New deal for Bryson. Pee

DCFCfranco

Pleased about this news but who plays where now. Can Cloughie accommodate Hughes , Bryson,Hendrick and Coutts in the same midfield. Still think we need

holding midfield player particularly for away games. Something different from last season to push on.

So we've got too many midfielders but we need another one? Huh?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this is great news, was extremely happy to wake up and read it. It's better than a new signing for me - a very under-rated midfield player, and i've said it before, but perhaps our most integral player. 

People ask for an experienced championship central midfielder, but I don't think there is a single side in this division that wouldn't sign Bryson just for that role! 

He's alright, Ok but nothing special.

Would never cut it in the Prem but could be part of a team that gets promotion.

I think he could be a premier league player - but similar to Glenn Whealan! nothing special, and would need help around him (sort of thing) I actually think Bryson has a better chance than Hendrick, of making that transition. 

Pleased about this news but who plays where now. Can Cloughie accommodate Hughes , Bryson,Hendrick and Coutts in the same midfield. Still think we need holding midfield player particularly for away games. Something different from last season to push on.

I still think Bailey is that holding player.

Bailey's downfall started with him trying to imitate Robbie Savage with rubbish quick free kicks, overelaborate strikes of a ball when a simple pass was on, those unnecessary over the shoulder boots upfield to nobody and of course (joking) that fake tan.

He stopped doing the simple things, he never was a tackler (Hughes can tackle better than Bailey could), he didn't really have goals in him (unlike Hendrick and Bryson) and the team moved on without him.

He's still a good footballer, but I don't see any way he'd improve us at this moment in time.

He's a modern day holding midfielder, and unfortunately for him the sorts of players don't seem to get recognition (people have only taken real notice of Carrick this season, it took years for Alonso to achieve recognition etc.). I'd be tempted to try him out in a few away games, playing instead of Hughes.

Your joking right.   Hendrick is our star man.

Hendrick is very good at this level, playing against a lower opposition - I do think he would become unstuck at the higher level against a better standard. 

I see Bryson being able to keep his standards, a lot of his movement is very intelligent - I mean think about his movement for a lot of his goals this season, and he rarely losses the ball (that's really important for me) whereas Hendrick is more likely to lose the ball, but more likely to burst through and produce a bit of class.

I don't think there are many better centre midfielders in this division than hendrick, bryson or hughes. I think all 3 are in the top 10 and we need to get them all playing together in the same team, working well together... somehow! that would be my summer target - if we can do that, we'll be so strong. 

Funny how Bryson doesn't get in Scotlands squad. Would say Hendrick is alround better player but then I'm knit picking. Glad we have them both. I still think we require holding midfielder and that's my opinion.

It's an absolute joke that he's not in scotland squad , I actually think he's good enough to start but he's certainly good enough for the squad

didn't he hit out at the current management of the Jocks? thought there was something other than simple playing form that's keeping Bryson out..

He reportedly hit out at Craig Levein after his last call up (as he was forced travel with the squad to America, only to warm the bench). He denied he did hit out though.

He did however hit out at the caretaker after Levein had left saying something along the lines of "I'm not surprised [i didn't get picked], he never gave me a chance at youth level either"

Can't really blame him to be honest, good on him in fact for having some *******.

• 4 weeks later...

And exactly a month later, the club PR machine spins this one up again. Do they expect us to get all excited AGAIN??

What this actually highlights is the lack of OTHER transfer news - so bad that they have to make "man who agreed contract last month, signs a bit of paper now he's not on holiday any more" the BIG story.

The ultimate "it's a like a new signing" signing

And exactly a month later, the club PR machine spins this one up again. Do they expect us to get all excited AGAIN??

What this actually highlights is the lack of OTHER transfer news - so bad that they have to make "man who agreed contract last month, signs a bit of paper now he's not on holiday any more" the BIG story.

So it's now official he's signed his contract then.

It is what it is, an article/interview with a popular player on the day he signs a new contract - everything else is just what you've attributed to it!

I'm struggling to think when ANYONE last used the words 'like a new signing'. Anyone?

Anyway, here's the article:

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/bryson-the-best-is-yet-to-come-879343.aspx

Bryson: The Best Is Yet To Come

PUBLISHED

12:52 25th June 2013

by DCFC Media

Central midfielder confident he can build on first two seasons at the Rams.

Midfielder Craig Bryson vows his best is yet to come, after the 26-year-old put pen-to-paper on a new three-year deal with the Club earlier this morning.

The former Kilmarnock midfielder agreed terms on a new contract last month, although the new deal was signed and sealed at Moor Farm Training Ground today, which will run until the summer of 2016.

Despite picking up the Rams’ Player of the Year award in his first full campaign with the side, Bryson says his sights are firmly set on eclipsing that impressive campaign in the Championship.

He told Rams Player:“I am absolutely delighted to get the deal signed. 

“As soon as I knew Derby wanted to offer me a new contract I was really happy and I just wanted to stay; I love playing for this Club.

“It has been an excellent two years for me here and hopefully the next three can be even better.

“Ever since I signed for the Club I have really enjoyed my time here and I have really enjoyed playing here.

“I was quite happy with my performances last season; I obviously had a few niggles here and there which affected me, but I just tried to play through them and get on with it. 

“I am like every footballer - I want to play every game, but sometimes I should just let my body rest, which I find difficult.

“Hopefully the six weeks off have given me time to rest and I can come back fully fit for pre-season training on Thursday.”

Meanwhile, as the Rams finished the 2012/13 campaign in tenth position in the Championship; losing just four league games at Pride Park, Bryson admits the squad are going into the new season full of confidence, desperate to build on last year's points tally.

He added: “I think everybody you speak to, including the supporters, are really positive about this season and the players are no different.

“I think we were quite close last year; if we had just improved our away form a little bit we would have been right up there.

“Every club in this division is thinking what we’re thinking; we want to finish in the top six and push for an automatic position.

"I think that is what makes the Championship so entertaining, everybody can beat everybody and the division is so tight.”

Watch the full interview with Craig Bryson on Rams Player.

Archived