Champions League Final

abertawe_ram

I thought I'd take this opportunity to lose my thread-starting virginity...

Das Endpiel:

Borussia Dortmund v Bayern Munich
- tonight, 7.45pm, Wembley

Should be a cracking game between two exciting German teams.

Who do you want to win?
Who do you think will win?
Care to try a score prediction? 
Anyone got any bets on?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't decide who I want to win.

Bayern should've won it last year but were robbed by Chelsea and I admire the way Dortmund are run as a club. It's a tough call for me.

I just hope that there is a shed load of goals and the best team over 90/120 mins win the game.

I think Bayern will get the win in the end, though I am hoping for a Dortmund victory as I watch them when I can, I like the energy around the club (and I'm a big fan of Klopp, as are most people right now).

Gotze is a big loss for Dortmund, though I'm not sure where his head would've been anyway considering he would've been inflicting a third straight final defeat upon his future teammates had he played and Dortmund won.

3-2 Bayern I reckon, though it's far too close to call, and I could easily say the same for Dortmund. In-play betting I think if anyone's going to put money on it, see how the game pans out initially.

I can't decide who I want to win.

I just hope that there is a shed load of goals and the best team over 90/120 mins win the game.

I'm with you on that, cannot decide who I want to win.

Dortmund are the underdogs and I think their manager Klopp is a really entertaining figure. Plus they play great football.

But at the same time I'd feel for Bayern if they were to lose another final, especially after last year. They're also great to watch.

Looking at the Bayern team there are no weakness in it and I would expect them to shade it. But its so tough to call.

I'm considering going for over 5.5 goals at 10-1, partly just cos I'd love to see that many goals!

Who do you want to win? Dortmund. They managed to replace Sahin and Kagawa, but if/when they lose Lewandowski an Gotze I think they'd struggle to replace those two. So it could be a while before we see Dortmund at the Champions League final again. That's what separates it for me.

Who do you think will win? Bayern. I think the damage will be one on the wings, Robben drifting in, leaving space for Lahm on the right, while Ribery exploits the space created when Pizceck gets forward.

Care to try a score prediction? 4 (Robben (2), Muller, Ribery) - 2 (Reus, Hummels)

Both teams are just set up to counter..

And suprisingly, both teams struggle when going behind.. They were both given a massive advantage in the SF by having the home legs first.. I would have liked to see how they'd cope going behind in a tie..

Dortmund in particular have been shoddy when going behind.. They've really struggled..

On the game, I'd be suprised if it has more than 3.5 goals.. Looking at the recent results (other than the 5-2 Cup win for Dortmund where Neuer had a shocker and 2 penalties were given) the rest have been extremely close affairs with lowscoring games..

It's easy to say, but I'd be be shocked if the winner of this game performs a comeback.. Whoever scores first will probably end up having an 80% chance of lifting the cup..

I hope it's Bayern.. Lahm, Ribery and Schweinsteiger deserve to win a big trophy.. All 3 have lost in CL Finals, Domestic Cup Finals, The European Cup final (international), WC Semi Finals and a WC Final for Ribery in 06.. They all deserve it, especially when the likes of John Terry and Obi Mikel have winner medals..

Dortmund are a young side.. They'll get more opportunities.. Although Bayern are turning into Domestic Bullies with their signings similar to Man utd..

Bayern to win 2-0

Think Dortmund will just sneak it, 2-1 in the 90 minutes.

Hope YoungUttoxRam gets that Derby flag in a prominent place - and I don't mean rammed up his arse by a sweaty german.....

i'd really like to see that .. err not the 'rammed up the jacksie' bit .. but the flag displayed in its full glory..

:lol:

I'll be happy for both teams - I think Bayern have been as near to perfection in their approach as possible this season though, and, think them winning it would probably cap off one of their best years in their exclusive history!

Blaz vs Alaba will be a cracking match up... 

I don't think either team like their ball falling behind their midfield though, which is interesting. 

Archived