Blog on Nigel Clough

ChaddesdenRam

Even if he named realistic options, someone somewhere would find 'reason' to rubbish it.

Not being able to name a convincing alternative, is not good enough reason to stick with something you see is failing!

You wouldn't, well.... shouldn't stick with a failing relationship if it makes you unhappy, just because you haven't got a replacement partner lined up!

Shouldn't this be in the 'marriages/relationships'  thread ?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think di Matteo, and MON would be good managers, hoddle although failing at wolves would also be somebody I think could do a job, and I enjoy the ways he plays the game.

Casting the net a bit, ole Gunnar, however I'm sure someone knows these personally and they wouldn't take the job / have worse stats / etc....

i agree . Lee Clarke would have been perfect. What has Clough achieved any how

I'm not really up for a long debate about Clough, maybe because I have a splinter stuck in my arse and don't feel I belong in either extreme groups the Internet puts us in.

Just thought Poyet was a strange shout given recent events that's all.

We would DEFINITELY need replacement players and a manager if we were going to sack them off  :lol:

and just rubbishing options is exactly what he lives for 'Russell signed from Scotland, going to be terrible

all I want, is a manager - realistic manager at that. Ian Dowie for example has won more than he has lost, so maybe he should be an option? 

and realistic players, because you ask him to name a striker who is going to do well and would cost less than a million in this division, if we was to buy them now - he wouldn't have an answer, just so we've got something to look back on at the end of the season.

Much like when he predicted Barnsley were going to finish above us under the late great Keith Hill  :ph34r:

What the feck do you think we're playing? Football manager?

How do I know what our budget is? How do I know what our wage structure is? How do I know how much other players are worth? How do I know what other managers command what? How do I know what wages other players are asking for?

Asking me to name managers and players is just totally ridiculous and unrealistic..

Go and get me a list of all the phone numbers of managers, players, agents and give me all the details that NC has regarding the wage/budget etc.. And I'll give it a go.. Until then what you're asking is frankly ridiculous and immature..

Grow up.

As for the bold bit.. You do realise making things up is just sad don't you?

What the feck do you think we're playing? Football manager?

How do I know what our budget is? How do I know what our wage structure is? How do I know how much other players are worth? How do I know what other managers command what? How do I know what wages other players are asking for?

Asking me to name managers and players is just totally ridiculous and unrealistic..

Go and get me a list of all the phone numbers of managers, players, agents and give me all the details that NC has regarding the wage/budget etc.. And I'll give it a go.. Until then what you're asking is frankly ridiculous and immature..

Grow up.

As for the bold bit.. You do realise making things up is just sad don't you?

No, but there is a difference between suggesting someone we could potentially sign like Marcus Tudgay, Martyn Waghorn and Mario Gomez and Jordi Alba? is there not.

and what did you say about Russell? okay, I was pedantic for saying you called him rubbish - but none the less you called a lot of people 'pathetic' for getting excited, and at the time I asked you to name better viable options, yet again you couldn't do it.

and I know should ignore you - but in the same sense, you keep a debate open for posting such boring nonsense. 

No, but there is a difference between suggesting someone we could potentially sign like Marcus Tudgay, Martyn Waghorn and Mario Gomez and Jordi Alba? is there not.

and what did you say about Russell? okay, I was pedantic for saying you called him rubbish - but none the less you called a lot of people 'pathetic' for getting excited, and at the time I asked you to name better viable options, yet again you couldn't do it.

and I know should ignore you - but in the same sense, you keep a debate open for posting such boring nonsense. 

How do I know who we could potentially sign? How does anyone know?

Unless you give me the exact same details as NC regarding budgets/wages etc.. and unless we actually contact other clubs, players and agents we'll also never know..

How can you know possibly know if Waghorn is a potential buy? Do you know what wages he'll ask for? Do you even know our wage budget? Do you know if he's interested in Derby? Do you know how much Leicester would want for him? Do you even know our transfer budget? Do you know what sort of cut his agent will want? Do you know if Leicester are even contemplating selling him?

I doubt anyone on here knows the answer to any of those questions let alone all of them so there is absolutely no point in trying to goad other posters into giving possible transfer options because it's impossible to do..

I didn't call people pathetic for getting excited over Russell.. I called people pathetic for the reasons why they were getting excited over him (youtube videos and celtic fan comments).. There was a guy who rated Russell because he'd seen him play a fair few times up there and knows what NPC football is all about.. I had absolutely no problems with that guys opinion and I hope he's right..

I didn't call people pathetic for getting excited over Russell.. I called people pathetic for the reasons why they were getting excited over him (youtube videos and celtic fan comments).. There was a guy who rated Russell because he'd seen him play a fair few times up there and knows what NPC football is all about.. I had absolutely no problems with that guys opinion and I hope he's right..

And that guy......was Nigel Clough...right?

How can you know possibly know if Waghorn is a potential buy? Do you know what wages he'll ask for? Do you even know our wage budget? Do you know if he's interested in Derby? Do you know how much Leicester would want for him? Do you even know our transfer budget? Do you know what sort of cut his agent will want? Do you know if Leicester are even contemplating selling him?

We don't... but in scales of not knowing Waghorn is a more realistic prospect than, say, Messi who you keep quoting as a player we should sign...

I would suggest the below as decent reasons why Waghorn is more realistic:

• Waghorn seems to be out of favour at Leicester, Messi seems very much in favour at Barca
  • Waghorn's value is within a realistic budget for a championship club, to buy Messi we would have to mortgage our ground about 10 times
  • Being out of favour Waghorn may not demand high wages, Messi earns a reported £250,000 a week
  • Waghorn plays in the same league as us, Messi plays in a different country, in a higher league

But, you know that's just using common sense n that... Don't feel you have to...

We don't... but in scales of not knowing Waghorn is a more realistic prospect than, say, Messi who you keep quoting as a player we should sign...

I would suggest the below as decent reasons why Waghorn is more realistic:

• Waghorn seems to be out of favour at Leicester, Messi seems very much in favour at Barca
  • Waghorn's value is within a realistic budget for a championship club, to buy Messi we would have to mortgage our ground about 10 times
  • Being out of favour Waghorn may not demand high wages, Messi earns a reported £250,000 a week
  • Waghorn plays in the same league as us, Messi plays in a different country, in a higher league

But, you know that's just using common sense n that... Don't feel you have to...

Your lack of "can-do" attitude disappoints me. Reach for the stars brother !

For me, I'd rather have seen Clough bring in a really experienced old-head who knows how to deal with big(ger) egos than see Clough replaced. But he's not addressed/changed his coaching set-up in five years, so won't do now.

I'd have happily seen Jim Smith or Joe Royle (or someone similar) come in for those first few seasons and be Clough's experienced assistant. 

For me, I'd rather have seen Clough bring in a really experienced old-head who knows how to deal with big(ger) egos than see Clough replaced. But he's not addressed/changed his coaching set-up in five years, so won't do now.

I'd have happily seen Jim Smith or Joe Royle (or someone similar) come in for those first few seasons and be Clough's experienced assistant. 

I'm not a fan of this theory (you're by no means the only one who has suggested it).

Not just because NC had the ultimate mentor in his Dad, but just generally - have there ever been any examples where this sort of arrangement bear fruit?

I wouldn't have been against that when he came to us (I wasn't in favour of Clough's appointment originally), but think it would be a ridiculous idea at this point (I think he proved me wrong and is now doing a very good job).

Out of interest - am I unusual in having my opinion change this way round?

Archived