worth Billions/trillions, we now have a midfield that could grace the premiership, and is worth millions.

Looks like not only we going to be challenging for automatic promotion this season, we could be looking at winning the FA cup 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

So not only have we got a young lad worth Billions/trillions, we now have a midfield that could grace the premiership, and is worth millions.

Looks like not only we going to be challenging for automatic promotion this season, we could be looking at winning the FA cup 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Correction, he's worth at least two hundred and sixty nine quadrillion eight hundred and seventy nine trillion three hundred and sixty five billion seventy nine million three hundred and sixty five thousand pounds.

[size=4]Don't forget the Derbyshire Cup, Glapwell are strong favourites however I have a sneaky feeling if our American friend keeps scoring goals for fun in the under 21's we could well cause an upset.[/size]

You say Bryson makes up for his inferior passing as he scores the odd goal but that is at Championship level. Could he take to the Prem and score goals? For me it's a no. He's more engine than anything else and in the Prem most midfielders are machines anyway. If and when Bryson leaves Derby I can't see us getting more than £2m for him. He's found his level.

You won't really know if he can score goals in the premiership, until he actually plays in the premiership. Allen was massively overpriced, I don't think he's worth more than £8 million, but I agree that £2 million at the most, probably more like £1.5 million is a fair price for Bryson.

Why do certain people assume the ridiculous. This is what I said,

''I would be very surprised if Bryson isn't on several Premier League clubs radar. In fact the whole midfield probably is. Coutts, Hendrick, Bryson and Hughes.''

Their are 20 premier league clubs not just 4 or 5. The expression means these clubs are aware of these players and will be watching their progress in the next 6-12 months closely.

Exactly...and are people forgetting that a squad is made up of 25 players.

Archived