New deal for Bryson. Pee

DCFCfranco

Bryson Agrees New Derby Deal

Derby County midfielder Craig Bryson has agreed a new three-year contract with the Club.

26-year-old Bryson will put pen-to-paper on his new deal, which will run until the summer of 2016, when he returns from holiday.

Talks have been on-going with Derby’s 2011-12 Player of the Season over the last few weeks to extend his stay at Pride Park, as he was due to be out of contract next summer.

Since arriving from Scottish Premier League side Kilmarnock in the summer of 2011 for an undisclosed fee, Bryson has established himself as a key figure in manager Nigel Clough’s plans.

He memorably scored the winning goal in the 1-0 victory at local rivals Nottingham Forest in September 2012 and he has, in total, netted 11 times in 85 appearances in a Rams shirt.

Bryson said: “I’m pleased to have reached an agreement to remain at Derby County for the next three years.

“I want to be part of what the club is trying to achieve, so it’s great we’ve got something sorted and I’ve made it clear for a while that I’ve settled into the area and wanted to stay.

“I’ve really enjoyed the last two seasons and I think with the progress we’ve made in that time, especially in the last 12 months, we can kick on and make a real challenge towards the top six next season.

“We’ve got a strong team in place already with an excellent spirit and the manager has made no secret of the fact he wants to add to it over the summer to see if we can have an even better season next year, which is quite exciting.”

He added: “I am due to go away on holiday but I’ll be signing the contract in the next few weeks.”

Clough has also expressed his delight at the news that Bryson has agreed to sign the Rams’ contract offer.

With goalkeeper Lee Grant and striker Chris Martin arriving from Burnley and Norwich City respectively and midfielder Ben Davies signing a new one-year deal earlier this month, Clough has enjoyed a busy start to the close-season.

Although the Derby boss has shown a strong desire to add fresh faces to his squad this summer he says retaining key members of the current group is equally as important.

He said: “Craig is a key player for us so it was always high on our wish list to get something agreed with him.

“There aren’t too many players like him around so this is an important piece of news for us that he wants to remain at Derby County for the next three years.

“People always comment on his work-rate, but that does him a disservice in many ways because he is an extremely good player with a lot of quality.

“His goals from midfield have been vital for us throughout the course of the last two seasons as well.”

Bryson, who has one full Scottish international cap to his name, was named the 84th best player in the 2012–13 npower Championship by Actim Index.

Good news.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is very good news. I thought that Bryson was carrying an injury for most of last season so we didn't see the best of him, but he is a good player for us. I don't like him wide in 4-4-2 just so as to get him into the side, but in a 3 with Hendrick and Hughes he will be good. In fact that 3 would be very good

If a mod could delete that random P that my phone decided to add on. That'd be great.

you fool! How can you be awake this early? I thought all young lads now went around having cocaine fuelled parties and mugging old folk until 5 o'clock in the morning?! Or is that just Stoke-on-Trent..

you fool! How can you be awake this early? I thought all young lads now went around having cocaine fuelled parties and mugging old folk until 5 o'clock in the morning?! Or is that just Stoke-on-Trent..

ive just got back in.

Now shush my head is pounding.

ive just got back in.

Now shush my head is pounding.

i will only give you a like for that comment if your head is pounding and you've gave some unlucky girl a different kind of pounding last night?! If not, I'm disappointed. :p all younguns should 'wrap up' for these occasions too, I like to do my bit for society.

Anyway, Bryson was it?

Great news. Be happier when he's actually put pen to paper though.

Its on the official site, he says he's staying. Delay probably due to actually having the contract written by solicitors and checked by both parties and overlapping with him going off on holiday.

Hey come on, last night I stayed in and got us out of the relegation zone. Out in Stafford tonight though...

I was worried Bryson would be the key player that we lost.  Delighted that he's staying around.

Massive signing for us. Great thread to wake up to!

now  go have a Pee..

good owd Franco..

Its on the official site, he says he's staying. Delay probably due to actually having the contract written by solicitors and checked by both parties and overlapping with him going off on holiday.

Fair enough, I just like to see the t's crossed and the i's dotted. Not that I'm obsessive and irrational about Derby or anything... ;)

Archived