Port Vale v Derby County

uttoxram75

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without sounding pedantic - I would take Mason out of the reserves, and just let him play train with the first team.

It looks too easy for him to use his strength and bully the opposition - go down this route, and in the end will dent progress IMO as he will become reliant on these attributes - not so easy to push a 14 stone 6'3'' centre back out the way.

He looks a bit taller than when he started out against Middlebrough,

17 years old and a tank.

Is there any reason he won't be pushing to start ahead of Martin or Ward?

Clough did say he was only playing for the u21's to get a game in the central striker role.

Without sounding pedantic - I would take Mason out of the reserves, and just let him play train with the first team.

It looks too easy for him to use his strength and bully the opposition - go down this route, and in the end will dent progress IMO as he will become reliant on these attributes - not so easy to push a 14 stone 6'3'' centre back out the way.

He does train with the first team, clough has said he played with then so he could have a game as a centre forward instead of being forced to play wide with the first team

Just watched the highlights.

I was a bit concerned that we conceded 3 goals to them but I don't think it's much to worry about. O'Connor was directly at fault for 2 of them and I'm not sure what Eustace did wrong to give away the free kick that led to the first. Grant could probably have come for that ball though.

As for our goals, wow. Hogie and Hendrick's goals were both stunning. Russell's goal was good too, although it looked as though it got a slight deflection. They all count though!

Must say as well, Jacobs looked very dangerous. Fashioned a couple of good chances and could have had a few more if it weren't for good goalkeeping. I'd very much like to see him come in when Ward gets injured.

Archived