New deal for Bryson. Pee

DCFCfranco

Craig Bryson: Derby County deal delights Rams captain

Derby County captain Craig Bryson says the club are in a great position to win promotion to the Premier League after signing a three-year contract.The midfielder agreed the deal last month and was delighted to extend his stay until the summer of 2016.Bryson, 26, told East Midlands Today: "I don't think my two years at Derby could have gone much better."We have a good squad and have added quality. If we improve our away form we have a good chance [of going up]."Bryson added: "I have really enjoyed my time here. I settled straight away and have been loving it ever since."It's such a big club. I am delighted. I cannot wait for pre-season to start."Bryson has made 85 appearances and scored 11 goals in all competitions since joining the Rams from Kilmarnock in May 2011

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23047219

Is this a misprint or could he be our new captain?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Craig Bryson: Derby County deal delights Rams captain

Derby County captain Craig Bryson says the club are in a great position to win promotion to the Premier League after signing a three-year contract.The midfielder agreed the deal last month and was delighted to extend his stay until the summer of 2016.Bryson, 26, told East Midlands Today: "I don't think my two years at Derby could have gone much better."We have a good squad and have added quality. If we improve our away form we have a good chance [of going up]."Bryson added: "I have really enjoyed my time here. I settled straight away and have been loving it ever since."It's such a big club. I am delighted. I cannot wait for pre-season to start."Bryson has made 85 appearances and scored 11 goals in all competitions since joining the Rams from Kilmarnock in May 2011

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23047219

Is this a misprint or could he be our new captain?

Definitely mis-print. I would imagine he is joint 3rd choice with Brayford after Sir Shaun and Richard Keogh

Bryson won't be captain, I'm an experienced Football Manager player and it tells you that if you change the captain it can basically piss the player off, with Nigel recently back and school I doubt he would not be aware of this and Barker will continue to be the club captain and Keogh his side kick.

And exactly a month later, the club PR machine spins this one up again. Do they expect us to get all excited AGAIN??

What this actually highlights is the lack of OTHER transfer news - so bad that they have to make "man who agreed contract last month, signs a bit of paper now he's not on holiday any more" the BIG story.

The ultimate "it's a like a new signing" signing

It's typical of this big PR Spin machine to try and make a big song and dance about getting one of our most consistent performers to sign a new 3 year deal.

Next they will be saying Grant is an experienced Championship keeper and Russell a young exciting goalscorer...anything to try and sell season tickets.

Would much rather go on the official site and see. Exclusive: board and manager think we are sh1te and think our players are rubbish.

Would much rather go on the official site and see. Exclusive: board and manager think we are sh1te and think our players are rubbish.

Billy's at Forest

..with stipulations:

it must be by someone officially associated with DCFC, or on an official article

it must not be being said as a joke, it must be a genuine 'positive spin' comment

edit: Oh and, being suggested by an interviewer doesn't count unless the interviewee agrees!

Not for money or owt, I'm not a gambler.

..with stipulations:

it must be by someone officially associated with DCFC, or on an official article

it must not be being said as a joke, it must be a genuine 'positive spin' comment

edit: Oh and, being suggested by an interviewer doesn't count unless the interviewee agrees!

Not for money or owt, I'm not a gambler.

you're on! BOOKMARKED!

Archived