Will Hughes August 2012 Rumours

ramexpat

Wish fans wouldn't keep telling a 17 year old they reckon he's worth 10m after half a dozen first team games. I rate him as much as the next man but I want his feet planted....

That annoys me as well, it's more like 8.5 million.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right- I got 2 pages in and just had to hit the reply button.

Yes WIll Hughes does not look out of place in Championship after a handful of games...........and that is it.

5 million? Really? Do you really think that any club is on th everge of throwing five million pounds away on a kid who has looked ok at times? This amount of money is reserved for players who have actually accomplished something, or at least consistently played to high standard. I am not saying that I don;t rate the kid, and I am sure that his is generating interest but I very much doubt that the interest accumulates to 5 million. Give him a season and see where we are, to be talking of losing him to big money bids after a few games is ludicrous

I'm not sure of the stats shilts but fairly certain Walcott and oxlade Chamberlain hadn't played too much football bfore they went for massive transfer fees.

If your young and English it just seems to be that the going price is massively inflated!!

Not trying to wind you up as I agree with the principles of what your saying, I just think everyone wants to make sire we get those inflated prices for once!

Plus he's looked a bit better than OK.

He's looked head and shoulders above other players. I would not be surprised to see Premier League clubs in for him even at this stage and even for 5m. It's not often a 17 year old english lad comes around who can treat the ball the way he does.

I'm not sure of the stats shilts but fairly certain Walcott and oxlade Chamberlain hadn't played too much football bfore they went for massive transfer fees.

If your young and English it just seems to be that the going price is massively inflated!!

Not trying to wind you up as I agree with the principles of what your saying, I just think everyone wants to make sire we get those inflated prices for once!

I don't think he is in the same bracket as those two - Anyway, Derby like to turn big money down and let the players go for a few 100k when it becomes apparent that they aren't actually Messi in disguise.

They both basically had a season at Southampton...

• 3 weeks later...

NIGEL Clough is expecting interest from Premier League clubs in Derby County’s teenage midfield starlet Will Hughes.

The 17-year-old has played in all five Rams matches so far this season, catching the eye with his vision and passing ability.

Premier League giants Manchester United and Manchester City have both been linked with a swoop for the talented teen and Clough knows his prodigy is in the shop window.

“If he keeps playing (he will attract interest from the Premier League),” said the Rams boss. “There aren’t too many players like him at the moment with that good technique, touch and everything.

“To be composed like that in the hurly burly of a Championship game, he will attract attention.”

Hughes has been playing on the left recently, allowing Craig Bryson and Jeff Hendrick to resume their partnership in the centre of midfield.

All three, along with Paul Coutts on the right, have been highly impressive as Derby have performed well without getting the results their play has merited. - [url=http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/Sport/Derby-County-FC/Clough-expecting-big-boys-to-track-starlet-Hughes-14092012.htm]http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/Sport/Derby-County-FC/Clough-expecting-big-boys-to-track-starlet-Hughes-14092012.htm

Got to rate him around the £6-8 million mark. I wouldn't say he's as good as Alex Oxlaide-Chamberlain, but I'd rate him as highly as Henderson, and he went for what £20 million? Hughes only disadvantage is that he hasn't proven himself in the premiership, hence the reduction of price.

With Hughes coming on so strongly we may have a chance to see what the current regime are made of. As Hughes is arguably the best prospect since Huddlestone who we all know went for 27p and a half eaten Twix. Current prices for Solid English prospects taken into account we would have to be starting in excess of 8m with a bucket load of add on's.

"I don't think he is in the same bracket as those two"

to be fair I wouldnt be so sure...looking back now you can see the ox is very good but i bet even the southampton fans thought something similar at the time.

Its believable that big prem clubs are watching him develop and if he carries on who knows eh?

Got to rate him around the £6-8 million mark. I wouldn't say he's as good as Alex Oxlaide-Chamberlain, but I'd rate him as highly as Henderson, and he went for what £20 million? Hughes only disadvantage is that he hasn't proven himself in the premiership, hence the reduction of price.

You know that Oxlade-Chamberlain's entire career worth of experience was 36 League One appearances by the point that he went to Arsenal for of the order of £12 mil right?

Archived