Will Hughes August 2012 Rumours

ramexpat

Attacking players are what win the match.So ovbiously they are more important.For example Van persie score 30+ goals last season.But Song assisted 4/5 of them and wasnt given any credit by non arsenal fans.

Another Example is that despite the quality of hughes.Mason Bennett will always be more valuable to us.Hughes is touted the next scholes and mason the next rooney which out of those two players is a match winner.Football is simply about winning matches and if a player like zaha has the quality to do it alone then of course they are more valuable.

My only worry here is we are either talking him up too much and he might actually flop.Everyone on here should watch the England u21 game.As they are englands best young talent Excluding those who have already stepped up wilshire,Ox etc.If he looks good there hes got a good future if he looks average he will be just a good champ player and could have peaked early.

By the sounds of it, you're the one that's talking them up.

The Scholes remark was made by some random journalist. There are many good up and coming young midfielders and that is all he is. A player with a bit of talent who at a young age is not looking out of place in the second tier of the English League. To suggest he might become one of the best midfielders of his generation is a little silly.

The Mason Bennett/Rooney remark is just crazy. Rooney had already established himself in the top tier of English football when he was the same age as Bennett is now. Bennett is hardly pulling up any trees playing at reserve team level and I would be surprised if his career came to too much. All he is showing is a bit of promise. Nothing more.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Will Hughes look like he's going to be a flop? There's a difference between players that promise much and either deliver or fail. Will Hughes is consistently good, he's held his own in the games we've played thus far and doesn't look to have let the pressure go to his head.

Unless he suffers a serious injury Will Hughes will go from strength to strength, he doesn't look arrogant either which can sometimes go against a player he just plays his game and looks to improve from one game to the next.

Whether or not he plays for the top sides in England and the national team remains to be seen but it doesn't mean he's flopped if he doesn't make it. I personally think he will, so good luck to the lad.

If Liverpool made a bid for him he would be gone at the drop of a hat, he's a big fan.

Dunna quite work like that. If any of the top Prem clubs came for him his parents and advisors/agent would explain to him what would be best for his career.

He'll be here till he's 20 at least because of Nigel Clough. He'll play for us in he Premiership..

By the sounds of it, you're the one that's talking them up.

The Scholes remark was made by some random journalist. There are many good up and coming young midfielders and that is all he is. A player with a bit of talent who at a young age is not looking out of place in the second tier of the English League. To suggest he might become one of the best midfielders of his generation is a little silly.

The Mason Bennett/Rooney remark is just crazy. Rooney had already established himself in the top tier of English football when he was the same age as Bennett is now. Bennett is hardly pulling up any trees playing at reserve team level and I would be surprised if his career came to too much. All he is showing is a bit of promise. Nothing more.

Do you know what touted means?

Im saying will hughes will be world class but not a matchwinner.

Clough and all the staff are trying to build the team around him as he general quality to play in the prem every week.Thats why we focus so much on the Academy as if you dont have the money to buy you produce.In a couple of years we should have a system like crewe's where apart from 1/2 every player in the u18s/academy has a value whether thats to play for our team or we can sell for fee.Currently we have been like the majority of english clubs where you produce 1/2 good players every year which means they are easier to be snapped up.But if you have a team of good players a lost of 1/2 players wont effect our team that much.If you live around the derby area you will have seen in the past year a rise in the youth football schemes such as futsal etc where Derby county have partnered up to take the players to their academy that have potential.To make this system work you have to have a big youth recruitment where you have a say on your area.We currently have teams like Forest,Leciester and Notts county taking players from derby where some of them are good prospects which derby should naturally get first.Forest never really used their academy and especially with their millions probally wont ever.Leciester the same.The facilities are great but the coaching has to be aswell.Alot of young talents in the league 1 and 2 want to come to derby because of Clough so we could have a bright future

To round it up.My point is if we manage to produce another will hughes.Selling him wont matter.

Do you know what touted means?

Im saying will hughes will be world class but not a matchwinner.

Clough and all the staff are trying to build the team around him as he general quality to play in the prem every week.Thats why we focus so much on the Academy as if you dont have the money to buy you produce.In a couple of years we should have a system like crewe's where apart from 1/2 every player in the u18s/academy has a value whether thats to play for our team or we can sell for fee.Currently we have been like the majority of english clubs where you produce 1/2 good players every year which means they are easier to be snapped up.But if you have a team of good players a lost of 1/2 players wont effect our team that much.If you live around the derby area you will have seen in the past year a rise in the youth football schemes such as futsal etc where Derby county have partnered up to take the players to their academy that have potential.To make this system work you have to have a big youth recruitment where you have a say on your area.We currently have teams like Forest,Leciester and Notts county taking players from derby where some of them are good prospects which derby should naturally get first.Forest never really used their academy and especially with their millions probally wont ever.Leciester the same.The facilities are great but the coaching has to be aswell.Alot of young talents in the league 1 and 2 want to come to derby because of Clough so we could have a bright future

To round it up.My point is if we manage to produce another will hughes.Selling him wont matter.

That is far from what they are doing, however, it is what they should be doing!

That is far from what they are doing, however, it is what they should be doing!

I think Clough is trying to avoid doing this, because it would make us too one dimensional, i.e. we'll put a big 'hard' tackler on Hughes, and this will stop Derby playing. The last thing we want to do is turn Hughes our 'team' and have the pressure on him, that he has to play well, otherwise we don't play well. A good team need 3 or 4 'big players,' in our current side we only have 2 (Hughes and Keogh), maybe Ward on his day but he's out injured.

I think Clough will soon start to play a 4-5-1 formation away from home, and maybe a 4-4-2 at home with Hughes and Bryson in the middle if Hendrick doesn't up his game.

