Port Vale v Derby County

uttoxram75

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the bit in the bottom right?

Staffordshire county flag. You can tell because it's got the Stafford Knot in the centre. Also known as a knot.

What is the bit in the bottom right?

As Eddie said, its the Staffordshire flag with DCFC on it!

The east staffs area is closer to Derby city than north derbys and Utch is about the same distance as Ashbourne and Matlock give or take a furlong or two. 

So, yeah, Derby fans through and through and proud of it but the staffs thing is just a nod to where we live.

Anyway, me lad had it made to take to Brazil 2014 as he lives and works in South America and i suppose its unique and it'll be his way of letting all his family and friends know he's there!

Waahey! Utch lads on tour... well, same county but still on tour. Love the flag by the way, really smart. I keep meaning to get one made, just keep changing my mind on what I want on it...

An old mate of mine joined us at half-time, Gibbo from Newcastle Under Lyme, he goes right back to the 70's and was a legend for always wearing his Derby colours on the train from Stoke no matter who we were playing. Him and his lad came and sat with us 2nd half and loved the Utch flag.

We used to get on the train at Utch bitd to find that Gibbo had been abused by shed loads of Stokies, Scousers or Mancs to find out he'd told them "wait till the Utch lads get on, you'll be fooked then!". We'd be greeted with a mad Gibbo shouting " have 'em lads" as 12 of us boarded the train while 400 boneheads cracked their knuckles in anticipation.

Happy days!

I'm sure I know who you mean! Big stocky lad used to go on his own quite a bit? The lads I used to go with from North Wales used to call him 'Stokie' obviously... I've seen him a few times walking around town (NULC) with a shirt on but not recently.

Anyway, if it is him... In the early 90s I was about 13, 14 when started going from Stoke station, I'd meet my Granddad and Uncles who were already on it from Chester (a mission in itself as was Crewe at times) anyway one Saturday I walked straight through onto platform 1 to see him what I could only describe as 'eyeballing' about a dozen West Ham lads! I know it sounds like a scene from Green Street but they had completely surrounded him and all I remember was hearing "yes i'm f*cking Derby" our usual two or three carriages pulling up, him getting on, me getting on, then "bellends"

He also helped my Grandad out a few times, who was getting on abit by then... He still talks about 'Stokie 'policing' the platforms'

If I can ill find out more, make sure i'm not talking **** and PM you :lol:

Archived