Port Vale v Derby County

uttoxram75

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone has ripped the highlights from Ramsplayer and upped to youtube:

Thanks if you're reading!

If you are indeed reading, pleeeease keep doing it.

Some good goals, everyone looks like they want the ball , Bucko practicing his future Forest march winner and the away kit looks smart in motion...

Loved Hendricks goal, very different from his usual drives from range.

Not sure about the deflection on the Russell goal, although its hard to tell on the video.

Definitely was,  I was sat in line.

However, the decisiveness on the goal was brilliant. Lovely waited touch from Hughes into his patch then it was just A to B in the quickest time possible.

Some nice play and goals (albeit dubious defending too)...we didn't have the big boys on but we need to improve our defending from set pieces this season. At least as last season went on, we did look increasingly dangerous from our own set pieces.

Also if Ward does get injured again, we have Russell and a year's more experienced Jacobs (and possibly Mason Bennett). We have more depth everywhere at the start of this season apart from centre half. I'm sure there will be some good pros available on loan by the end of August.

Loved Hendricks goal, very different from his usual drives from range.

Not sure about the deflection on the Russell goal, although its hard to tell on the video.

Hendricks was pure class.

Hogansons brilliant.

Neither of them fit to lace the boots of Coutts strike v the Bohs.

You'll not see a sweeter struck shot all year (in any league).

First half defending looked suspicious but even from pre season i'm already getting a buzz about the way we're playing Russell looked confident never had any doubt he wasn't going to score!

Hopefully from what we've seen in pre season we will shoot from outside the box, who thought we had such great strikers of the ball behind last seasons exterior!

I'd put Hoganson's above Coutts' tbh if only for the fact he's having to run onto it and hit it.

I'd settle on a draw if you would? Hogeys was special and to be fair If I'd have scored a goal like that from left back, you'd still be chasing me now. He gets extra marks for his nonchalence. He acted as if it happened everyday. Good Lad!!!!

Jeff's wasn't too shabby either. It was in the moment it left his foot. He's going to have a massive year for us.

Lovely start to the pre-season. 11 goals, 3 in two for the new boy, who's looking very clever indeed, 3 goals of the season from unexpected sources.

The defence needs a more settled look before we really know whether the set piece defending is still a major concern. But like last season, we're going to dish out a couple of right tonkings at Pride Park. We've got some real quality going forward and we've got goals everywhere.

I'm getting carried away again aren't I?

I'd settle on a draw if you would? Hogeys was special and to be fair If I'd have scored a goal like that from left back, you'd still be chasing me now. He gets extra marks for his nonchalence. He acted as if it happened everyday. Good Lad!!!!

Jeff's wasn't too shabby either. It was in the moment it left his foot. He's going to have a massive year for us.

Lovely start to the pre-season. 11 goals, 3 in two for the new boy, who's looking very clever indeed, 3 goals of the season from unexpected sources.

The defence needs a more settled look before we really know whether the set piece defending is still a major concern. But like last season, we're going to dish out a couple of right tonkings at Pride Park. We've got some real quality going forward and we've got goals everywhere.

I'm getting carried away again aren't I?

Yep.

Well done.

Carry on.

I like hendricks goal.....a touch of the trevor brookings or liam brady

Grant's save seems a bit over rated tbh.

poor defending for the first goal.

The only thing that makes me think Hendrick's and Coutt's is better than Hogie's is because of Hogie's control. It was poor chest control, it kind of got away from him and he had to improvise (albeit by pinging it into the top corner). It looked awkward as well because he took it with his left when, arguably, it was more suited for his right.

I'm going to go with Hendrick's as the best just because I'm a sucker for a curler. Looks exquisite when pulled off.

The only thing that makes me think Hendrick's and Coutt's is better than Hogie's is because of Hogie's control. It was poor chest control, it kind of got away from him and he had to improvise (albeit by pinging it into the top corner). It looked awkward as well because he took it with his left when, arguably, it was more suited for his right.

I'm going to go with Hendrick's as the best just because I'm a sucker for a curler. Looks exquisite when pulled off.

Can't really see it on the camera angle, but Hogie's was outside of the boot curling away from the keeper. The technique was impeccable.

Archived