Will Hughes August 2012 Rumours

ramexpat

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know, it's shocking isn't it?

Almost as bad as listening to Panda Bear...

It takes some musical knowledge to understand those lyrics. It's not like he's world reknowned, so not only are you poor at quoting you also diss your own musical tastes.

For the record, the new Animal Collective album is absolutely shocking. Will Hughes would not be impressed.

It takes some musical knowledge to understand those lyrics. It's not like he's world reknowned, so not only are you poor at quoting you also diss your own musical tastes.

For the record, the new Animal Collective album is absolutely shocking. Will Hughes would not be impressed.

'Diss' my own music taste?

How so?

• 1 month later...

what i really want to know is.. why are we talking about hughes leaving and getting excited about how much we could get for him.. all though i do believe he will leave in the future, lets make the most of him while we can he's signed a new deal which shows that he is happy at the club and feels this is the best place for him to grow. So instead of us predicting how much he will go for lets enjoy watching one of the best english prospects we've had in a few years.

what i really want to know is.. why are we talking about hughes leaving and getting excited about how much we could get for him.. all though i do believe he will leave in the future, lets make the most of him while we can he's signed a new deal which shows that he is happy at the club and feels this is the best place for him to grow. So instead of us predicting how much he will go for lets enjoy watching one of the best english prospects we've had in a few years.

He'll not be here for long - he is too good for us, this is why people are talking about how much we're eventually going to get for him.

If someone came in with 10million in january - I would get rid, got Jacobs and Ward - if we were to get rid now it wouldn't massively screw us over and if it means big money that we can re-invest in the whole team I am all for it.

A good player at the minute, not one of the championships best though - one of the best young players in the championship mind and if we can get a good figure for him and like I said re-invest that into the team we will be stronger for it.

Why this assumption that he's too good for us?

At the moment he's playing at a level that suits him and us

If we get promoted he would get first team football in the prem

If he moved to another team in the prem he would get lost in someone elses reserves or sit on the bench.

Keep the ferret for a couple of years at least.

He'll not be here for long - he is too good for us, this is why people are talking about how much we're eventually going to get for him.

If someone came in with 10million in january - I would get rid, got Jacobs and Ward - if we were to get rid now it wouldn't massively screw us over and if it means big money that we can re-invest in the whole team I am all for it.

A good player at the minute, not one of the championships best though - one of the best young players in the championship mind and if we can get a good figure for him and like I said re-invest that into the team we will be stronger for it.

Wilfried Zaha at Palace is the hottest prospect by some distance in the Champ at the moment, turned 20 this week, has a season more than Hughesy, has set the Champ alight this season, and he's being talked about for a £10 million move in Jan, so I can't think we'd get anywhere near that for Hughes at the moment

Wilfried Zaha at Palace is the hottest prospect by some distance in the Champ at the moment, turned 20 this week, has a season more than Hughesy, has set the Champ alight this season, and he's being talked about for a £10 million move in Jan, so I can't think we'd get anywhere near that for Hughes at the moment

Hughes has far more to him than Zaha - who by all accounts is a player in the same mould as Theo- Hughes has an incredible intelligence for the game which is why he will go so far in the game (if he applies himself) you put both players in the top level and you'll see the vast difference, in the championship being quick and skilful can go along way, much like taarabt found it tough on the step up after being so unplayable at this level.

Hughes has far more to him than Zaha - who by all accounts is a player in the same mould as Theo- Hughes has an incredible intelligence for the game which is why he will go so far in the game (if he applies himself) you put both players in the top level and you'll see the vast difference, in the championship being quick and skilful can go along way, much like taarabt found it tough on the step up after being so unplayable at this level.

not sure I agree, but time will tell I guess....and comparing Zaha to Theo is not a fair comparison in any way. If only it was!

Zaha is touted as being better than Thomas Ince, who is currently being watched by Newcastle, Manchester United and his old side Liverpool.

Supposedly Zaha ran the entirety of the pitch to day to lay a goal on for Dikgacoi, no-one got near him (which could just be over-egged reporting, but he does that quite regularly, he messes with defenders for fun). Can Theo do that? I suspect not.

I remember Zaha was playing for Palace when we beat them 5-0 a couple of seasons back.

I thought at the time he would be worth a look as he was quality. Edgar Davids on the other hand...

Zaha has far more skill than Theo, I'm afraid... And right now, he's worth more to a team than Hughes is.

Attacking players are what win the match.So ovbiously they are more important.For example Van persie score 30+ goals last season.But Song assisted 4/5 of them and wasnt given any credit by non arsenal fans.

Another Example is that despite the quality of hughes.Mason Bennett will always be more valuable to us.Hughes is touted the next scholes and mason the next rooney which out of those two players is a match winner.Football is simply about winning matches and if a player like zaha has the quality to do it alone then of course they are more valuable.

My only worry here is we are either talking him up too much and he might actually flop.Everyone on here should watch the England u21 game.As they are englands best young talent Excluding those who have already stepped up wilshire,Ox etc.If he looks good there hes got a good future if he looks average he will be just a good champ player and could have peaked early.

Archived