If its on goals,work rate and strength tyson should be first choice to be the 1 up front in a 451 with sammon third choice.

We spend the first of the game saying hughes isnt involed we should bring him into the middle then then second half we do and we score.A natural wide man should be there Jacobs looks very good very skilful and excellent freekick and set piece taker somthing coutts isnt doing.It will be interesting to see when ward comes back what will happen Personally i agree with 451 and out best squad below

Fielding

Brayford Keogh O.Connor Roberts

Coutts hendrick Ward

Hughes Bryson

Sammon

Whats holding us back from being around 3rd now is Sammon he has everything Pace for a big guy strength.But no composure.The fans last summer were promised a decent striker to be bought in who could score goals but on rams player interview pre match with clough he said sammon is all about work rate we knew he wasnt prolific which adds to the point why pay such a hugh fee for a striker who cant score but does the midfields job.The best finisher we have at the club is ward yet hes a better winger.Callum Ball will be our best striker but is always looking overweight hopefully(Fingers crossed) he has learnt things but he could have done better here.

Cant wait for Hughesy to show up Zaha next week.

Zaha is just another Walcott, a typical English winger and epitomises why England are so ****, all pace and power, no guile or brain power.

Hughesy will fit into a Spain side of the future, nous, lots of touches, clever on the ball, the future Xavi.

Ok, slightly exaggerated, but looking forward to Saturday now.

If its on goals,work rate and strength tyson should be first choice to be the 1 up front in a 451 with sammon third choice.

We spend the first of the game saying hughes isnt involed we should bring him into the middle then then second half we do and we score.A natural wide man should be there Jacobs looks very good very skilful and excellent freekick and set piece taker somthing coutts isnt doing.It will be interesting to see when ward comes back what will happen Personally i agree with 451 and out best squad below

Fielding

Brayford Keogh O.Connor Roberts

Coutts hendrick Ward

Hughes Bryson

Sammon

Whats holding us back from being around 3rd now is Sammon he has everything Pace for a big guy strength.But no composure.The fans last summer were promised a decent striker to be bought in who could score goals but on rams player interview pre match with clough he said sammon is all about work rate we knew he wasnt prolific which adds to the point why pay such a hugh fee for a striker who cant score but does the midfields job.The best finisher we have at the club is ward yet hes a better winger.Callum Ball will be our best striker but is always looking overweight hopefully(Fingers crossed) he has learnt things but he could have done better here.

I'm sorry, but Callum Ball won't be our best striker. He's too slow, work rate isn't great, and for such a big guy is a poor target man, he's got a sweet left foot, but he's not pulling up any trees at Coventry, so why you think he'll step up a league and become our best striker i find somewhat bizarre.

I think Clough is trying to avoid doing this, because it would make us too one dimensional, i.e. we'll put a big 'hard' tackler on Hughes, and this will stop Derby playing. The last thing we want to do is turn Hughes our 'team' and have the pressure on him, that he has to play well, otherwise we don't play well. A good team need 3 or 4 'big players,' in our current side we only have 2 (Hughes and Keogh), maybe Ward on his day but he's out injured.

I think Clough will soon start to play a 4-5-1 formation away from home, and maybe a 4-4-2 at home with Hughes and Bryson in the middle if Hendrick doesn't up his game.

The last thing we should be wanting to do is put our best passer and most creative player out on the wing where he is pretty ineffecive.

With the players that we have in the squad, moving Hughes to his natural position should not make us too one dimensional.

We have a great attacking full back in Brayford, creative wingers in Coutts/Ward/Jacobs, and we have 2 different options in Sammon and Theo/Tyson.

The only thing that worries me is that a midfield 2 of Hughes and Bryson might be a little bit lightweight. However, I think we have carried Hendrick for large parts of the season so don't think it would make that much difference.

It is no coincidence that our better performances seem to come in the second half of matches when Hughes is often switched to play in the middle of the park.

I'm sorry, but Callum Ball won't be our best striker. He's too slow, work rate isn't great, and for such a big guy is a poor target man, he's got a sweet left foot, but he's not pulling up any trees at Coventry, so why you think he'll step up a league and become our best striker i find somewhat bizarre.

Hes only 19 The great target men always peak at their late 20's.The stats show the best partnership last season was him and theo.

Cant wait for Hughesy to show up Zaha next week.

Zaha is just another Walcott, a typical English winger and epitomises why England are so ****, all pace and power, no guile or brain power.

Hughesy will fit into a Spain side of the future, nous, lots of touches, clever on the ball, the future Xavi.

Ok, slightly exaggerated, but looking forward to Saturday now.

But harsh on zaha he is a skilful player with a load of tricks. he plays nothing like Walcott who is just shear pace. Have you actually seen him?

But harsh on zaha he is a skilful player with a load of tricks. he plays nothing like Walcott who is just shear pace. Have you actually seen him?

Ye i no, he is decent, he's getting over hyped though.

Last year when i saw him he gave the ball away a lot, was trying to do too much every time he got the ball, but i only saw him in a few games that were on tv.

Obviously improved this year based on what i've read.

Ye i no, he is decent, he's getting over hyped though.

Last year when i saw him he gave the ball away a lot, was trying to do too much every time he got the ball, but i only saw him in a few games that were on tv.

Obviously improved this year based on what i've read.

Like Giles Barnes, lots of ability but not enough brains to use it properly...

If zaha had been wearing a derby shirt, the same posters would be saying how he was the next messi, is worth 58.7M and will score 40 goals next season in the PL.

I've not seen him enough yet to decide if he is going to be all that everyone makes out, but Ill trust hodson, drogba, holloway etc for now.

Archived